• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Meh, they're 5th generation fans now and they've got it easy.

It was stand on the SB for me when I was their age, mainly looking at people's backs or standing on the fences at the front.
40 yards away from the pitch for me. With the direct line of sight being a derelict piece of shit which I'm amazed didn't fall down on its own.

Kids these days don't know they're born..

Meh, they're 5th generation fans now and they've got it easy.

It was stand on the SB for me when I was their age, mainly looking at people's backs or standing on the fences at the front.

Haha, now we had it rough (ina Yorkshire accent) that was me in the 70's but in the NB, when I started going again with my boys in the 90's it was about 100m from the pitch, looking across at a burned-out Waterloo Rd stand with tumbleweed blowing across the NB to our right

40 yards away from the pitch for me. With the direct line of sight being a derelict piece of $#@! which I'm amazed didn't fall down on its own.

Kids these days don't know they're born..

Ah the old days on the South bank, pee running down the terrace, drunks who could hardly stand, cigarette haze, crowd surges, occasional police snatch squads. Certainly had more of an atmosphere though.

Yeah I really don't like this new queueing system just to purely access the site.
Not had the displeasure of using it during busy periods, but surely this method is better than the sure timing out during checkout?

Why would it time out and how long are people taking buying tickets? I think you used to get to keep the tickets for 15-20 mins in your basket, which is plenty of time.

Due to high volume of traffic, which is why, presumably, there's a queue to get on the site?

Ah the old days on the South bank, pee running down the terrace, drunks who could hardly stand, cigarette haze, crowd surges, occasional police snatch squads. Certainly had more of an atmosphere though.

I remember standing on the old south bank very well. Used to always have a spot about six steps back around 10 feet to the left of the goalpost. One night match against Barnsley I was very late getting there and had to stand at the very back, which was awesome as well, but I liked my spot.

I remember standing on the old south bank very well. Used to always have a spot about six steps back around 10 feet to the left of the goalpost. One night match against Barnsley I was very late getting there and had to stand at the very back, which was awesome as well, but I liked my spot.
That's very close to where we used to stand, but we were just to the right of the goal post. I'll never forget standing next to Sir Jack on the last day of the SB.

Halfway back in line with the left hand goalpost for us. Loved it there, fucking loved it. The only time we didn't stand there was the last home game of the '87/'88 season when we beat Hartlepool 2-0 to clinch the title. We had the whole of the South Bank and were towards the front at the John Ireland side. Felt weird being there but it was a fucking awesome day.

Lost my shoe coming out of the away section of the Arsenal fans end. I think Charlie Nicholas scored his first goal for Arsenal that day. I got over both fences of their end, was just getting over the second to get back in our section of the South bank, when one her Majesty's finest caught hold of one of my feet.I got pulled in the South bank by the Wolves fans, my mate who was with me, wasn't so lucky.
I slept in the toilets in a cup match, the night before we played Man Utd. The urinals were filthy and freezing. There were police dogs at 7.00am walking round the South bank. I remember watching the men putting the white lines on the pitch and will always remember the sunrise in the early morning. In the end, we were starving and decided to walk out the ground about 10.00am. We some how got to the Waterloo road stand, and were just going to walk out of the ground, when a man said to me and my cousin, " Come for your tickets have you?" We got 2 free tickets and went to the Wagon and horses and got very drunk and later went to see the match. I think Steve Coppel was playing. Those were the days...

Superb video. There really is something we can build on now. Exciting times hopefully.....

Superb video. There really is something we can build on now. Exciting times hopefully.....

Great Video. They had the Liverpool v Wolves match on in my gym this morning. Spanish people were coming up to me this morning patting me on the back and telling me how good our support is. I think I grew a foot, while I was in there.

Personally I thought the video was a little on the cheesy side, but it's fantastic that they're making the effort and simple things like that can really get the fans on side.

Personally I thought the video was a little on the cheesy side, but it's fantastic that they're making the effort and simple things like that can really get the fans on side.

Well better this than a video of all the defensive 'bloopers' we have made so far (could have been made just as easily) - costs little & does some good

Though the most important change for me is that we now seem to have the start of some sort of organised planning & the fact that players seem to have an idea of what they are supposed to be doing.

Zenga - charismatic, but really had no idea what was needed

Back