• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

It's been active for a while. I did mine last night.

They were advertising renewals at the Fulham game. With it being holiday season I don't think getting a ticket will be too taxing for the first 3 rounds.

Partizan Belgrade are in as Serbian cup winners after beating Red Star in what I am sure was a family friendly affair played in the best atmosphere of mutual fan respect and sportsmanship.

First quali round is very close to full now.

Partizan will probably be seeded but I'd absolutely love to draw them at some point. The Grobari are amazing. To see Wolves play at their stadium would be a dream come true.

Their coefficient is 18.000 so they will be seeded.

It could also be an issue for us being seeded in the playoff round. We are going to be right on the cusp of it if we get there.

We have been officially seeded for the second quali round. Never in doubt that we would be, but nice to see.

Trabzonspor now appear to be in. Guess they have appealed. Doubts over Mechelen though. Corruption judgement due on Tuesday which will decide their fate. Most of the remainder of the draw should be complete by Sunday night, bar the Austrian playoff which isn’t complete until 2 June for some reason.

It’s annoying that we don’t find out who we are playing until one week before.

Not strictly true you could draw a team who go in at R2 (Aberdeen and Burnley this year) but yeah it’s likely.

If you do get a winner of R1 scenario from experience lads don’t book on assumption that a team will win as it could be an expensive mistake.

As for Rangers we’re not yet seeded for 2nd round there’s probably one spot left (2 but we’d need a miracle in Israel) we need either Hearts to beat Celtic today or the Romanian cup winners to be Viitoria Constantana today at 6pm.

Last year we were unseeded and drew Osijek in R2 and beat them but they’re seeding wasn’t good enough to be seeded in R3 so played Maribor luckily we took their seeding for R4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could get Lechia Gdańsk which would be a chance to see the stadium for the final!

Looks a nice stadium too.

Aberdeen in now as well. With Hearts losing the cup final, the place goes to 4th in the league.

I can't see any other additions yet. Might be some this evening, but tomorrow is when most of the remaining slots will get filled.

I can't see any other additions yet. Might be some this evening, but tomorrow is when most of the remaining slots will get filled.

Tonight is Romanian cup final affects Rangers - FC Astra Giurgiu win they go in seeded and Rangers are unseeded should they make it to R2, FC Viitorul Constanța win they go in unseeded and Rangers are seeded again should they make it through the first round.

Viitorul are favs 6pm KO.

Interesting to know.

I have NEVER been this invested in seeing how other leagues pan out. I love the fact we are in.

And there'll be people in deepest Eastern Europe planning an away day,googling to see the closest airport,best flights and hotels in Wolverhampton,how bonkers is that?

Last edited:
Interesting to know.

I have NEVER been this invested in seeing how other leagues pan out. I love the fact we are in.

Sounds weird but it’s all good to know but you might even find yourself putting one of the teams on a coupon because you think “they qualified for Europa league must be half decent” lol

Ps you don’t want to draw us if we end up being unseeded as you’ll not get that good an allocation. Plus you’d beat us so don’t want you guys .

I like rangers, hope you make it through to the group stages - you can then hopefully keep improving and end the boring Celtic procession...

Back