• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Hopefully that includes throws, they’ve been shite for ever.
There's always an exception to the rule

de-wolf-port-vale-95.jpg

I'd like to see the step over played near the edge of the penalty area from a corner and for the player behind to wallop it in the net. Steve Stoutt was the last I saw do it perfectly... and then it got disallowed off memory.

I'd like to see the step over played near the edge of the penalty area from a corner and for the player behind to wallop it in the net. Steve Stoutt was the last I saw do it perfectly... and then it got disallowed off memory.
We tried that for about fucking 18 months with Thommo hitting it. Never worked, not once.

We tried that against Ipswich in the FA Cup replay, and a few more times around that time.

I conflated that memory as being how Thompson scored, Dan corrected me of course :ROFLMAO:

We had a corner routine with Scott Golbourne under Jackett which worked a few times if I recall correctly. Not sure how teams fell for it as it was the only time he took corners and it always meant we were going to the same well.

I'm also convinced that after Paul Cook scored straight from a corner (Brighton away, 1991ish?) he kept trying to do it afterwards.

Nope, not happening.

We loved a near post flick on off a corner when Sid Cowans signed. Was quite effective for a while too.

Baz Douglas is the best corner taker I've ever seen at Wolves. Lethal.

I'm also convinced that after Paul Cook scored straight from a corner (Brighton away, 1991ish?) he kept trying to do it afterwards.

Nope, not happening.
I suspect we've had this conversation before but I have a memory of Cook scoring at Molinuex direct from a corner.

Definitely Brighton away he did it (and Mike Small scoring against us!). Also featuring mulleted USA keeper from Italia 90 Tony Meola and Ray Wilkins' brother.

Is Bull off, Paskin on the biggest immediate downgrade in quality in Wolves sub history?!

I don't remember one at home but I could be mistaken. I bloody remember him trying.

Back