• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Bear hasn't done his uber fixture thread yet, so...

Wolves vs Chelsea | Sunday 25th August, 2pm - Moved due to Chelsea in Europe

Wolves vs Newcastle United | Sunday 15th September, 4.30pm | Sky Sports

Wolves vs Liverpool | Saturday 28th September, 5.30pm | Sky Sports
Good reminder. I'd completely forgotten. Will sort later or tomorrow.

The English/French/Spanish/Portuguese switching is so wild to me.

2023 Lemina I agree, 2024 Lemina struggled to warrant a place in the team. We don’t want a Max type scenario where the captain has to play regardless so I think Cunha could mature with it and cement a long term stay here like Neves did.

I mean that's just bonkers. Form dipped yes, struggled to warrant a place in the team? Miles off beam imo. He's turning 31, he's not regressing as a player for another year or so worst case. Kilman isn't a reasonable comparison

2023 Lemina I agree, 2024 Lemina struggled to warrant a place in the team. We don’t want a Max type scenario where the captain has to play regardless so I think Cunha could mature with it and cement a long term stay here like Neves did.

Mental.

He ran out of gas because they were ran into the ground and his performances dipped as a result. Especially a few times when he was played in different positions. As late as March against Fulham he was imperious though.

I'd throw Dawson into the mix, but his place next year in the team is more precarious. Lemina definitely not.

Does Cunha make it into the Brazil squad these days ? Never see him mentioned .

Does Cunha make it into the Brazil squad these days ? Never see him mentioned .
Didn't make the squad for the Copa America, which is outrageous really, given how good he is on and off the pitch. Great for us, though - as he's had a proper break.

For clarity, some of the other options they took ahead of him were Evanilson, Martinelli, Rodrygo, Raphinha, Vinicius etc...

Not seen it posted anywhere, so apologies of I've missed, but Danny Batth is back training at the club. Hopefully we don't find ourselves in a Johnny Evans/Man Utd situation down the line 😅

Not seen it posted anywhere, so apologies of I've missed, but Danny Batth is back training at the club. Hopefully we don't find ourselves in a Johnny Evans/Man Utd situation down the line 😅
Sign him for the U23's...

I like that clubs do this for ex-players. Need somewhere to train and they provide them the facilities to do so

Didn't make the squad for the Copa America, which is outrageous really, given how good he is on and off the pitch. Great for us, though - as he's had a proper break.

For clarity, some of the other options they took ahead of him were Evanilson, Martinelli, Rodrygo, Raphinha, Vinicius etc...
He was returning from injury when the squad was announced, so not quite so outrageous really. And as you say, it's has probably helped us, and him with his recovery tbh.

from the same SLT that brought you sacking a manager and giving it to Steve Davis we bring you selling your first choice centre half and signing Danny Batth.

thanking you

Back