• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Extra foil for your tin hat LJ?

Genuinely seem to recall that doing the rounds. If it wasn't the original reason, seem to recall reports of sponsors not being happy.

That said, as was proved saturday, you cannot rely on my memory!

I thought it was because players were displaying messages, some personal and some political, on t-shirts underneath their football shirts

Apparently not:

Clarification of Law 12: Yellow Card for removal of jersey said:
Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

Joy can be a real bastard, can't it?

Yeah, can't argue. Apparently all managers had been briefed.

£8k is the standard fine so fair enough for me.

Move on and it did no harm whatsoever apart from to Nuno's pocket. If anything it got us a bit of media sympathy.

Timmy getting his pants in a twist about on Twitter. Wants clarification from the FA as some managers get sent off and some don't (oddly includes Jose during a UEFA comp in his list of managers the FA haven't dealt with)

Tim needs to realise that the sending off made bugger all difference, and that the critique of the referee was for letting Klopp off rather than correctly (according to the dickheaded directive) punishing Nuno with dismissal. It's water under the bridge, no harm done, and frankly not worth wasting the typing fingers on.

and that the critique of the referee was for letting Klopp off

On the Klopp one he was clearly showing some common sense regarding the situation. Local Derby + Last second winner + Only ran to his player. Obviously the FA can't be having common sense used so he got his wrists slapped

I thought that it was because in some cultures around the world it is seen as offensive to remove your shirt and expose your body (similar to showing feet in other cultures), so FIFA did a blanket ban on removing shirts (even though base layers are worn in all conditions usually now).

I thought the ban came in after Diego Forlan couldn't get his shirt back on after scoring.

Back