• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

TIME TO TIDY THIS UP

GROUP A: Sevilla into Pot 1. Pot 2 APOEL Nicosia
GROUP B: Copenhagen Malmo and Dynamo Kiev are in the hunt. However, a manufactured draw between Copenhagen and Malmo puts Kiev out I THINK
GROUP C: Basel, Getafe and Krasnodar can all still qualify. Basel losing has put the group RIGHT back in the mixer. Getafe play Krasnodar in the last match week, so I think we can say that Basel should top the group.
GROUP D: Lots of change tonight. Sporting CP and LASK are through. LASK host Sporting in match 6 to decide which pot they end up in. PSV are gone.
GROUP E: Celtic win the group. Cluj need a point at Parkhead to ensure Lazio are out. Play the fucking kids Celtic. PLAY THE KIDS.
GROUP F: Well done Unai, you made this difficult to sort out. Arsenal are not through yet. It would take one hell of a fuck up though. Standard Wankers FC would need to win by at least 4-0 against Arsenal while Eintracht beat Guimaraes to eliminate the Highbury massive. There is now a strong possibility of Eintracht winning this group now.
GROUP G: TIGHT AS FUCK. Rangers now top the group but all four teams have a chance going into the last match
GROUP H: Espanyol are through and are into Pot 1. Ludogorets v Ferencvaros to join them. They play in Bulgaria in match 6.
GROUP I: Gent and Wolfsburg are through. Pot still to be sorted.
GROUP J: Moenchengladbach, Roma and Istanbul can all still make it. I would put money on the first two being successful.
GROUP K: BRAGA AND WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS PROGRESS. Pots to be decided
GROUP L: Manchester United and AZ Alkmaar are through. Pots not done yet.

I think that is everything. I need a lie down...

Last edited:
Looks like Red Bull Salzburg are heading into the Europa League draw. Pretty sure they will go into Pot 1. Hopefully they sell mini-Haaland in January.

Benfica are currently in the Europa. That would be a draw which would make the forum...interesting

Looks like definitely welcome Benfica.
Pot 1 v Pot 2 for the Champions League teams isn't going to be clear until tomorrow, but I will split tonight's teams with the caveat that it can change.

Ajax 10 points +6 GD
RB Salzburg 7 points +3 GD
Inter Milan 8 points +2 GD
Benfica 7 points -1 GD

Let us all welcome our four new friends in the Europa League tonight. As it stands Inter and Ajax into Pot 1. Things will change tomorrow no doubt.

Sorry. Slight change to the above as Inter only got 7 points with the late Barcelona winner.

Ajax and Salzburg are confirmed in pot 1. The third place finishers from Groups A and B will now definitely be in Pot 2, so the final seedings will depend on Groups C and D tonight.

With the group winners already decided in a couple of the groups then the 3rd place team could change is someone like City play a strong team or not.

But otherwise most the groups look done, just the seedlings could change. Leverkusen and Zagreb could pick up wins seeing them drop into pot 1 pushing Benfica and Inter into pot 2.

I know who Id rather get which makes our group position a little irrelevant.

If Leverkusen win that might drop Atleti into the Europa. They would have to win to be safe I think. Certainly don’t want them dropping in.

The Man City group is pretty interesting. Atalanta in fourth could still end up in either competition or go out completely. Poor old Zenit let in one goal last night that dropped them from last 16 champions league to out of Europe altogether.

Here we go... another European disaster. At least we managed to get the third place. Not sure if 7 points will get us a seeded place.

Anyway we have Braga, Benfica, Wolves, Frankfurt and maybe even Atletico in europa league. Better change the name to Mendes stravaganza!

I think 7 points is going to be very tight. You need Leverkusen to lose and a draw in the Atalanta game while Manchester City win by my calculations.

I think 7 points is going to be very tight. You need Leverkusen to lose and a draw in the Atalanta game while Manchester City win by my calculations.

We need a draw or loss of both Leverkusen (against Juventus at home) and a draw or loss of Dínamo Zagreb against City also at home.

Dínamo is unlikely to win (that Dani Olmo though), but Juve is playing like crap.

Also Braga is likely taking the piss tomorrow in Slovakia. If Wolves take the game seriously, it's possible to get the seeded place.

Ajax dropping to Europa league with 10 points is insane. Happened to us a few years ago. It sucks.

We aren’t going to be putting a strong side out but Besiktas have nothing to play for. If we can get a win you never know, Slovan might do us a little favour.

If Leverkusen win that might drop Atleti into the Europa. They would have to win to be safe I think. Certainly don’t want them dropping in.

The Man City group is pretty interesting. Atalanta in fourth could still end up in either competition or go out completely. Poor old Zenit let in one goal last night that dropped them from last 16 champions league to out of Europe altogether.

Actually 2-0 or 3-0 loss to Zenit would be the same as long as Lyon didn't get that late equaliser against Leipzig.

Lyon was losing 0-2 at half time...it was a tough one for them.

If they did manage to score 1 goal, 3-1 would give them the third place and Benfica would be out.

Back