• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Horses for The Festival

Just ask them on their online chat help section thingy.

Yeah, I get that, but the one I put up has no cash out on it due to it not being NRNB.[/QUOT

Ok, so if another horse drops out, presuming they are all ante post you will lose the bet. Either Faugheen was NRNB when you struck the bet or they voided it as a goodwill gesture

Yeah, I get that, but the one I put up has no cash out on it due to it not being NRNB.[/QUOT

Ok, so if another horse drops out, presuming they are all ante post you will lose the bet. Either Faugheen was NRNB when you struck the bet or they voided it as a goodwill gesture

It looks like they've void Faugheen as a good will gesture then.

Great Field one to keep an eye on. Entered in the Pipe, County and Coral Cup.

2/3 in France, bought by JP and sent to Mullins.

Is entered this weekend at Leopardstown.

Great Field one to keep an eye on. Entered in the Pipe, County and Coral Cup.

2/3 in France, bought by JP and sent to Mullins.

Is entered this weekend at Leopardstown.

Agree.

Disappointed not to see Renneti's name listed anywhere. Had him down in the little black book.

Each way acca's are going to be my main scheme of attack for this festival.

A few I fancy at solid prices:

Buveir D'Air (7/1) Supreme - Nothing has got near him to date and murmurings that Henderson thinks he's the better of the pair and very special indeed. Altior is a solid EW bet at 4's too.

Silver Concorde (25/1) Supreme - Is still a maiden over timber but is a good animal on good ground which he's not had this season. Weld gets them spot on if he sends them over and it sounds like he'll be on the boat.

Polly Peachum (7/1) Mares Hurdle - Either Annie Power or VVM won't run. She's a rock solid, consistent mare that came second last year. Not convinced that VVM is as good over hurdles as fences either. She gives them a lot of air.

Vibrato Valtat (12/1) Ryanair - I put him up at 20's on this thread earlier. One of the few who are definitely being targeted here. Is crying out for the step up in trip after some solid performances behind very good horses this season. I'd also have an interest in Gods Own at 33's.

Saphir du Rheu & Whisper (16/1) World Hurdle - Thistlecrack looks rock solid but these two are cracking animals on good ground. I don't think either of the Mullins mare's ahead of them in the betting will turn up, so their prices will contract further and they're both definitely going here. Martello Tower @ 33's also of interest and Kilcooley was very impressive when absolutely destroying a good field in the Yorkshire Hurdle. Not been seen since which is a concern, but he's supposedly being kept for this.

Fred Winter - Back everything Nicholls puts in. I've won nice EW pots with Ptiz Zig (22/1), Caid du Berlais (20/1) , Qualando (25/1), Bouvreuil (14/1), Katgary (8/1) and Keltus (25/1) in the past three years.

Road to Riches 20/1 (Gold Cup) - Obviously the threat here is he goes to the Ryanair, but with NRNB about, I'm willing to take that risk. They went an absolutely brutal pace LTO and considering that he did bloody well to finish where he did. On His Own for example finished an absolute mile back after staying with the pace and has come out and run very well since. R2R's performance in the Gold Cup was superb and he's a huge price if he turns up in the Gold Cup where the pace shouldn't be as fierce.

Gibralfaro 10/1 shot for the triumph runs in the Adonis tomorrow and he looks quite decent but will be interesting to see how good the Henderson and Nicholls horses are as they have both won this race with horses having their first run in this country in Soldatino and Zarkandar both who went on to win the triumph. Definitely a race to keep an eye on.

Zubayr cost an absolute fortune and was subject to a Mullins/Nicholls bidding war supposedly.

Apparently so Nando but STD is on Pilansberg and although Nicholls says there is nothing in it surely he gets the pick. Pilansberg's flat form is decent to say the least.

I've just seen that. Interesting!

This years juveniles are very hard to judge. Triumph looks wide open.

I've just seen that. Interesting!

This years juveniles are very hard to judge. Triumph looks wide open.

I think it is wide open too, i'm not sure why Ivanovich Gorbatov is still as short as he is after last time and his form before that isn't outstanding. Gibralfaro has the best form for me as he beat Connetable last time who beat Rayvin Black (won a fairly weak Kingwell next time but form still franked) and Peace and Co. I'd rather be backing Gibralfaro and Connetable that the fav but would like to see the 2 Nicholls and Henderson horse run tomorrow.

Oh hello Zubayr. That's some performance. Nicholls saying he needed a couple more weeks with him too.

Great Fields absolutely hacks up.

Paul Nicholls sounded very hopeful for Aux Ptits Soins in the World Hurdle on the Betfair preview tonight. Said he could be anything and i agree but would have liked him to have had a run, also said that Zubayr is at least on a par with what Zarkandar was when he won the triumph.

Back