• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest (H) build up 11/12

I'm buzzing for this personally. Can't stand Forest though so that's half the reason.

2-0 Afobe brace and another 2 assissts for Jordan Graham and his magic hat.

already have Xmas do planned for friday - damn bloody sky....again !

Of the current Championship teams Wolves, Forest, Derby, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday will always be selected more than anymore else due to the size of their fan bases

The performances and style are fairly consistent so don't expect a new 'dynamic' to suddenly emerge. We don't have a 'Sako' who'll produce five minutes of football that justifies the gate fee alone. We're nice and mid table. Slow and methodical, clumsy and disjointed. It's all whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa then Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Will be chuffed with a 1-0 and can't see Forest putting on a scintillating show. An hyperthermia prevention exercise beckons. Must be mad. ............

We should have a chance of 3 points but I am not optimistic, we're too negative and poor at the back. With Williamson recall and the injuries oh and selling last seasons poty we look pretty porous at the back. Also I don't think there is apathy people do care, we get decent gates, but KJ is stubbornly sticking to his guns although an idiot can see that it needs to change especially at home.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Apathy? One thing I do notice now is that I simply can't be bothered listening to - or reading - Kenny Jackett interviews. No point at all.

What are our footballing principles?

They would seemingly not involve "getting the ball down on the floor creating good moves, paying constructive and attacking football that creates us chances" as KJ alludes to.

They would seemingly not involve "getting the ball down on the floor creating good moves, paying constructive and attacking football that creates us chances" as KJ alludes to.

Thats the issue, does Kenny Jackett honestly believe Wolves play football in an attacking sense with good moves which create good chances.

What most of us take issue with Kenny over is we think we limit our game plan by not playing through the thirds and by not having enough targets forward of the ball.
Basically not brave enough with the team selection or brave enough with the mentality to play on the front foot in numbers.
Its the same old story every week though and we end up just going round in circles discussing the same points.

I've certainly not seen much of that this season. Hull and the first half vs QPR maybe.

The thing I was really frustrated by at Rotherham was that every time Price & McDonald got their foot on the ball our passing was fast, crisp and had Rotherham chasing shadows. The problem was that we didn't use them enough. Batth & EEL in particular were launching the ball into touch under no pressure whatsoever and there's absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever with the midfielders they had in front of them. The easy ball into Price's feet is ALWAYS on.

Apart from Johnson/Thorne/Butterfield, Clayton/Leadbitter, Kayal/Stephens & Livermore/Huddlestone I don't think there's a better ball playing midfield partnership in the league. We should be breezing into games like Ipswich, MK Dons and Rotherham with 60% possession + and a host of chances created. The problem is that they're not getting the ball fed into them from the back line and that when they have been able to move it forwards into feet Ojo/Edwards/Henry/Afobe have been losing the ball high up the pitch. It was slightly better vs Millers as Jordan Graham is clearly very comfortable on the ball and was an easy out ball for them but even then we just ended up so one sided. Rotherham got closer to Graham in the second half and controlled the game until Benik came on.

It's telling imo how the apathy is kicking in.
Kick off is 2 days away, and we've half a page of thoughts.

Matchday and build up threads are starting to become the same thing.
Verdict threads are much shorter.

The malaise for me is hugely concerning.

My concerns, exactly.

Apathy and negativity have been brought about by the low level of current expectation.

I'd be very wary of judging levels of apathy by how long a thread on a semi-obscure message board is. The FA Cup Third Round one is getting close to four pages, does that mean we all think we're on our way to Wembley?

There was much talk three years ago about creating a Wolves identity so that each player at every level would know his role. My question is " should the fans be consulted when the Wolves way is considered?

If the fans wished for 4-4-2 with two wingers and two strikers should the board seek out one of the better coaches of that system. For me there can be no excuse for not trying to play entertaining attacking football at home.

Nothing wrong with 4-2-3-1 played properly. We do not. Not this season anyway.

I've certainly not seen much of that this season. Hull and the first half vs QPR maybe.

The thing I was really frustrated by at Rotherham was that every time Price & McDonald got their foot on the ball our passing was fast, crisp and had Rotherham chasing shadows. The problem was that we didn't use them enough. Batth & EEL in particular were launching the ball into touch under no pressure whatsoever and there's absolutely no excuse for it whatsoever with the midfielders they had in front of them. The easy ball into Price's feet is ALWAYS on.

Apart from Johnson/Thorne/Butterfield, Clayton/Leadbitter, Kayal/Stephens & Livermore/Huddlestone I don't think there's a better ball playing midfield partnership in the league. We should be breezing into games like Ipswich, MK Dons and Rotherham with 60% possession + and a host of chances created. The problem is that they're not getting the ball fed into them from the back line and that when they have been able to move it forwards into feet Ojo/Edwards/Henry/Afobe have been losing the ball high up the pitch. It was slightly better vs Millers as Jordan Graham is clearly very comfortable on the ball and was an easy out ball for them but even then we just ended up so one sided. Rotherham got closer to Graham in the second half and controlled the game until Benik came on.

Top post Lycan. We keep trying to replace Price when the problem to replace is actually the manager. The playing staff are pretty good and when you let them do what they're good at they do it very well.

Easy change for me.

I also think we have the players to be in the top six.

As well as K-Mac and Price, Afobe and ALF would be the first-choice partnership for most, if not all, teams in this league, while Iorfa is one of the best right-backs at this level. Not to mention the likes of Henry and Batth who can both be very effective on their day.

The blame has to lie at the manager's feet.

I used to admire him for his common sense and reasonably straight talking. He rambles an awful lot now.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/kenny-a-big-period-2844005.aspx

I mean that's just a lot of words to not really say anything. With some added rubbish trying (and failing) to justify why we signed Fatty McFat to do nothing.

Very much this. I got very fed up early last season with the charades, and knowing that he was bullshitting the press.
It got to the stage where I felt it was counter productive. At first, there were reasons for it (how to discreetly deal with the so-called "bomb squad" for example). However now there is much less need, and imo his numerous blatant half (& less) truths have reflected poorly on the club.

There's playing your cards close to your chest, and there is bullshitting.

Yes. I think Price has actually upped his game a bit this season - his passing to me is better, and more cutting. I've been impressed with some of his forward balls. I was a big fan before, so the man crush is just elevating.

Tactical decisions and team selection is where we're falling down this season.

Back