• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

That reminds me of the cardboard league tables you used to get in Shoot! or Match, loved those things but always got bored after a few weeks.

Those have been going for many years - had that on the wall in 1965 & religiously rearraged it every week.

They weren't that robust though & doubt if any managed to get to the end of the season without falling apart or losing half a dozen teams

Also I know Villa were ultra-dicks in the Dr Weirdo/Bruce era and we all hate Grealish, but there's still no way I'd rank them as closer rivals than Blues. In relative terms we've barely played them in 30 years. And Blues are a horrible club on every level. Dreadful ground, scumbag fans, tinpot history, plenty of shithouse players down the years.

Quite. Blues would be #1 if I'd have been asked the question subjectively.

Objectively, it's obviously Albion at #1 and Blues at #2.

Looks like the Watford game has sold out already - a bit annoying.

That reminds me of the cardboard league tables you used to get in Shoot! or Match, loved those things but always got bored after a few weeks.
My version used to be supplied with my roy of the rovers comic. Remember barnet getting into the league and their colours were similar to ours. Likewise, never managed 2 months of updating, and that was when fixtures were much more standardised than today!
Also I know Villa were ultra-dicks in the Dr Weirdo/Bruce era and we all hate Grealish, but there's still no way I'd rank them as closer rivals than Blues. In relative terms we've barely played them in 30 years. And Blues are a horrible club on every level. Dreadful ground, scumbag fans, tinpot history, plenty of shithouse players down the years.

Quite. Blues would be #1 if I'd have been asked the question subjectively.

Objectively, it's obviously Albion at #1 and Blues at #2.
Objectively no. I can't fathom a way in which I despise WBA more than blues. Blues are the club I hate, mainly for the reasons DW has listed, and their fans I have met do tend to be right aresholes. WBA are a similar-ish sized club, with a similar-ish fanbase, from similar-ish beginnings. We actually have more in common than divides us. I can accept the banter, but the aggressive rivalry that seems to exist is odd. I've good friends who are WBA fans. I don't have a single friend who is a bluenose.

My feelings on villa have been made a number of times before.

Looks like the Watford game has sold out already - a bit annoying.

Spoke to a friend yesterday who wants to take his lad (5) to a game. I advised him the only chance he's realistically got is gonna be the carabao cup. That's how things are shaping up. Possibly the FA cup too, depending on the draw.

Spoke to a friend yesterday who wants to take his lad (5) to a game. I advised him the only chance he's realistically got is gonna be the carabao cup. That's how things are shaping up. Possibly the FA cup too, depending on the draw.
Assuming season tickets are still reserved he is welcome to my adult ticket and one of my kids tickets for Reading.

The Reading game is selling more that I thought it would. Somehow that might be a sell out.

Think it's deceptive - you can't buy any season ticket holder's seat (unless it's your own) until later this week. So while the available seats might be selling quickly enough, thousands of others are going to get dumped on the market soon, I don't think take up is going to be that high.

Yeah realised that after posting so got rid

Assuming season tickets are still reserved he is welcome to my adult ticket and one of my kids tickets for Reading.
I wouldn't rely on him to that extent mate. He'll dill-dally til the last minute then not go. Tried arranging all sorts of stuff with him over the years, and it is like pulling teeth.

Also, it really shouldn't be that difficult for him, as he works in the players & clubs favourite restaurant. They phone him regularly to ask him to stay open for groups of them (including Mendes!) so he should be able to sort something.

Is it the former home of Paul Gladon or is there another restuarant we need to start stalking now?

Objectively no. I can't fathom a way in which I despise WBA more than blues. Blues are the club I hate, mainly for the reasons DW has listed, and their fans I have met do tend to be right aresholes. WBA are a similar-ish sized club, with a similar-ish fanbase, from similar-ish beginnings. We actually have more in common than divides us. I can accept the banter, but the aggressive rivalry that seems to exist is odd. I've good friends who are WBA fans. I don't have a single friend who is a bluenose.

My feelings on villa have been made a number of times before.

I think you mean subjectively..

My number is available for the City game if anyone wants to go. PM me

Diabolical MGW starting for England U21s tonight. It's on BT.

Donck also starting for Belgium vs Scotland (on Sky).

Watched Scotland, Belgium destroyed them without trying. Donck didn’t have much to do, recycled possession and played safe. Hopefully didn’t have to exert himself too much.

How did MGW do in the U21s?

Belgium play Donck in a very defensive role. They basically ask him to sit in front of the defence. He doesnt many of his charging runs forward

The 18 year old they bought on at the end looked more than decent. Would expect the big clubs to be sniffing around him.

Back