• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

It would depend on Cardiff City's fixtures. I assume they MIGHT start in League Cup round 2 at the earliest so unless Cardiff Met go batshit mental and progress the stadium would be available bar friendlies.

More likely to play at somewhere like Merthyr I would imagine. Or maybe Newport. Both only a few miles away really.

Met will start in the Prem round before Q1. You will get great odds on them getting into Q1 so I doubt Cardiff games will matter

Pre-season friendly might mess it up, but Cardiff will probably be on tour somewhere. Lot of money to rent a 30k plus stadium.

Doubt they will get asked to pay other than staging costs. The Uni's have a good link up with Cardiff City (similar to ours with Wolves Uni)

Be good if their players get to play in a decent venue. Even if it is 99% empty

They could get Cliftonville which might be a crowd. Otherwise, it will be two men and a dog looking at the rest of the teams in Prelim Quali.

Anyway, there are now FIVE spots left to be filled and two where simply the order needs sorting

Third Quali

4th Ukraine - Zorya Luhansk or FC Mariupol

Second quali

5th Ukraine - the reverse of above. Gorica can't qualify now. Deciding game is played on 30th May
Austrian Playoffs (2 legs 30 May and 2 June) Sturm Graz v Rapid Vienna
Czech Republic playoffs (one off game 1 June) Banik Ostrava v Mlada Boleslav
Swedish Cup Final (30 May) BK Hacken v AFC Eskilsuna

First Quali
Danish Playoff (one off game 31 May) Brondby v Randers
Montenegrin Cup (30 May) Lovcen v Buducnost.

Does that explain why the North League of Wales teams no longer play in Wrexham (same country but Wrexham play in the English league)

So last year, Cefn Druids (based just outside Wrexham) played their 'home' match at TNS' Park Hall ground, which of course is in England!! Go figure!

So last year, Cefn Druids (based just outside Wrexham) played their 'home' match at TNS' Park Hall ground, which of course is in England!! Go figure!
Because TNS play there and therefore classed as Wales.
TNS had to fight with UEFA a few years ago and won because of the fact Oswestry used to be in Wales (well part of it).

Ooh mlada boleslav,about 35 mins from Prague on the train,not a bad town,town centre square has a lot of signs with a picture of a crawling person holding a bottle,sign says beware drunk people! Some sculptures in the square,and the skoda museum,worth a fiver of anyone's money,if you fancy old cars and engineering

Last edited:
The golf course is. Hardly any of the rest of the town!

Well if Baku can be in Europe, an English border town can be classed as Wales.

When Oswestry Town FC were a thing, they played in the Welsh League so I guess that helped (then TNS "merged" with them so, still Welsh)

Rapid Vienna 1 -2 Sturm Graz in the first leg of the playoff in Austria. This is good news for our seeding prospects as long as Sturm hold on.

BK Haacken have won the Swedish Cup so they join the party at the second qualifying round. They will be unseeded (coefficient 4.180).

EDIT - Mariupol humped Zorya Luhansk in Ukraine. Big turnaround

Mariupol are in to the third qualifying round (coefficient 7.780)

Zorya Luhansk join us in the second qualifying round (seeded - coefficient 11.500)

Montenegrin cup final is a 19.30 kickoff tonight so that will be another place filled.

Which will leave just three places outstanding. Danish playoffs, Czech playoffs, and Austrian playoffs.

Another thing - our coeffiecient on wiki is now 17.035 after last night. It will rise to 17.092 after the Champions League final I guess.

Paddington the Europa league anorak. Who'd have think it :hmmm:

Montenegrin cup final is a 19.30 kickoff tonight so that will be another place filled.

Which will leave just three places outstanding. Danish playoffs, Czech playoffs, and Austrian playoffs.

2-0 Buducnost after 65 mins who’ve already qualified seeded. I assume it goes to 4th in Montenegro (Titograd) but not 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless they have the old rule we had with losing finalists progressing. I guess we will find out in about 40 minutes.

Titograd are in as Andyger predicted.

Just the last couple of places to fill.

A rough approximation of me reading this thread

giphy.gif

Same here! But I am enjoying Paddy's updates!

A rough approximation of me reading this thread

giphy.gif

Simple really. We are in the Europa League and we will play some team outside of England in July and Paddy is getting his nerd on

Back