• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

One last observation; of all the pictures they could have picked from a pretty large library, why the fuck have they chosen a picture of Graham Taylor at Molineux...but in Watford gear? There are tons of pictures of him as Wolves manager knocking around, I'm sure the Birmingham Mail have the rights to some of them.

BP296094.jpg

Am pretty annoyed with trying to use the Megastore on line. Living in Nantwich I can't get to visit the store in normal hours. Was looking at the on-line site ad I wanted to purchase a beanie hat cost £8-£10 from the store was intending to purchase one in time for next Wednesday. Went through the process to purchase one but found that to have it delivered to my home address would cost me £15!!!! so the total cost would be £23-25! . This is bloody ridiculous! :shake:

Am pretty annoyed with trying to use the Megastore on line. Living in Nantwich I can't get to visit the store in normal hours. Was looking at the on-line site ad I wanted to purchase a beanie hat cost £8-£10 from the store was intending to purchase one in time for next Wednesday. Went through the process to purchase one but found that to have it delivered to my home address would cost me £15!!!! so the total cost would be £23-25! . This is bloody ridiculous! :shake:

Wolves are a bit crafty on the online shop. On the postage it will auto set to Next Day Delivery. You need to select standard postage in the drop down menu

pnNTcZpJj

Wolves are a bit crafty on the online shop. On the postage it will auto set to Next Day Delivery. You need to select standard postage in the drop down menu

pnNTcZpJj

Yes I saw that screen but it said next day delivery £15 and standard delivery £8. That was when I last looked. Its still extortionate. I will check again.

£8? Do you live Australia?

Even allowing for some packaging costs and the 15 seconds to pack the item it shouldn't cost Wolves no more than £3.50 to send RM 2nd class (and that is being generous with packaging and time). I would drop Mr Darymple a message and basically ask what the fuck the commercial department are up to the robbing bastards.

Funnily enough I looked at buying a beanie and a badge the other day. It was £11 of stuff and £4 delivery so I said screw that.

Or, ask one of us who live nearby & can call in. We'd only charge you actual postage costs...

Interesting article on Chinese ownership of AC Milan:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/...a-soccer-acmilan-ownership.html?smid=tw-share

Out of all the newly owned Chinese clubs its probably only us who can feel comfortable.

Weeeell ...
Fosun, run by a professed “Warren Buffett of China,” made multibillion-dollar deals for Club Med, Cirque du Soleil and other brands. The company was recently forced to deny speculation that its chairman, Guo Guangchang, who was briefly held by officials in 2015 for unknown reasons, was in custody again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/23/business/china-economy-gray-rhinos.html?mcubz=3

As he was at a game publicly after that, I think we have very little to worry about

Fosun is under scrutiny from the Chinese government, but no more than any other Chinese multinational corporation at the moment. Li Yonghong, on the other hand, is tied up in a ridiculous number of bizarre dealings.

Apples and oranges, IMHO. Or, more accurately, lychees and kumquats.

I had to ring the ticket office to sort out my ticket for Sunderland the other day. I was on the phone for 17 minutes. Just checked my bill and that call cost me £7.35!!

Absolutely disgusting Wolves. Fleecing your own fans, who are simply trying to sort their tickets out, at 45p per minute.

The online system is good yes, but when it can't do what you need then you have to phone up to sort it out.

Don't know if anyone can answer this or not.have 3 members who have only been to away matches so far this season, therefore have no ticket cash. Is it still possible to claim three £5 tickets for Sunderland and pay cash instead. Doesn't seemto work on ticket website.

Unlikely. You have to have enough ticket cash for each member.

Don't know if anyone can answer this or not.have 3 members who have only been to away matches so far this season, therefore have no ticket cash. Is it still possible to claim three £5 tickets for Sunderland and pay cash instead. Doesn't seemto work on ticket website.

No there are 2 games each season you can do this, but can only pay with ticket cash to get the £5 offer

Fosun is under scrutiny from the Chinese government, but no more than any other Chinese multinational corporation at the moment. Li Yonghong, on the other hand, is tied up in a ridiculous number of bizarre dealings.

Apples and oranges, IMHO. Or, more accurately, lychees and kumquats.

'The climate has put a chill on big deal makers. Fosun has nearly stopped its frenetic deal making. HNA’s purchases have also slowed.

Both companies said their finances remain in good shape. “We maintain strict control over our financial risk and continue to improve our debt and cash flow,” Fosun said in a statement.'

Sounds like they've got a multibillion handle on the spending. Seems safe enough....

Ah, but do they understand the complexities and fiscal nuances of FFP???

Back