• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Anyway - Danish playoff is less than two hours away. Brondby (7.500 coefficient) are clear favourites against Randers (likely coefficient 5.190).

The winner will be seeded in the first qualifying round.

Randers winning 1-0 just after HT

By fine fine town I did of course mean a fucking hole.

I ran a little business there for a while. A Pet Shop that I purchased from Ray Parlour's auntie

If there's not a screenplay in this, I don't know what is.

Rapid Vienna 1-0 up against Sturm Graz at half time in the second leg. Knife edge stuff.

I think Sturm Graz have made it on away goals. Just doing some checking on that. If so, then the line up is complete.

Confirmed - Sturm Graz have made it. So as it stands we would be the 14th best side in the playoff round in terms of coefficient, and would therefore be unseeded.

We need someone above us to lose in rounds 1 or 2. Losing in round 3 is no good as the draw will have taken place, and the team that beats them will get the seeded place.

Can you list those teams we want to lose please Paddy?

I’m loving your commentary by the way, it’s really interesting!

Sure

Round 1:
Legia Warsaw
FC Steaua Bucharest
Malmo FF

Round 2:
AS Roma (yeah right...that's going to happen)
Gent
Eintracht Frankfurt
Espanyol
Partizan Belgrade

Sure

Round 1:
Legia Warsaw
FC Steaua Bucharest
Malmo FF

Round 2:
AS Roma (yeah right...that's going to happen)
Gent
Eintracht Frankfurt
Espanyol
Partizan Belgrade

Do the other teams ranked above us come in later than us?

All relative though as our first team beats 5 players of those comfortably over 2 legs.

Who are the other 6 likely to be?

They come in at third round so with they way they do the draw, if they lost then the side that beats them gets the seeding.

As a point of reference they are:

Sparta Prague
Braga
Feyenoord

Plus the two teams dropping out of Champions League preliminary qualification.

EDIT - read that bit wrong (bloody champions path vs league path)

As far as I can tell, you would have two of Basel (54.500), Olympiacos (44.000), PSV Eindhoven (37.000) and Viktoria Plzen (33.000) dropping in. All four have far superior coefficients to us.

Partizan are shite, they could lose to literally anybody.

They have done in previous years for certain. Probably our best hope.

Thanks Paddy, so if we get there when the draw happens there's likely to be half a dozen to avoid, some not ideal and some you'd happily take.

If we are unlucky and end up unseeded then for me the obvious must avoids are

AS Roma, PSV Eindhoven, Eintracht Frankfurt, Espanyol, and maybe Basel / Olympiacos depending on how that Champions League path went.

Back