• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I can't believe I am saying/writing this, as I loved Jonny for years, but I am not convinced that he is a better option than doherty at the moment. Both are past their prime.

Neither are a valid long term option, but on a temporary basis, there isn't a lot between them.

I can't believe I am saying/writing this, as I loved Jonny for years, but I am not convinced that he is a better option than doherty at the moment. Both are past their prime.

Neither are a valid long term option, but on a temporary basis, there isn't a lot between them.
One can play on the left and is 2 footed the other struggles to use his one. Did you watch the game yesterday? not being shitty, but if someone did I don't know how you could come up with that evaluation, it would take some effort to be as bad no matter how over the hill he is

Last edited:

I'm the same, loved Jonny but it seems he has had it. Still think he'd be better than Doc, no slower or less athletic and actually has a footballing brain and doesn't have the first touch of a small Rhino.

If Sarabia is on the bench Doherty and Jonny shouldn’t even be considered for that position.

The competition to find something better than Doc is now in full swing

I choose current day Kevin Ashley as my weapon of choice

Tbf I'd fancy my own chances in my 'prime' to be no worse. Let me be clear I was possibly the worst LB/LW/LM the world has ever seen.

Think @Lycan has Jérémy Hélan lined up, he loved him so much

I put forward Darren Simkin's 4th year schoolboy moustache

It may have been just a bad decision by the manager 🤷

Same as he did by bringing Doyle on instead of Sarabia.
I trust O'Neil's judgment considerably more than yours. He obviously thought Doc was a better bet than either a broken Johnny or a not quite fit enough Bueno.

It's just a bad call, like it was a bad call to bring him on wide right in a 4-4-2 against Liverpool and it contributed heavily towards us losing the game. Ultimately if he keeps being awful off the bench (he clearly is not in contention to start league games on merit, only if someone is injured or banned) then he won't get any minutes at all. We would/will get stuck with him though as no-one is matching his wages for what he brings now.

I think O'Neil fell for the goal threat line with Doc. And maybe throw in a bit of experienced player will do a job. Hopefully doesn't again

I’d go as far as Mike Ashley

Back