• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Very tight group in the end.

If we are unseeded I wouldn’t mind drawing Espanyol. They are doing shite in la Liga.

You could give Van La Parra shit as well. Win/win situation.

If we are unseeded the chances are a very tough draw. The winners of the Copenhagen group would probably be the best result. Celtic on paper would be okay but the tie would be a nightmare in terms of policing and 10,000 drunken Glaswegians rolling into town.

I reckon we will get Sporting. It is written in the stars.

If we are unseeded the chances are a very tough draw. The winners of the Copenhagen group would probably be the best result. Celtic on paper would be okay but the tie would be a nightmare in terms of policing and 10,000 drunken Glaswegians rolling into town.

Celtic are a very good side still. Wouldn't be an easy game at all.

Sporting can be tricky. Players are desperate to get out of that nuthouse (before they get beat up again), so they are playing in Europe like their lives depended on it (they might actually depend on it...)

As it stands, Atalanta are making the last 16 in the Champions League and Shakhtar Donetsk will be joining the Europa knockouts. And without enough points to push either of Benfica or Inter out of the Pot 1 seeding. I feel sad for Dani Olmo not looking like getting post-Christmas European football. However, there is a solution!!

Tottenham have rested a fair few tonight, it looks like a 2nd string team

Right

Bold and underlined is a team confirmed to be qualified and in their Pot. Bold is a team that have qualified but the pot isn't yet certain. I will update this as things change. A team who can still qualify are unboldened and no underlining.

Pot 1

Sevilla, Red Bull Salzburg, Ajax, Celtic, Espanyol, Inter Milan

Pot 2
APOEL Nicosia, Shakhtar Donetsk

Pot to be decided
Wolverhampton Wanderers, Benfica, SC Braga, Basel, Sporting CP, LASK Linberger, Gent, VFL Wolfsburg, Manchester United, AZ Alkmaar Club Brugges, Galatasaray, Red Star Belgrade, Olympiakos, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Copenhagen. Malmo FF, Dynamo Kviv, Getafe, Krasnodar, CFR Cluj, Lazio, Arsenal, Eintracht Frankfurt, Standard Liege, Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord, Ludogorets Razgrad, Ferencvaros, Borussia Moenchengladbach, AS Roma, Istanbul Basaksiher

Leverkusen are going to join us and it looks like SLB is going to get his wish and Benfica will be seeded. Happy days for you my friend :beerchug:

Bold and underlined is a team confirmed to be qualified and in their Pot. Bold is a team that have qualified but the pot isn't yet certain. I will update this as things change. A team who can still qualify are unboldened and no underlining. Teams marked with an asterisk cannot be drawn by Wolverhampton Wanderers in the last 32.

Pot 1

Sevilla, Red Bull Salzburg, Ajax, Celtic, Espanyol, Inter Milan, Benfica

Pot 2
APOEL Nicosia, Shakhtar Donetsk, Club Brugges, Beyer Leverkusen, Olympiakos

Pot to be decided
Wolverhampton Wanderers, SC Braga*, Basel, Sporting CP, LASK Linberger, Gent, VFL Wolfsburg, Manchester United*, AZ Alkmaar Copenhagen, Malmo FF, Dynamo Kviv, Getafe, Krasnodar, CFR Cluj, Lazio, Arsenal*, Eintracht Frankfurt, Standard Liege, Rangers, Porto, Young Boys, Feyenoord, Ludogorets Razgrad, Ferencvaros, Borussia Moenchengladbach, AS Roma, Istanbul Basaksiher

Just hope ties aren't Wolves Benfica. Now that I emigrated without a steady income temporarily...

I’d back us against all the pot 2 CL teams. We don’t really want to be traveling to Ukraine though. Pot 1 teams look less appetising.

But we can’t get the English teams so there’s only really Monchengladbach and Sevilla I’d want to avoid out of group winners.

Got to beat them all though haven’t you...

You would be horribly conflicted anyway. Wolves is your new love and we thank you but you are married to Benfica.

But it ain't that! I made a promise to myself, if Benfica ever drew Wolves I would try to go to both games. But at the moment it's just impossible.

But you are right! What I normally say about this is "if one club chose me to be a part of it, Benfica, the other I chose to be a part of, Wolves" :)

Now we should get Ajax or club Brugge. I could go to that game!

10 years ago today we beat Spurs 1-0 at White Hart Lane in a quest to survive now we’re in Europe qualifying for the Knock out stages.

Something kinda hit me last night when I pulled up the Europa group tables. Seeing the Wolves badge in their with the rest, Roma etc. Reminds me of Fifa, getting Wolves into the Prem and Europe. Its mad really.

Wolves will be drawn against one of these teams in the last 32

Ajax
Inter Milan
Benfica
RB Salzburg
Sevilla
Malmo
Espanyol
Basel
LASK
Celtic
Porto
Gent
Basaksehir

I'm not bothered who we draw from a strength of opposition perspective, I would like to avoid Celtic because of the associated problems they (or Rangers) would bring

Back