• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

France here we come and other 2015/16 Pre-Season Stuff

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 1 min1 minute ago

71' Great save from McCarey. James Collins' point-blank effort is smothered by the 'keeper and Wolves clear.

First thing he's done all game apparently.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 28 secs28 seconds ago

83' Ryan Woods tries his luck from all of 30-yards. His searing effort crashes back off the Wolves crossbar and clear.

Gloucester have had a goal ruled offside. U21s still winning 2-1.

Gloucester City AFC ‏@GCAFCofficial 48 secs49 seconds ago

FULL TIME: Gloucester City 1-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 24 secs24 seconds ago

F/T Shrewsbury Town 1-1 Wolves: Scores level at Greenuous Meadow. Nouha Dicko and Tyrone Barnett with headed goals for either side.

Henry and Graham played wide in the 2nd half today. And both performed very well..

What did you think overall Quirk? KJ seemed a bit pissed off in his post match interview.

What did you think overall Quirk? KJ seemed a bit pissed off in his post match interview.

First half was awful and was a near full strength squad. A lot of lethargic football, not a lot of decent passing and movement. It wasn't till the second half till we looked half decent. The youngsters shown up the regulars for passion (Yes its a friendly I know) passing, attacking. Jordan Graham was very good as well as James Henry. Dave Edwards nearly scored a worldy over head kick (I use the term loosely).

Furthermore. I absolutely hate this new formation. VLP playing tight in was about as effective as a scorpion sitting next to Bear Grylls. Afobe dropping as deep as the halfway line, he's not a playmaker and Dicko spend most of the half on the left. McDonald did his best to effect the play but nobody wanted to make any kind of runs in behind..

Furthermore. I absolutely hate this new formation. VLP playing tight in was about as effective as a scorpion sitting next to Bear Grylls. Afobe dropping as deep as the halfway line, he's not a playmaker and Dicko spend most of the half on the left. McDonald did his best to effect the play but nobody wanted to make any kind of runs in behind..

It doesn't seem to be working at all! People are talking abut how we suddenly have no wingers after only one meaningful player (Sako) has left us right now...this narrow way of playing is experimental but from everything I've heard (I haven't yet seen Wolves in action) it isn't working

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 16 mins16 minutes ago

TICKETS | Sir Jack Hayward Stand is sold out for tomorrow night. Sales approaching 16,000.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 16 mins16 minutes ago

Please ensure you leave enough time to arrive at the ground and get to seat. Remember to can buy on-line and print@home, adults £10.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 2h2 hours ago

No family tickets available. £10 adult, £8 concession and £5 Under 12.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 2h2 hours ago

Confirmation that Wolves fans can 'pay on the day' at the turnstiles of block 7 and 8 – Billy Wright Upper tomorrow night.

I've seen all three of Shrewsbury Town's home friendlies against Cardiff, Blues and Wolves. Given last season, you would think that if we were measuring ourselves, we would want to look comfortably better than the other two.
However, despite playing a stronger side (and very distinct first and second string), we looked decidedly "average" and gave very little cause for optimism.

Shrewsbury are no pushover, but they fielded very mixed teams in all three friendlies and whilst the Cardiff game was entertaining both Blues [don't be fooled by two fortunate goals] and ourselves looked very "meh". The way we looked uncomfortable and easy to play against in the 'new' system made me think a 1-1 draw and Hoddlesque apathism could be the norm this season.

P.S. I'm not comparing the system to a Hoddle one, simply the end result and entertainment.

Finally, I think we released the wrong academy player seven or eight years ago and Goldson is one we let slip away. Expect to see him comfortably playing Championship football soon and looks the 'leader' we need.

Hardly seems like the wrong decision to let go of a player who has taken 7/8 years to look good at League One level

You can pay £6 for a day pass and watch tonights game on Villa TV.

I wonder if that means they'll be a river to sail on....?

Here's quite a few 'rivers' for tonight by the way

Back