• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull (H) 3/4 Build-up thread

Well, the stream I was watching was about 30 minutes behind, but we were looking miles off the pace. Need to shake it up at half time

We are giving the ball away too easily, Cav in particular. The midfield two have no real control of the game and we're relying on the forwards creating to create something. As expected we're missing doc's runs down the right. Hull are defending quite well though.

Got quite scrappy after we scored really.

Feel for Miranda, Costa has absolutely killed him there. He's had a really good game otherwise, but silly pull after he got put in trouble.

We look a bit slow in midfield too, I'd be tempted to put MGW on soon-ish.

They are kicking Cav a lot but ref isn't having it. Happened in build up to penalty too annoyingly.

We look a bit disjointed going forward. Costa has been caught on his heels a few times and nothing is sticking to Jota.

We maybe need Bonatini to play off.

Miranda and Costa at fault for the pen, right angle so no need to pull him down put Costa played him into trouble.

Hull wasting time wherever they can, and to be fair to them they looked better when they were chasing.

Afobe is warming up aggressively and Gibbs white has taken instructions so maybe 2 changes at half-time

EDIT - think it's just afobe

Sloppy and lazy. Got the goal and thought it was won.
Constantly giving the ball away.
The goal was a joke

I don't think Jota as the focal point works.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Costa hooked at H/T and Afobe on

Bad goal to conceed terrible back pass and Miranda has reacted instinctively. Other than that Miranda has been superb. Since the goal we've been very flat needs a shake up at half time.

Would be harsh on Costa when he's probably had the best game of the three.

I'd be surprised if the intent was for Jota to play the full 90 regardless so he could well be off after 10-15 anyway

A few of us might have thought that Cardiff looked tired last night. On the passage of play I saw Wolves looked far more tired, and have a day less before Friday

Afobe on apparently - for Miranda - so assume Cav at RWB

Pretty positive sub. Not sure it's harsh on Miranda, more a change of tack from Nuno.

Rodders will not be happy about that, I'd imagine.

Still, that change should certainly give more impetus.

Fuck me Tommo is a right twat on commentary.

Back