• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (A) build up

We have to accept that Edwards is our top scorer- he doesn't offer much else but whilst he is still scoring goals he will not be dropped.

Scored in one of our 12 games in 2017. As many as Hause, Doherty and Stearman.

We have to accept that Edwards is our top scorer- he doesn't offer much else but whilst he is still scoring goals he will not be dropped.

Not scored in the last 5 games, 2 goals in 12 games...Prolific

2 vs Barnsley DW?

Yep. Like I say, he's scored in one of our last 12 games. More than a quarter of a season and he's scored in one game.

He always, always, always scores in little bursts. When they end no managers ever have the nerve to drop him, so we're treated to him scoring 2 in 23 or whatever (while contributing absolutely nothing) until he starts again and we restart the cycle.

Cav could play some part tomorrow though not fully fit

Also hinted at a couple of changes as Ipswich are a very different side to Reading

Full of praise for Saiss and says Doherty has been below his best. Didn't say for how many years

Cavaleiro back in the squad tomorrow too, which is very good news, even if it'll likely only be a spot on the bench.

We've missed Cav so much IMO.

If he's full of praise for Saiss why the fuck hasn't he been playing him then?

Bound to be dropped tomorrow anyway, we'll have the amazing threesome of price, saville and edwards back

We've missed Cav so much IMO.

The results and drop off in goals since he's been out don't lie.

He's bang wrong on Doherty btw. This is his best.

If he's full of praise for Saiss why the fuck hasn't he been playing him then?

Bound to be dropped tomorrow anyway, we'll have the amazing threesome of price, saville and edwards back

This is part of my problem with Lambert - says one thing, but seems to do another when it comes to matchday.

Talked up the youngsters, but Bright & Gibbs-White back in the U23's tonight so clearly not involved tomorrow. Big's up Saiss - wouldn't be surprised to see him drop to the bench tomorrow. Gave Price a glowing report - gets dropped for the Reading game

Almost tempted to drive down and watch this tonight but don't think I am going to bother, will only lead to disappointment and £40 lighter in my wallet.

Not scored in the last 5 games, 2 goals in 12 games...Prolific

2 vs Barnsley DW?

The fact that Edwards is more 'prolific' than any of our so called Strikers speaks volumes for the mess we are in with our lack of ability to score goals.
Why Lambert couldn't get someone like Jordan Rhodes or Sam Winall in on loan to the end of the season I don't know.

This is what worries me the most and why we are in real danger of going down. Can only see another defeat tonight so we just have to beat the likes of Rotherham, Blackburn, Bristol City and Forest, as I don't see us winning any of the other games. I would dread going into the final game of the season at home to Preston needing a win to stay up as I don't think these players have got the bottle for such a nerve-jangling occasion.

Worrying times.

The fact that Edwards is more 'prolific' than any of our so called Strikers speaks volumes for the mess we are in with our lack of ability to score goals.
Why Lambert couldn't get someone like Jordan Rhodes or Sam Winall in on loan to the end of the season I don't know.

This is what worries me the most and why we are in real danger of going down. Can only see another defeat tonight so we just have to beat the likes of Rotherham, Blackburn, Bristol City and Forest, as I don't see us winning any of the other games. I would dread going into the final game of the season at home to Preston needing a win to stay up as I don't think these players have got the bottle for such a nerve-jangling occasion.

Worrying times.

Because they were too busy signing pernament deals with other clubs perhaps?

Because they were too busy signing pernament deals with other clubs perhaps?

The point is that there were strikers available but the only inward business we did was to buy Marshall and loan Weimann.

I may be wrong and it's only an assumption but there seemed to be little desire from Lambert and Thelwell for either a striker or CB in the Jan window, nor a GK.

As I've said before, they have taken a gamble on the club's future and I just hope it doesn't go wrong. We are currently right on the edge of the abyss and now need to find a way to scrape some points together, starting with tonight.

What a fiasco.

The point is that there were strikers available but the only inward business we did was to buy Marshall and loan Weimann.

I may be wrong and it's only an assumption but there seemed to be little desire from Lambert and Thelwell for either a striker or CB in the Jan window, nor a GK.

As I've said before, they have taken a gamble on the club's future and I just hope it doesn't go wrong. We are currently right on the edge of the abyss and now need to find a way to scrape some points together, starting with tonight.

What a fiasco.

[For accuracies sake Rhodes is on loan at Sheff Weds.]

I'd also wager any amount you like that if we did sign Winnall and particularly Rhodes neither of them would score many more than Bod Dicko or Mason if we persist in playing shit like Coady Saville and Edwards in midfield expecting them to create opportunities. I'm not sure on how Winnall moves but Rhodes would be more marooned than Dicko and Bod already are. Even if Rhodes did win knock downs he'd be knocking it down the same midfield who'd inevitably lose it because the only thing they're worse at than creating opportunities is controlling and passing a football to feet.

Unless we sign a striker capable of making something out of nothing then they won't score to any consistent level with the midfield we have.

What a fiasco.

Maybe we should all relax: the bookies say we're 8/1 to go down and, as my old mate Dean so accurately pointed out, "those boys are never wrong."

Joy upon joy,the clubs Instagram shows Doherty and Edwards shirts hanging up in the changing room.....time to get excited.

I know I'll get panned for this but surely like outfield players GK's need a run of games to show there best form. When Lonergan came in briefly yes he made some errors and he has short falls but he make some worldy saves as well. Can he be any worse then Ikeme???

Maybe we should all relax: the bookies say we're 8/1 to go down and, as my old mate Dean so accurately pointed out, "those boys are never wrong."
14's before the weekend. If they keep cutting by that % after every defeat we'll soon be odds on.

Back