• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Looked at it - Arsenal and Manchester United both guaranteed group stage. If Arsenal go into Champions League it doesn't affect us too much. Sparta Prague would go in to the groups I think.

Good man, I'm busy doing EU election projections. I can't do two at once :D

Inter have scored so we now are looking at AC Milan into the group stage, and Roma into quali 2. Because Roma are likely to be in quali 2 rather than 3, their coefficient wont get them into the group stage if Arsenal win the final this year. It still looks like Sparta would be the beneficiary.

Spartak Moscow in at 3rd quali. Their coefficient not enough to get them above Sparta Prague should Arsenal win the final. More importantly for us, their coefficient is less than ours (16.000 vs 16.978)

Wolfsberger AC (Austria) into the group stage. A group with us, Wolfsburg and them would be a commentators nightmare.

FC Thun in to third quali, Lugano into group stage, Luzern into second quali (all Switzerland)

Royal Antwerp in to second quali as Belgian playoff winners.

Busy weekend of sorting this draw out!

Spartak Moscow in at 3rd quali. Their coefficient not enough to get them above Sparta Prague should Arsenal win the final. More importantly for us, their coefficient is less than ours (16.000 vs 16.978)

Wikipedia is incorrect as they're not taking account of the various finals. My understanding is that our coefficient is actually going to be 17.092. Not a huge difference but it might be enough in some cases.

It will be higher than the 16.978

At the moment it says our coefficent will be greater than or equal to that 16.978, which is the absolute minimum it can be. They just havent confirmed it yet. In terms of our seeding in later rounds those couple of tenths make little difference. Not enough to get above Standard Liege at 17.500

When we win it we should get a decent seeding for the CL groups then

CSKA Moscow into the group stage

The preliminary quali is now complete after some Luxemburger, Gibraltarian and Andorran outfits qualified.

Equaliser for Empoli against Inter means as it stands Inter and Roma are heading for Europa and AC Milan will sneak into the Champions League

I think.

And then Inter immediately score again as so we are back to AC Milan and Roma in the Europa.

Exciting innit.

And a late winner for Roma

Inter and AC are both winning so I think we are looking at

Inter and Atalanta Champions League
AC Milan Europa Group Stage
Roma Europa Quali 2

Back