• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

The more I muck about with the draw simulator the more it seems to me that the changes in group standings on match day six have actually made it a pretty even split between the pots and seeding isn't necessarily a huge advantage.

Any seeded team is going to look at Pot 2 and immediately see Wolves, Roma, Sporting, Eintracht Frankfurt, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg as pretty damn tough opponents. You can probably add Rangers into that list as well.

Yeah, I don't think it makes a huge difference.

Fuck it, we need to beat good teams if we want to go all the way.

Gladbach are the ones to miss, I'm not too bothered about anyone else.

Edit: They're out! Of course. Memory of a goldfish these days.

Wolves vLASK
Ludogorets v Braga
Frankfurt v Celtic
APOEL v Arsenal
AZ v Gent
Getafe v Salzburg
Shakhtar v Ajax
København v Başakşehir
Wolfsburg v Internazionale
Olympiacos v Espanyol
Roma v Benfica
Rangers v Malmö
CFR Cluj v Basel
Sporting CP v Man United
Club Brugge v Porto
Leverkusen v Sevilla

Now that draw I would happily take...

Wolves vLASK
Ludogorets v Braga
Frankfurt v Celtic
APOEL v Arsenal
AZ v Gent
Getafe v Salzburg
Shakhtar v Ajax
København v Başakşehir
Wolfsburg v Internazionale
Olympiacos v Espanyol
Roma v Benfica
Rangers v Malmö
CFR Cluj v Basel
Sporting CP v Man United
Club Brugge v Porto
Leverkusen v Sevilla

Now that draw I would happily take...

No thank you.

It wouldn't be a great draw for Benfica, I must admit, but it would suit Wolves perfectly!

To be honest, the three teams I want us to avoid are Sevilla, Internazionale and Ajax. Everyone else I would be reasonably happy with.

I would love us to get Sevilla, Inter or Ajax. We are in a comp with some huge teams, so bring the fuckers on.

Wolfsburg v Ajax
Olympiacos v Arsenal
CFR Cluj v Braga
Leverkusen v Başakşehir
Ludogorets v Benfica
Frankfurt v Celtic
Shakhtar v Sevilla
Club Brugge v Man United
Rangers v Internazionale
APOEL v Gent
Roma v Salzburg
AZ v Espanyol
Getafe v LASK
Sporting CP v Basel
Wolverhampton v Malmö
København v Porto

Yes fucking please

I cannot get my head round the fact that on Monday we are in a competitive draw with Inter Milan, Roma, Ajax, Sporting,Porto and Benfica.

It's a total mindfuck.

Inter definitely look the one to avoid for me, currently sitting top of Serie A, their back 3 is solid, two forwards in good form and Conte is a top manager. They've looked impressive the few times I've watched them this season, could've easily had 4 or 5 against Barca the other night but for offsides.

We're going to get Inter. I can just feel it.

You do have the beat the best to win these things, and I would enjoy seeing a big team like Ajax play at Molineux, but for this draw I am hoping we get a weaker team. Would prefer a more winnable fixture as winning one knockout tie would be a fantastic experience for the club and fans. Not many teams I fear however, Inter the one to avoid for sure.

I would at some point like us to play Wolfsburg and Roma, but purely as a Wolves versus wolves thing...

From Alex Goncalves on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Aljeeves10/status/1206183183399751681?s=19

If you're interested, the teams Wolves are statistically most likely to draw are:
Porto - 8.17%
Sevilla - 8.06%
Espanyol - 8.06%
Celtic - 8.01%
Gent - 7.97%

Least likely by a fair distance is RB Salzburg (7.02%), as they can be drawn against any of the unseeded sides. #wwfc

Benfica are about 7.6% according to his article.

Does anyone know if there’s an early & late kick off in this round? May help with flight times dependant who we get.

Back