• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I'm not bothered who we draw from a strength of opposition perspective, I would like to avoid Celtic because of the associated problems they (or Rangers) would bring

Agreed.

I think those teams would be more hoping more to avoid Wolves !

8 Portuguese managers on the next round. Germany, Holland and Spain come next with 3.

Wolves will be drawn against one of these teams in the last 32

Ajax
Inter Milan
Benfica
RB Salzburg
Sevilla
Malmo
Espanyol
Basel
LASK
Celtic
Porto
Gent
Basaksehir

I think we beat anyone outside the top 5. It’s only Inter I wouldn’t have us favourites. Ajax, Sevilla 50/50. Slight favourites Benfica and Salzburg.

I'd want to avoid Ajax, Sevilla and Inter. Maybe Benfica and Salzburg. But any of the other eight we'd be favourites.

I think we beat anyone outside the top 5. ItÂ’s only Inter I wouldnÂ’t have us favourites. Ajax, Sevilla 50/50. Slight favourites Benfica and Salzburg.

Leverkusen, Wolves, Frankfurt, Wolfshurg and Roma are the teams to avoid by seeded teams.

I would pick AZ for Benfica. It's not the easiest of teams but Dutch teams usually don't go well against portuguese sides.

As for Wolves, Porto is now possible so Sporting can't happen. You guys would get to visit one of the best circus in Europe. Very entertaining.

On the way out, could get Bruno Fernandes with you. He can be annoying sometimes.

Slowly working my way through Googling away allocations. Any assistance appreciated.

Ajax - The Johan Cruyff Arena
Capacity 54,990
Chelsea took 2,100 in Nov 2019

Inter Milan - San Siro Stadium
Capacity 80,018
Southampton took 7,000 in 2016

Last edited:
Well, I've done three random draws. We got Benfica, Salzburg and Celtic. So bugger that

Did that just now

Wolves v Espanyol
Rangers v Braga
Roma v Arsenal
Shakhtar v Inter
APOEL v Celtic
Wolfsburg v Ajax
Sporting v Basaksehir
Frankfurt v Benfica
Ludogorets v Manchester United

Some very tasty ties. I would be very happy if that draw actually came out

Did that just now

Wolves v Espanyol
Rangers v Braga
Roma v Arsenal
Shakhtar v Inter
APOEL v Celtic
Wolfsburg v Ajax
Sporting v Basaksehir
Frankfurt v Benfica
Ludogorets v Manchester United

Some very tasty ties. I would be very happy if that draw actually came out

Given your prediction track record........... :smarmy:

It's really nice to see Rangers back there.

Fans deserve that.

You wouldn't want to draw them though. Dangerous game and the away allocation at Ibrox is absolutely pitiful.

The more I muck about with the draw simulator the more it seems to me that the changes in group standings on match day six have actually made it a pretty even split between the pots and seeding isn't necessarily a huge advantage.

Any seeded team is going to look at Pot 2 and immediately see Wolves, Roma, Sporting, Eintracht Frankfurt, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg as pretty damn tough opponents. You can probably add Rangers into that list as well.

APOEL v Internazionale
Club Brugge v Celtic
Ludogorets v Başakşehir
AZ v Benfica
København v Gent
Sporting CP v Malmö
Getafe v Arsenal
Shakhtar v Porto
Wolverhampton v Ajax
Olympiacos v Sevilla
Roma v Man United
CFR Cluj v Braga
Rangers v Salzburg
Frankfurt v Espanyol
Leverkusen v LASK
Wolfsburg v Basel

Oh dear.

I wouldn't be devastated if we got an Ajax or an Inter. Tough, tough games, but we would have a reasonable chance and just think of what an occasion it would be.

I personally would rather it waited until the quarter finals at least though!

That draw simulator is like crack cocaine. I can't leave it alone.

Must have drawn Wolves v Celtic about twenty times...

Back