• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (A) build up

Losing Williamson is a blow, though not convinced (as one of the older players in the squad) that he would have been ready for 2 games in 3 days anyway. Would prefer Stearman to deputise as think that there is less inclination to just boot the ball forward with him.

Lonergan isn't worth thinking about - Ikeme is suspect, but is still better

Ipswich haven't won at home for nearly two months, so we know what will happen...!

Ikeme

Iorfa. Batth. Hause. Saville

Price. Saiss

Costa. Bright. Marshall

Dicko

From what I've read Saville wasn't too bad at left back and Marshall did well on the left so keep them in. Bright and price in to try and get us to keep the ball.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an unchanged 11 though.

With the exception of the enforced change as Williamson is suspended ;)

With the exception of the enforced change as Williamson is suspended ;)

Ha, yeah I knew that which is why I put Batth in the team above but obviously forgot in the time it took me to write the rest of the post

-----------------------Ikeme--------------------

Iorfa---------Stearman------Hause--------Saville

---------------Price------------Saiss-----------------

------Costa-----------Enobakhare-------Marshall

-----------------------Dicko----------------------------

We made a start yesterday in ditching some absolute $#@! but it needs to go further, Coady and Edwards need to go. Ikeme would too if we had anything approaching an alternative.

2016/17: D 0-0 (H)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: L 0-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), W 4-2 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1995/6: D 2-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1993/4: D 1-1 (H, FAC), W 2-1 (A, FAC)

This is the team I'd like to see, chance's if this being the team though are 0

Ironic that we have been waiting over 12 months to get Williamson in the side and when we finally do, he plays well but then gets sent off and subsequently suspended. Typical of us!

Like others I was pleased with some of the changes yesterday, notably in defence, but perplexed by others like Saville at left back but given that yesterday was our best performance in a while (despite the result) it seems like tempting fate to make many changes plus the side is crying out for stability.

To replace Willo is a choice out of Batth and Stearman, hoof or error. I'll plump for error:

Ikeme

Iorfa
Stearman
Hause
Saville

Price
Saiss

Costa
Bright
Marshall

Dicko

As much as we so desperately need a win, we never seem to get one over on Mick and TC plus it's a shit Tuesday night in Ipswich who have improved of late whilst we are extremely shit so would accept a point PROVIDED we go on an beat that shower of shite Rotherham on Saturday

-----------------------Ikeme--------------------

---------------Price------------Saiss-----------------

------Costa-----------Enobakhare-------Marshall

-----------------------Dicko----------------------------

We made a start yesterday in ditching some absolute $#@! but it needs to go further, Coady and Edwards need to go. Ikeme would too if we had anything approaching an alternative.

2016/17: D 0-0 (H)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: L 0-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), W 4-2 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1995/6: D 2-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1993/4: D 1-1 (H, FAC), W 2-1 (A, FAC)

I'd be very happy with this. I would be equally happy with Evans instead of Price.

Does anyone know why Burgoyne was permitted to go out on emergency loan when we need him to take over from Ikeme?

Had some horrors at Barnet by the sounds so probably wasn't ready.

I'd go for:

-----------------------Ikeme

---------------Price------------Saiss

------Costa-----------Evans--------------Bod/Marshall

-----------------------Dicko

If Burgoyne is ever going to be good enough it's not any time soon. He gets bullied in his box.

Bright and MGW with the U23's tonight so they won't be starting, maybe not even travel.

Ikeme

Iorfa Stearman Hause Saville

Price Saiss

Costa JDB Marshall

Dicko

Had some horrors at Barnet by the sounds so probably wasn't ready.

I'd go for:

-----------------------Ikeme

---------------Price------------Saiss

------Costa-----------Evans--------------Bod/Marshall

-----------------------Dicko

This team for me. With Williamson to come straight back in on Saturday. Hopefully with Cav featuring if he comes through a week of training ok.

I wouldn't mind the use of Marshall in that Coady position linking Saiss to another footballer in central midfield we just might start creating passing options through the field.

Doherty > Saville > CBJ

He must hate life.

Doherty > Saville > CBJ

He must hate life.

He will probably be a full England international within three years and look back on this period as a character growth process.

I would go
Ikeme

Iorfa Stearman Hause CBJ

Price Saiss

Costa Wiemann Marshall

Dicko

Reluctantly!

Unless Edwards gets injured he will play every game till the end of the season. The last 4 managers/coaches have all rated him, why I don't know.

We have to accept that Edwards is our top scorer- he doesn't offer much else but whilst he is still scoring goals he will not be dropped.

Back