• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

A rough approximation of me reading this thread

giphy.gif

Yes!

Same here! But I am enjoying Paddy's updates!

Also yes! :)

Because TNS play there and therefore classed as Wales.
TNS had to fight with UEFA a few years ago and won because of the fact Oswestry used to be in Wales (well part of it).

To make matter worse, or UEFA seem even more mental...

Cefn Druids couldn't play their EL game at home last season because The Rock wasn't up to UEFA standards and so played at TNS. However TNS weren't allowed to play their CL game at home [TNS] because it didn't meet UEFA regs [CL requiring more 'suitable' seats than EL] despite the fact there was more than sufficient capacity to accomodate any expected crowd.
As a result TNS had to play away from home at a neutral venue and the closest available (Wrexham was already in use) UEFA approved venue was Cardiff. Cue virtually no paying fans and even though TNS gave free tickets to every man, dog, Academy player/parent there were only a handfull there.

I used to live by Cefn Druid's ground and played there a couple of times.

Cefn Mawr is a fine fine town...

New ground now innit.

Called The Rock but I don't think they got either Sean Connery or The Rock to open it, which is a shame.

The Welsh League isn't too bad a standard but the plastic pitches definitely produce artificial football. Coupled with the low attendances, every game seems like a friendly or training session.
Fine fine town means you're easily pleased.

New ground now innit.

Called The Rock but I don't think they got either Sean Connery or The Rock to open it, which is a shame.

Was just looking that. The old ground is now a Tesco! The entrance to the old stadium was via the Kwik Save car park. No longer play in Cefn.......boooo the Druids indeed (its on Rock Road so went mad with the Stadium name there)

Google grounds built into rock and there are several in places like Iceland, Croatia and Switzerland. The Braga one even nearly works as well. The Ancients 'Rock' doesn't have quite the same appeal.

By fine fine town I did of course mean a fucking hole.

I ran a little business there for a while. A Pet Shop that I purchased from Ray Parlour's auntie

From seller of tat to seller of cat so to speak?

The Welsh League isn't too bad a standard but the plastic pitches definitely produce artificial football. Coupled with the low attendances, every game seems like a friendly or training session.
Fine fine town means you're easily pleased.

The 3G/4G surfaces seem really hit and miss. In the Conference Sutton's is really good, Harrogate's is a shocker.

Fast, but then Pastor Maldonado is fast.

You'd better have sorted your licence out or I'll crack you round the earhole next time I see you.

Have I ever said that? Everyone knows I am an abominable driver!

Good with a driver maybe? (the shot you hit at the 3 Hammers on the 5th hole that landed inches from the flag....on the 9th)

Anyway - Danish playoff is less than two hours away. Brondby (7.500 coefficient) are clear favourites against Randers (likely coefficient 5.190).

The winner will be seeded in the first qualifying round.

Ive been in a car with Paddy. Never again.

Back