• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

One can play on the left and is 2 footed the other struggles to use his one. Did you watch the game yesterday? not being shitty, but if someone did I don't know how you could come up with that evaluation, it would take some effort to be as bad no matter how over the hill he is
Yeah I watched yesterday's game. Seen all games bar the Brighton game. Also seen all jonnys games this calendar year. Both are past it imo, & as I said, I have been a huge fan of jonny in all his time here.
Jonny of 2+ years ago, there's no argument.
The current jonny is too slow since his injuries sadly.
I think people remember the jonny we used to have & think the guy in the squad is the same player. He ain't. Same as we all wanted Raul to be back to what he was capable of.

I trust O'Neil's judgment considerably more than yours. He obviously thought Doc was a better bet than either a broken Johnny or a not quite fit enough Bueno.
I bet many on here have watched Doherty many more times than GO and his performance last night, though disappointing, came as a surprise to nobody. Sometimes if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd the best option is to avoid treading in it. Hopefully GO is a quick
learner.

Yeah I watched yesterday's game. Seen all games bar the Brighton game. Also seen all jonnys games this calendar year. Both are past it imo, & as I said, I have been a huge fan of jonny in all his time here.
Jonny of 2+ years ago, there's no argument.
The current jonny is too slow since his injuries sadly.
I think people remember the jonny we used to have & think the guy in the squad is the same player. He ain't. Same as we all wanted Raul to be back to what he was capable of.
He is still a billion times a better option than Doherty. Admit you typed crap and own it. It’s liberating.

I don't disagree with the majority of this post, but you still haven't told me the who or the why. Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't think anyone is that interested in Wolves to come up with this masterplan.
So a dead body is found with multiple gunshot wounds, a murder enquiry is opened, people in the area report hearing gunshots, screaming and a cars tyres squealing away from the scene...

Evidence is collected including bullet shells and muddy footprints. CCTV reveals the crime committed by masked men in a car on fake plates.

Years later the perpetrators are yet to be bought to justice.

Just because we don't know whodunnit, doesn't mean no one did.

So a dead body is found with multiple gunshot wounds, a murder enquiry is opened, people in the area report hearing gunshots, screaming and a cars tyres squealing away from the scene...

Evidence is collected including bullet shells and muddy footprints. CCTV reveals the crime committed by masked men in a car on fake plates.

That’s a really accurate comparison. Fairs.

I prefer the Jurassic Park analogy.

Just because no one thought dinosaurs could breed in the wild, doesn't mean they aren't.

For the avoidance of doubt, this doesn't mean I believe conspiracy theories but rather there might be many reasons why we're seeing what we're seeing. Unconscious bias, conscious bias because we dared to question, someone doesn't like wolverhampton, we've been incredibly unlucky, etc etc

Just because no one thought dinosaurs could breed in the wild, doesn't mean they aren't.

For the avoidance of doubt, this doesn't mean I believe conspiracy theories but rather there might be many reasons why we're seeing what we're seeing. Unconscious bias, conscious bias because we dared to question, someone doesn't like wolverhampton, we've been incredibly unlucky, etc etc
I just feel it can’t be a conspiracy, simply because, well, in the nicest possible way, we’re largely irrelevant to the footballing landscape. There are lots of teams like us, similar size, fan base etc. I just struggle to see what would be to gain from fucking over wolves?

I just feel it can’t be a conspiracy, simply because, well, in the nicest possible way, we’re largely irrelevant to the footballing landscape. There are lots of teams like us, similar size, fan base etc. I just struggle to see what would be to gain from fucking over wolves?
At worst, it’s because we hurt their widdle feelings.

Well you are clearly open to believing them

No idea to be honest, as I said I'm not on the conspiracy theory train, but if I had to guess (not believe!) at things

- Maybe they took umbrage at being questioned by us
- Maybe they just don't like wolverhampton
- Maybe there is a personal vendetta somewhere
- Maybe there are geo-politics at play between (although all the big players seem to get on)
- Maybe they don't like some of things GoN said about VAR / officials when he was at b'mouth
- Maybe PGMOL are trying to (or have been asked) engineer a more competitive league and view us as a team who will be comfortable so can give points away and because we're relative no marks there won't be much of a fuss made

The thing about it being official incompetence that I question is that it all seems to be in one direction. This might well be my own bias and relatively small sample size of games I watch, but the media does seem to be reflecting that we're a little hard done by of late.

No idea to be honest, as I said I'm not on the conspiracy theory train, but if I had to guess (not believe!) at things

- Maybe they took umbrage at being questioned by us
- Maybe they just don't like wolverhampton
- Maybe there is a personal vendetta somewhere
- Maybe there are geo-politics at play between (although all the big players seem to get on)
- Maybe they don't like some of things GoN said about VAR / officials when he was at b'mouth
- Maybe PGMOL are trying to (or have been asked) engineer a more competitive league and view us as a team who will be comfortable so can give points away and because we're relative no marks there won't be much of a fuss made

The thing about it being official incompetence that I question is that it all seems to be in one direction. This might well be my own bias and relatively small sample size of games I watch, but the media does seem to be reflecting that we're a little hard done by of late.
Yeah I get you’re not saying it is a conspiracy. And are just putting forward why it might be. If I was a betting man, and put it down to some appaling officiating and some rotten luck. Happy to be proven wrong if I am

Well you are clearly open to believing them
I guess you're right. To expand on this we've seen bias from officials towards big clubs before so it does happen. #FergieTime

But quite why they'd have bias against us I don't know

Yeah I get you’re not saying it is a conspiracy. And are just putting forward why it might be. If I was a betting man, and put it down to some appaling officiating and some rotten luck. Happy to be proven wrong if I am
Guaranteed we get a dodgy decision in our favour when we're already 0-4 down against Arsenal.

Back