• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Personally don't give a crap about any of them, except when we're playing against them, don't have a particular dislike or like of any other team, only care about Wolves

Chelsea fans must really hate Man Utd. They have them in 2nd and 5th place.

What is Newcastle's beef with Villa?

Norwich are an odd lot as well

Villa laughed at Newcastle when they relegated them at VP back in 2009.

Football fans are weird.

The Cov shout for us is laughable, we've played them in one season in the last 10 years, played them once through the whole 1990s as well, they're not even an afterthought.

Perhaps because of Froggy and trying to sign Bully?

Perhaps because of Froggy and trying to sign Bully?

How dare teams bid for our good players!

We could have offered Froggy a decent contract, we didn't as Sir Jack was in one of his "no funding" spells. He only signed a one year deal and was therefore vulnerable to being picked off (it was good money for him anyway). At least he signed it unlike Richards who walked for nowt.

How dare teams bid for our good players!

We could have offered Froggy a decent contract, we didn't as Sir Jack was in one of his "no funding" spells. He only signed a one year deal and was therefore vulnerable to being picked off (it was good money for him anyway). At least he signed it unlike Richards who walked for nowt.
Meh, only Coventry fan I have ever met is Alistair MacGowan (very minor name drop :) ), he was alright.

Can't imagine disliking anyone from Coventry, they have enough to deal with already.

What if I told you Lycan bought a half and half scarf before the Torino game?

It's not his fault, that ring road is enough to drive anyone insane.

It's not his fault, that ring road is enough to drive anyone insane.

My wife and youngest daughter are Coventry fans along with most of my in laws, all a decent bunch especially considering the shit they’ve been through the last 7 years.

Why don't Norwich like us? I have no feelings about them one way or the other.

That said, there's a Delia recipe currently in the oven.

Who got surveyed then, only people aged 60 and over?! :icon_lol: Bet if you asked a thousand random Wolves fans about that game, about 1% would have any idea (I wouldn't).

As for Norwich, dates back to Bellamy/Muscat which was over 20 years ago, in a mundane nothing mid-table game, and didn't even result in a serious injury. They're just odd and other than Ipswich have no-one else anywhere near them, so they have to make up rivalries.

Who got surveyed then, only people aged 60 and over?! :icon_lol: Bet if you asked a thousand random Wolves fans about that game, about 1% would have any idea (I wouldn't).

As for Norwich, dates back to Bellamy/Muscat which was over 20 years ago, in a mundane nothing mid-table game, and didn't even result in a serious injury. They're just odd and other than Ipswich have no-one else anywhere near them, so they have to make up rivalries.

Goes back further than that. Used to work with a Norwich ST holder and he reckons it came from a Wolves visit in the seventies when we ran them everywhere and trashed the city. Muscat just reinforced the dislike.

The thing is though they got relegated to the second tier in 1995. Now granted, there was no social media or forums then. But we played them for three seasons there in the mid 90s and there wasn't the hint of any needle at all. Then it kicks off after the game in November 1998.

Also if fans all started hating other teams based on fan behaviour in the 1970s, everyone would hate everyone for ever in more or less equal measure.

All the Norwich fans I know reckon it’s the muscat thing. I always figure that Muscat’s rep was well known and if you wind him up, you can’t moan when he boots you up in the air.

In summary - Bellamy was a prick and got what he was asking for.

It’s odd though, they all sing it but they’re nice as pie when we chat about football, they like our football, like our players, like Nuno... There’s no real rivalry there though, other than we’re in the same division and all their natural rivals are divisions below.

eff7044a8512424f22939621975592e5.jpg

That reminds me of the cardboard league tables you used to get in Shoot! or Match, loved those things but always got bored after a few weeks.

Also I know Villa were ultra-dicks in the Dr Weirdo/Bruce era and we all hate Grealish, but there's still no way I'd rank them as closer rivals than Blues. In relative terms we've barely played them in 30 years. And Blues are a horrible club on every level. Dreadful ground, scumbag fans, tinpot history, plenty of shithouse players down the years.

Back