• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Ta muchly.

Personally, I don't think there is a chance while Woodward is there. We are Nuno's project and he has a lot of control. Nice that he is getting recognised though, even if it is by a gimp like Crooks.

Always remember that vast swathes of people on Twitter can't actually read so you have to explain things very slowly to them. Apparently I said that Rui Patricio was no more than a Portuguese Andy Lonergan in the summer (this because I dared to say that actually people were going a bit OTT, he is not in the very top bracket of world keepers). He does kick like Lonners tbf which I didn't know at the time.

I don't generally like giving out arbitrary numbers but I'd go 8.5/10 so far. We've only had three bad performances out of 18 games, that's some pretty good going for a squad that has hardly any experience in this league.

How heightened are those bad performances at the time though. Christ, a few weeks ago I was starting to panic. :icon_lol:

I know not every one succumbs but the matchday/verdict threads are testament ha. Being a football fan ain't easeh.

It's been a pretty good season so far, the only properly worrying result of those (for me at least) was the Huddersfield one. Watford did a job on us and were the first team to work out how to beat us tactically, fair play and it was just a bad day at the office. Cardiff it felt like Nuno got his tactics wrong and we were bested by them at the set pieces. The only truly wretched performance was the Huddersfield game where everything went wrong and most of the team put in abysmal performances.

Considering we are in the top half, have taken 6 points against the top 6, and are just 2 points off 7th (which we can reasonably assume will net someone a Europa League place) I'd rate it at 8/10. Good stuff so far.

Although I thought we would win I think Huddersfield were very good on the day. I was more worried about the Cardiff performance in a game we should get something out of our tactics made it a coin toss.

My main gripe isn't that bad run, that's just how the league works for the non elite, but has been the outlay on Traore and Dendoncker and what that has yielded. A massively devisive player who many would already be happy to see sold, and then a player who I honestly can't recall if they have even had a league appearance and has regularly not made the bench. That's what 40 million in transfer fees and wages roughly?

Traore was 18m and Dendoncker 12m so that's £30m on the two. I've had my say on Traore many a time but the Dendoncker situation is curious. Started both games in the League Cup but has since made just one appearance off the bench v Chelsea.

TT has been saying for a while that he doesn't think Dendoncker was Nuno's signing and I'm starting to think along the same lines now. Apparently Donck wasn't match fit and possibly overweight when he first signed (need someone else to confirm) but post-Cardiff Nuno said that he was fit to play - how long he has been for nobody knows.

I'm expecting some rotation for the Winter period so hopefully we see some more of him soon.

Traore was 18m and Dendoncker 12m so that's £30m on the two. I've had my say on Traore many a time but the Dendoncker situation is curious. Started both games in the League Cup but has since made just one appearance off the bench v Chelsea.

TT has been saying for a while that he doesn't think Dendoncker was Nuno's signing and I'm starting to think along the same lines now. Apparently Donck wasn't match fit and possibly overweight when he first signed (need someone else to confirm) but post-Cardiff Nuno said that he was fit to play - how long he has been for nobody knows.

I'm expecting some rotation for the Winter period so hopefully we see some more of him soon.

But if he wasn't Nuno's signing whose signing was he? That's not a criticism of your post, just a simple question. And I find it hard to believe that a Belgian international would sign for a club without speaking to the manager and at least getting a feel for whether he was wanted or not. I find the whole situation puzzling...

He wasn't a Nuno signing or a Thelwell signing or a Mendes signing. He was a Wolves signing. This isn't like under Jackett where you had 3 or 4 people pulling in different directions.

With Dendoncker you just have to trust that Nuno knows what he's doing. Leander is extremely highly rated and tbh £12M seemed like a bit of a bargain to me in the summer.

Yeah it's the oddness of the situation that makes me confused. If he had played and been a bust I could get it. People seemed so keen on him being the most impressive signing we had made though when it originally happened. Did he actually play much during the world cup?

I think Dendoncker looks a decent player but the reaction with Nuno after the Chelsea match was telling.
Nuno was hugging most the players but there was an awkward "look away" handshake with Dendoncker.
Something, however trivial as obvisouly gone on between them.

I think Dendoncker looks a decent player but the reaction with Nuno after the Chelsea match was telling.
Nuno was hugging most the players but there was an awkward "look away" handshake with Dendoncker.
Something, however trivial as obvisouly gone on between them.
Nah, he gave him a really big hug and one of his big head pat's before he went on.

Definitely not like that after the match at all.
You can read too much in to that stuff sometimes. I sit behind the dugout and sometimes Nuno hugs etc and sometimes it's just a brief handshake.

I think it's those who say the Dendoncker situation is all perfectly normal that are finding things that aren't there. The 'lack of fitness' was a month after he came back from the World Cup. How unfit can a professional athlete get in a month? Once even Nuno says he is fit, it's then he needs to learn the formation, nearly 5 months in are people still saying that's what it is?

I've called it since September, but either Nuno didn't want him, doesn't like what he's got now he has, or the lad has personal issues we don't know about.

It’s been said he is ill has it not? Him and Hause

Back