• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Website on my phone saying there is 116 left??

I would say they are being sold in blocks and once one has gone, the next released

If people are buying them for the points though they are going to be as annoyed as Jinky on the delivery of the Fosun top as it states uncollected tickets will not get loyalty points

What’s your view Theo? I know fans always think their team will win, but do you have a view on how good Torino are in comparison to us?

Hi there. To be honest, Torino fans rarely go to a match with such confidence. I would say that the majority of the fanbase would have gladly accepted a romanian or polish side instead of Wolves. The only thing I can say so far is that, contrary to Wolves, Torino hasnt brought in a single player so far and I dont know why. Maybe we're trying to pull a Tottenham and keep going for an entire season without a transfer, who knows. I dont really know how you guys play, but I guess finishing 7th in the PL is probably quite the accomplishment so you 're probably a tough team. In the last season Torino relied mostly in the defence and didnt play particularly spectacular football, but it was effective. Let's say that in an eventual Wolves-Torino game I m not expecting too many goals to be scored by any of the two teams. We will see if I m right.

Ciao

I am a Toro fan

very happy of facing your side
not very happy of facing it that early in the competition :)

When I have time, I will post you some info on how to get to Turin and to the stadium.

All the best in Armenia.

Hi there. To be honest, Torino fans rarely go to a match with such confidence. I would say that the majority of the fanbase would have gladly accepted a romanian or polish side instead of Wolves. The only thing I can say so far is that, contrary to Wolves, Torino hasnt brought in a single player so far and I dont know why. Maybe we're trying to pull a Tottenham and keep going for an entire season without a transfer, who knows. I dont really know how you guys play, but I guess finishing 7th in the PL is probably quite the accomplishment so you 're probably a tough team. In the last season Torino relied mostly in the defence and didnt play particularly spectacular football, but it was effective. Let's say that in an eventual Wolves-Torino game I m not expecting too many goals to be scored by any of the two teams. We will see if I m right.

well, we can say that we (Toro) will park our bus behind Sirigu and hope it will be enough

Yes, I would say that the typical Torino fan goes to a match thinking "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"
and, normally, they go really wrong.
but we don't care and stay strong.
That's our history
If you want, take a look at the story of the team, is certainly one of the unluckiest, and at the same time exciting, in the world.
(yes, I'm another Torino fan)

Yes, I would say that the typical Torino fan goes to a match thinking "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"

see this draw, come on!
which team would have we avoided? Wolves
Which team will we probably play against? Wolves

Randomly though I have always had what is a slightly more than a casual interest in Torino. My best mate from Corby, is a huge Juve fan as his mother's side are from Turin. He was always encouraging me to pick an Italian side. And when I was about 9 there was a random Torino shirt in the sports store, had a few kits and other Merch and will always watch them when they were on. Was gutted when they missed the europa as had been ahead of Milan most of the year.

Fate. Hello to all the Torino fans BTW.

I dont really know how you guys play, but I guess finishing 7th in the PL is probably quite the accomplishment so you 're probably a tough team.

We play 3-5-2 but it's a bit lopsided. Doherty at RWB attacks way more than Jonny at LWB, but he also doesn't stay wide very often and doesn't cross the ball, you're more likely to see him driving inside the box and linking with forwards than anything else.

Neves sits in front of the back three and plays from deep with Moutinho and Dendoncker ahead of him. None of these are especially attacking though Dendoncker does get into the penalty box a fair bit.

Jimenez and Jota are our current front two and work brilliantly together, obviously we now have Cutrone to fight for a spot too.

Boly and Bennett (though this may change to Vallejo) play at the back either side of our captain Coady, who is our sweeper, another great passer from the back and the heartbeat of our team.

Rui Patricio is our keeper and what a fantastic example he is. Already a very good keeper when we signed him but he actually seems to be improving with age.

We do tend to let the opposition have the ball a bit in nothing areas. But when the time is right to overload an opponent and press we do it, we get quite a lot of chances from stealing the ball in dangerous areas. It's a big part of Nuno's philosophy.

We don't tend to hammer teams very often but we also very rarely concede 3+ goals to anyone. Everything is built from the back and on solidity.

Not going to take up my seat for the Pyunik home game as it means another overnight stay & have already had to book one for the MU league game on the next Monday (courtesy of Sky!)

However if both us & Torino get through then the next round is much more enticing (would even look at the away game though this season may end up bankrupting me depending on how far we progress).

Welcome to the Torino fans

Welcome to all the Torino fans!

Just found out that I won't be able to get time off work for the away leg which is a huge disappointment but I'm absolutely buzzing for the game at Molineux (if we get past the Armenians)

This is the kind of tie I've been dreaming of since we qualified.

How many away fans will you bring?

Welcome to all the Torino fans!

Just found out that I won't be able to get time off work for the away leg which is a huge disappointment but I'm absolutely buzzing for the game at Molineux (if we get past the Armenians)

This is the kind of tie I've been dreaming of since we qualified.

How many away fans will you bring?

No idea. Apart from so-called organised groups, I am sure many will travel alone. I could not quantify, probably 5-600...

Fuck me

Mark the date

Paddy prediction accurate !

That's a toughy for either team. Good. Like it tough, we play better.

Torino sound like they could give us Huddersfield esque issues if we’ve not sorted out our “parking the bus” problems

Torino sound like they could give us Huddersfield esque issues if we’ve not sorted out our “parking the bus” problems

Depends really. If we go and score in Turin and avoid defeat, they simply can't play that way at Molineux.

Doubt they're going to try playing really defensively at home in the first leg.

Depends really. If we go and score in Turin and avoid defeat, they simply can't play that way at Molineux.

Doubt they're going to try playing really defensively at home in the first leg.

Is correct. Its why the away legs are important for us in this comp.0-0 at home and win or score draw away and its job done. Not quite the same should we reach the league stages. Lets get there first. A small matter of the trek to Armenia to negotiate before we can speculate about Torino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back