• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Don’t agree with the Collins/Kilman comparison. I don’t always agree with the (IMO OTT) Kilman view on here but I do agree he isn’t good enough long term. However I’ve never seen someone beaten in the channel so readily as Collins when both of them were in the team and also I’ve never seen someone trip over the ball so much for a “ball playing CB”, or any CB for that matter.

Can’t think of any aspect of defending where I think Collins is much better than Kilman but there’s plenty where I think he’s worse.

Maybe you think my FM story is rubbish but he played less than 20 games for relegated Burnley who predominantly played in a regressive way and about similar for Ireland, where was the sensible or encouraging parts to that move for you Tony?
Well, I'd seen him play and you'd never heard of him so I'll back my eyes over your Google skills

I have seen him play for Wolves now Tony, I ain't impressed.
But your argument was on why he was bought.

He was very highly rated at both Stoke and Burnley and he's only 20.

I'd seen him play and thought he was good enough and still think he will be

He's quicker, stronger and better in the air than Kilman but he makes far too many mistakes and his reading of the game isn't good yet.

I'm with Dan, he's massively disappointed but that may well be down to the people we had doing the coaching.

But your FM analogy was bollocks.

He's quicker, stronger and better in the air than Kilman but he makes far too many mistakes and his reading of the game isn't good yet.
Disagree with those completely. Might be alright when he gets going but his body shape is often all wrong meaning he gets beat easily. Kilman is actually quick accross the ground too. He’s certainly not stronger and if anything I find him quite timid in “duels” and I’d definitely say that increased since the sending off.

Also Collins isn’t that dominant in the air for his size, worse than Kilman. Kilman doesn’t get off the floor but uses his size and frame well to get the upper hand and actually has a decent win percentage.

Yes Collins is young so id expect most of those attributes to improve with age and experience. But the clumsiness of his body shape, footwork and use of the ball is something I always think will be an issue.

Worse than Kilman in the air, I’ve seen tortoises better in the air than Kilman. That goal last week was a fucking joke.

Or Jordan Graham doesn't refuse to play at RWB.

Whilst we all rightly laud Nuno for Doc's improvement in that bespoke role, he was clearly third choice at best.
LOL. Now there's a name ie of 'one for the future'. Completely forgotten about him after he had a few games looking half decent before he got injured. Thought I'd found him playing for Kettering as there's someone with the same name. No. Lo and behold he's played 48 games for Birmingham City and scored the grand total of zero goals.

Where he has mainly been used as a RWB. (Or was before this season)

Disagree with those completely. Might be alright when he gets going but his body shape is often all wrong meaning he gets beat easily. Kilman is actually quick accross the ground too. He’s certainly not stronger and if anything I find him quite timid in “duels” and I’d definitely say that increased since the sending off.

Also Collins isn’t that dominant in the air for his size, worse than Kilman. Kilman doesn’t get off the floor but uses his size and frame well to get the upper hand and actually has a decent win percentage.

Yes Collins is young so id expect most of those attributes to improve with age and experience. But the clumsiness of his body shape, footwork and use of the ball is something I always think will be an issue.
Watching a different player to me.

If I was to pick anything out about Kilman it's his lack of pace. He's really slow.

I really wanted Ben Marshall to succeed at RWB. I thought he had the talent but didn't have any kind of work ethic to be a pro footballer.

Worse than Kilman in the air, I’ve seen tortoises better in the air than Kilman. That goal last week was a fucking joke.
That wasn’t being bad in the air. That was being completely unaware of his surroundings and marking space rather than Welbeck.
Watching a different player to me.

If I was to pick anything out about Kilman it's his lack of pace. He's really slow.
But then Collins isn’t fast either? He’s certainly not breezing past Kilman in a foot race.

I really wanted Ben Marshall to succeed at RWB. I thought he had the talent but didn't have any kind of work ethic to be a pro footballer.
He also ran like the pitch was made of treacle.

3 times v City in the League Cup we broke with tons of space on his side...by the time he got to the ball City were back in shape and he couldn't run anymore.

I remember you were fond of him, or at least hoped he'd be good for us. I did too. I also thought the same of Adam Hamill though ha.

I remember you were fond of him, or at least hoped he'd be good for us. I did too. I also thought the same of Adam Hamill though ha.
Both had ability but not the professionalism / not being a dick to get the most out of their talent.

My Son is a friend of someone who sees Joao Moutinho on a regular basis, virtually every week.
Lopetegui went full on Alec Ferguson hair dryer following the Brighton defeat particularly at the defence.
Jose Sa is definitely leaving at the end of the season, his Wife/partner hates the climate over here and spends most of her time in Portugal with their kid and it’s affected his mental health.
Also spoke to Neves who is open to offers but is more than happy to stay here in nothing suits him, I know, stating the bleedin obvious.

10 years ago today according to my Facebook memories we sacked this clown.

I would have put it behind that spoiler thing we do, but didn’t know how to do that, so apologies for the big photo appearing on the feed .
IMG_0775.jpeg

Back