• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Scraping the barrel with D-Vass*! Yannick Sagbo and Grant Holt must have been busy.

Let's be kind and say that's a mixed bag in terms of how much I liked them at Wolves.

*Quick, very quick. Rapid.

Quite surprised Shrewsbury have given Burgoyne the green light to play. He's very much still a contracted player there. Back up keeper but I wouldn't be that impressed if say, Bentley broke his leg playing in some jolly affiliated to another club.

Prince Oniangue and former England striker "Rapid" Darius Vassell – who has spent his post-playing career coaching the future Old Gold attacking talents at Compton Park – complete the line-up of ten pros who will be aiming to claim the prize for Wolves.

Big John still clinging to the narrative that if only someone could unlock Adama's potential he'd be unstoppable.

Mate, if he hasn't learned the very basics by now then he's not going to, is he.

Big John still clinging to the narrative that if only someone could unlock Adama's potential he'd be unstoppable.

Mate, if he hasn't learned the very basics by now then he's not going to, is he.
I thought it was more critical of the player not really understanding how to play

I remember @Lycan saying to me after his debut at Leicester (he went, I watched it at home) that he'd never seen anything like it. Just permanently stood stock still waiting for the ball.

Not that much has changed. I won't miss Adama in the slightest, of the five seasons two were abysmal, one was average then we loaned him out in a very weird deal, one was alright and one was very good with a three month burst of truly excellent. It's not enough and the direction of travel is obvious.

There's been numerous players I've disliked more than him over the years including in the current squad. There's not one that's been more frustrating though. You can see it, but it's never going to happen. I've never seen a professional footballer at any level ball watch like he does

Only read the Ruddy parts as the rest is just noise, but his comments are interesting
Very interesting stuff. You can see why they were so good a few years ago.

I imagine every player that's ever played with Adama had said the same things about him.

If he can't figure out it by now there is no hope

Was at Forest away where we got Lodi (?) on a yellow card earlyish in the second half? Great, just go at him relentlessly now. He can't really tackle you.

Not once did he take him on after that. Plain baffling.

It baffles me how he lacks the basics. I don’t get how someone who has played football at one of the best academy’s world wide and then at the top end of the professional game for 15 years (or more) can look like he’s never played the sport before.

I don’t think I’ve seen him make a run from out to in, which someone like Walcott made a career off, in his entire time here.

Last edited:
In that three month purple patch I think the big difference as well was that he seemed to have worked out how to play in the “half-space” too and how he could be effective there. Really thought it had clicked. Sadly not.

In that three month purple patch I think the big difference as well was that he seemed to have worked out how to play in the “half-space” too and how he could be effective there. Really thought it had clicked. Sadly not.
It also coincided with Nuno trying to build a style around his strengths. I'm not going to go on another Jota whinge

It also coincided with Nuno trying to build a style around his strengths. I'm not going to go on another Jota whinge
I thought the 343 with Jota and Traore close to Raul which suited both was our best spell anyway tbf!

But now I’m thinking about how good we were at home to Liverpool (tbf which Neto started not Diogo) and I’m getting upset.

I thought the 343 with Jota and Traore close to Raul which suited both was our best spell anyway tbf!

But now I’m thinking about how good we were at home to Liverpool (tbf which Neto started not Diogo) and I’m getting upset.
I'll never challenge you guys with facts and real memories, but for me the 352 with Raul and Jota is the best side we've had since I was still using pencils at school. If we had someone other than Donck as the additional midfielder we'd have been bordering elite. That Wembley side without the result is the best team I think I've seen

Much like the Jarvis Stand up cross to Fletcher peeling off to the back post. We got a similar situation where Adama had a spell of getting that cross right at least once and Raul would head it in. Raul gets injured and that’s the end of that.

Just a very limited footballer, possibly the most limited I’ve ever seen, and he’s not even good at the quick bit anymore. We surely cannot be giving him a new deal.

Back