• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Some fantastic prospects there - at least the 7/8 DMs you have will generate you some good income!

No doubt. I was trying to build up a stable of CM's but the game seems hell bent on creating a large number of awesome DM's. There's not a single really good LB/LWB in the entire game, which is pretty aggravating, but on the other hand I own the two best RB/RWB's.

Going for five titles in a row and lost out to United on the final day of the season on goal difference. Drew 0-0 with them on the final day!

Champions League victory still eludes me, but we've started the next season on fire. But so have United, they've only dropped points once all season, against us.

I've also taken up the challenge of resurrecting Real Madrid as they're currently in the relegation zone, so that will be a game that interests me when I finally bore of this Wolves save. I've finally got my squad exactly where I want it, so there are no excuses now.

Hate to say it but...your team looks like Police wanted posters of a rape gang...but they can at least play cyber footy

I take it no one's playing FM anymore? :icon_lol: Had to dig like 7 pages.

Took a few months off and am getting back into my save. Very annoyed with my squad. 99 points before the last game of the season vs Derby (bottom feeder). Lay an egg, no attacking power, give up a goal last minute... ugh. Wanted to break that triple digit barrier.

I take it no one's playing FM anymore? :icon_lol: Had to dig like 7 pages.

Took a few months off and am getting back into my save. Very annoyed with my squad. 99 points before the last game of the season vs Derby (bottom feeder). Lay an egg, no attacking power, give up a goal last minute... ugh. Wanted to break that triple digit barrier.

I play :)

Got a Wolves save, 5 or 6 seasons in now. Won Premiership twice and Champions League once, just trying to filter players through from the youth squad now.

I've played a lot over the summer, now in 2025. Cut it out recently though.

It gets to a certain point and then runs really slow on my laptop :( so I get a bit bored after a while.

I had that problem in FM 12 with a lot of leagues loaded. I've since gotten an SSD which I think helps the load times significantly. I've also been cheating and using FM Scout so I don't have to dig through a 70,000 player database all summer

I had that problem in FM 12 with a lot of leagues loaded. I've since gotten an SSD which I think helps the load times significantly. I've also been cheating and using FM Scout so I don't have to dig through a 70,000 player database all summer

It's my processor that struggles after a while, it still runs ok just a bit slower but isn't a problem.

I wouldn't call it cheating, but finding gem's is the best part of football manager!!

FM Scout is cheating, let's not dress it up :icon_lol:

FM14 is out on 31 October, I think I'll get it this year. I've been playing CM01/02 with a bang up to date database over the last six months or so, I haven't touched FM10 (the last one I bought) for a while as I'm now at the point where the database is just too far out of date, even doing transfers and the like myself - there's always something annoying to miss out and loads of young players have come through who just don't exist in the game. No-one bothers updating old FM games so downloading the data isn't an option.

01/02 is still fun but the lack of depth and interaction can be frustrating when you're used to being able to do so much more. As a standalone "pick your team and sign/sell players" game that costs nothing it's very worthwhile but the games are chalk and cheese these days. It is however really easy to set a network game up and get it running properly, much more so than the newer games.

FM Scout is cheating, let's not dress it up :icon_lol:

Still don't really class it as cheating and depending on how you use it, it's more of a supportive tool. Cheating would be taking over opposition to force free transfers/make money/win games etc. Or just using FMRTE

Pfft Championship Manager Italia blows 01/02 out of the water. For some reason 01/02 runs slow on my system too, though it might be because the games so out of date.

I'm afraid I can't change my stance as Del admitted using FM Scout about eight years ago and I've been holding the moral highground over him ever since. It's my fallback argument every time and I can't be letting that go.

I'm afraid I can't change my stance as Del admitted using FM Scout about eight years ago and I've been holding the moral highground over him ever since. It's my fallback argument every time and I can't be letting that go.

:icon_lol:

Fair enough!

Most of the time I'm 100% against cheats, tools, codes, etc., but fuck it. After playing an FM save for 20 years, it being one of numerous, I have no problems using FM scout to make my life a little easier.

I have no doubt about what is though, and it most certainly is cheating. I didn't even discover it until my team had won the champions league 3 times in a row, so I consider it leveling the field against the big teams who automatically get all the crazy-good regens.

I often wonder how the hell anyone new ever picks up FM these days - it's just so utterly hideously complex. Those of us that have been playing it for 20 years have kind of got used to the improvements year-on-year, but there must be very few people who have picked it up from scratch in the last few years.

There is a "Classic" mode available though which reduces it to a very basic level. And anyone new would surely bother with the tutorial(s) which should tell you what you can turn off. I never understand people who moan about press conferences etc - just assign your assistant to do anything you don't want to do.

Yup I have my assistant take all the press conferences and good reserves and youth coaches to deal with the other sides.

I often wonder how the hell anyone new ever picks up FM these days - it's just so utterly hideously complex. Those of us that have been playing it for 20 years have kind of got used to the improvements year-on-year, but there must be very few people who have picked it up from scratch in the last few years.

When I first bought it in 12 I was completely overwhelmed. I ran through the tutorial, and even that took me several hours.

There is a "Classic" mode available though which reduces it to a very basic level. And anyone new would surely bother with the tutorial(s) which should tell you what you can turn off. I never understand people who moan about press conferences etc - just assign your assistant to do anything you don't want to do.

Problem is even if you have an awesome assistant, who has maxed out motivation and player management, still pisses off your players half the time. It's aggravating.

I wouldn't know, I deal with everything myself like the Clough/Ferguson/Mourinho colossus that I am. I AM the club. :)

I might feel the same but each type of club personality responds to specific talks so it's pretty pointless from a gameplay perspective. I'd automate it in a second if the CPU did it correctly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Back