• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/wolves-chiefs-hand-manager-nuno-11507261

Why the $#@! does anyone bother interviewing Charles Ross these days? He wants the club to send him info showing we're not breaching FFP? Why not read up about what FFP regulations actually are first?

His WM appearances are non existent at the moment but if we hit a bad run of form he’ll be straight back on there with the knee I was right attitude.
Looks like he still has an issue with Mendes as well.

His WM appearances are non existent at the moment but if we hit a bad run of form he’ll be straight back on there with the knee I was right attitude.
Looks like he still has an issue with Mendes as well.

So SLB is Charles Ross...

Damn your eyes Mendes for sending us Neves, Jota and Boly.

Is anyone under any illusion that if a much bigger club comes calling for one his players, we'll have to let them go? Don't think so. It'd happen anyway irrespective of who their agent happened to be. Is he loading our club with shite? Quite obviously no, other than the injured German Phil, we have a 100% hit rate on this summer's transfers (which is incredibly rare, anywhere). Is he taking money out of the club? No, he isn't even employed by us.

Charles is making himself look silly and as Langers says, interviewing him is worthless as he represents no-one or indeed anything sensible. He comes across as a dinosaur who hasn't bothered to research anything.

One more thing:

iconic-pose.png

Charles Ross, former editor of fanzine Load of Bull, said: “I watched my first game on Boxing Day in 1970 – Derek Dougan scored twice as we beat champions Everton here. It has largely been downhill since then.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here because I know how journalists like to paraphrase and indeed make stuff up. But this makes no sense. We won two League Cups and made a UEFA Cup final in the decade following this first hallowed game. How would that be downhill?

If your first ever game was the 1980 League Cup final then yes, pretty much everything would be downhill from there.

Probably just the Mirror being shitehawks (perish the thought) but again it's not a good look.

One more thing:

iconic-pose.png

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here because I know how journalists like to paraphrase and indeed make stuff up. But this makes no sense. We won two League Cups and made a UEFA Cup final in the decade following this first hallowed game. How would that be downhill?

If your first ever game was the 1980 League Cup final then yes, pretty much everything would be downhill from there.

Probably just the Mirror being shitehawks (perish the thought) but again it's not a good look.

I was just about to make that point, as well as the 4 FA Cup semi Finals and the top 6 finishes but, yeah. it was fucking shit to be about in the 70's :icon_lol:

I think Dan needs to secure an interview with old Charlie for his blog...

His views are alternative to say the least which is fair enough. But I’d ask what does he want and expect? A local owner with lots of home grown players throughout, romantic but highly unrealistic the way we are being run and the money we are spending is football of today.
This is the same man who heavily criticised fans for Questioning Jacket at the end of the 15/16 season.

I'm more interested in the unlimited funds and other deals in the pipeline comments than Mr Ross' hyperbole and uninformed speculation. As for the club releasing their financial calculations to him words fail me. As this seems unlikely I'll assume that a multi-billion pounds outfit know how to calculate FFP.

Although not part of his own quotes the answers to his FFP concerns are in the same article. Go up this season no issue, don't go up we sell someone and don't sign others.

If his concerns were this year is all or nothing with this group of players and that he sees that as a short term attitude which will leave us rebuilding again next Summer if we don't go up, then I'd have some sympathy for that. Banging on about FFP just makes himself look silly though and why after claiming he was quoted out of context by the Mail did he give another interview on the same thing? ALOB is dead it's not like he's obligated to, he's just another fan.

Look am I happy the way the transfer fees have rocketed not at all and don’t know anyone who does, you can either move with the times or stamp your feet and be nostalgic about how things were much better in the past.

Look am I happy the way the transfer fees have rocketed not at all and don’t know anyone who does, you can either move with the times or stamp your feet and be nostalgic about how things were much better in the past.

But not in the 70's (apparently)

1970-1974 were the best years I can remember. Nostalgia maybe, but from memory Wolves were one of the best teams in the country and in my opinion were only two players short of having a championship winning team.

I wonder if Ross did say the things he's quoted as saying. It sounds very arrogant of him to expect the club to explain to him, in detail, how they're abiding by the FFP regulations. It does strike me he doesn't really understand FFP to the level where he can be challenging anybody on it

It sounded to me like a rhetorical statement, not one he seriously expects an explanation for. That said, it still exposes his ignorance of FFP.

I think most of the information is there for him to work it out himself a la Deutsch.

I wonder if he's just being contrary to get himself heard

Prince started, got an assist, and played the full 90 in Congo's lame duck qualifier against Uganda. Drew 1 - 1.

Jota scores for Portugal U21s, just gone 2-0 up after half an hour vs Switzerland.

Back