• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If you have a ST, you plan your life/weekend/day around going to the football because you know you have that ticket

Fair play to those of you that have nothing else to do every other weekend then to go to the football

1st point is correct....the 2nd point is because of point 1, so an odd one to throw a jab at people (that is how it reads)

I'm sure 99% of STH's could have other things they could do on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/4am on Mars on a Thursday but because of your Point 1, point 2 is sorted. I would probably be missing games over the next few weeks because of life but Sky, BT, getting knocked out of the FA Cup and Europa has brilliantly freed that time up for me. I think the next time I sit on my seat at Molineux on a Saturday is March.

I dunno, ticket availability helps habit I reckon. Right now unless you're a season ticket holder you've got no chance of going,

Simply not true, I'm not a season ticket holder and have managed to make the 15 or so games I can fit round work for the past 5 or so years including last season and the one before and well on track for this season.

Most games make it down to members on quite lowish points before selling out.

Think they club obviously (having all the data who's buying tickets etc) realise this and conclude that theres no massive need for a big capacity increase.

Yep, our kid has been to loads of games this season and I think I've only had to help him out once. Not a STH and just a member.

Still loads left for the Leicester game in the temp stand and its already down to 160 points. Valentine's day in the rain at wolves, what more could people want?

I’m a member, if we hadn’t played on so many Sunday’s I think I would have been quite a few games this season. As it is I’ve been to about five or six.

"I really want tickets, it's not fair how the system is, we need a bigger ground to account for people like us"

"Actually there are generally tickets available and you could have had some for free, wasn't even a secret"

"Sorry, that doesn't fit into my busy schedule"

Fuck's sake, lads.

I've managed to attend every Europa League home game so far, not even a member. Seems a lot more infrequent for Premier League games to get down to general sale but that generally doesn't bother me as it's not often I'd be committing that much time to coming down to watch a game on a weekend, the Thursday nights generally fit in quite well with work visits back to West Mids and I can crash at my parents house for the night.

Sorry Mark but it's impossible, impossible I tell you.

There are circa 8k tickets available to non-STHs for each home game. At the start of the season, the loyalty points system gives credit to people who went to games in the previous season.

I can see why this is a vicious circle if you didn't go much the previous season (because you didn't have enough points), but there are ways to get your points up at the start of the season (most of which I did at the start of 18/19):

- go to cup games
- buy single tickets and sit apart from whoever you're going with
- slum it in the temporary stand a couple of times

This season, the European games have been a great opportunity to get points on the board. I joined my sister and nephew as members this pre-season and they've been able to get tickets for all the Europa League games.

I got lucky in terms of loyalty points because I went to a load of games in 17/18, which set me up nicely for 18/19 and I can now afford to miss a few games in 19/20 without risking not being able to get tickets for any home game I want to.

It has been tough financially though - buying tickets every time they go on sale just to make sure I get the loyalty points is tough.

In terms of a TPS scheme, that required a lump sum payment at the start of the season to buy the chance to go to 5 or 6 home games. That rewards people who can afford the lump sum over people who showed loyalty in the previous season - not sure I'd agree with that (it also restricts the number and choice of games you can go to).

It's tough financially for everyone. My season ticket isn't free. It's the thick end of £70 a month for half a year.

I just thought that was a poor post, a very odd dig at people who go to games. Sorry mate that my life is so empty that I have room for football, I'll do my best to improve.

Interesting read.

I travel with 4 other [kinda wish it was 4 so we weren't ALWAYS crammed into a car] STHs. We got them as half season in The Championship. We park by Chapel Ash (a fair walk for those who don't know it) and walk in. If we got closer I have no idea where we'd park other than at the ground and that just means you're stuck their after the game. We haven't bothered with pubs/town since probably midway through last season because they are all rammed and what's the point unless we turn up hours before and why would we do that, they are nothing special at all. So I'm not sure where that puts us the bothered about having a ground in middle of nowhere stakes? Feel like I wouldn't be fussed other than moaning we have to travel X amount further to get there and back?

Also had trouble getting rid of a free ticket a few times with family and friends. Usually close to the game so Jinky's sort of point stands. I don't bother asking on here for that reason (and getting the ticket to them etc). I think the novelty has already worn off for some really. We are also on TV more and there are still a lot of people out there who don't know what a stream is let alone how to find one, so now we are on Sky and BT more they can watch us, perhaps not as bothered by going?

It's tough financially for everyone. My season ticket isn't free. It's the thick end of £70 a month for half a year.

I just thought that was a poor post, a very odd dig at people who go to games. Sorry mate that my life is so empty that I have room for football, I'll do my best to improve.

Just to be clear, I wasn't endorsing any part of his post, especially not the bit about not having anything better to do with your life.

It's not my fault that you picked one line out of my (long) post and decided to get offended by it. You should read some of the stuff you post, ffs. What I wrote wasn't meant as a dig, just giving some clarity on what it's like from the other side of the fence. After all, I'm not in a position to comment on anyone else's position, just my own.

What stuff is this, lad?

Don't you be passive aggressive and expect a free ride. You've just done it again.

Interesting read.

I travel with 4 other [kinda wish it was 4 so we weren't ALWAYS crammed into a car] STHs. We got them as half season in The Championship. We park by Chapel Ash (a fair walk for those who don't know it) and walk in. If we got closer I have no idea where we'd park other than at the ground and that just means you're stuck their after the game. We haven't bothered with pubs/town since probably midway through last season because they are all rammed and what's the point unless we turn up hours before and why would we do that, they are nothing special at all. So I'm not sure where that puts us the bothered about having a ground in middle of nowhere stakes? Feel like I wouldn't be fussed other than moaning we have to travel X amount further to get there and back?

Also had trouble getting rid of a free ticket a few times with family and friends. Usually close to the game so Jinky's sort of point stands. I don't bother asking on here for that reason (and getting the ticket to them etc). I think the novelty has already worn off for some really. We are also on TV more and there are still a lot of people out there who don't know what a stream is let alone how to find one, so now we are on Sky and BT more they can watch us, perhaps not as bothered by going?

Ouh season ticket holder as of mid way through the championship season.

Crazy how loads of peoples finances and circumstances changed around that time! lol

It's not my fault that you picked one line out of my (long) post and decided to get offended by it. You should read some of the stuff you post, ffs. What I wrote wasn't meant as a dig, just giving some clarity on what it's like from the other side of the fence. After all, I'm not in a position to comment on anyone else's position, just my own.

It really didn't come across well, home boy.

What stuff is this, lad?

Don't you be passive aggressive and expect a free ride. You've just done it again.
You appear to be offended by part of my post that, perhaps I worded badly.

For clarity; I wasn't saying all ST holders have "nothing better to do with their weekends". I meant people's circumstances are different. Maybe you don't have young kids. Maybe you don't work weekends. Maybe you live close to the ground so it's simple to take a couple of hours out of a Saturday afternoon etc etc. No offence intended.

Certainly not "passive aggressive" - you know me better than that, ffs :icon_lol:

Crazy how loads of peoples finances and circumstances changed around that time! lol

That supposed to be a dig? This forum is a fucking joke. Naff off.

I was already going to every game, buying 2 tickets and offering the other out (or kindly asking my partner to go) just so I could go and not be a larry.

In that season, for me, Wolves suddenly became good value for money.

Back