• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I can't sell my players. If a club wants them, they can sign them as they are basically on a non contract type of deal

Rom shock the footballing world by signing.........Trevor Benjamin.

Season Ticket sales in - 30

The early bird didn't go well at all

anyone every had a player with the Icon "Unavailable due to personal reasons"

signed a young Danish defender and he is unavailable till 2013! Its 2011 right now as I just started. Set a challenge to myself and a few friends of setting your profile as Sunday league footballer and starting as a random club in the blue square north/south (i ended up with Dover) and seeing how high you can get by promotion or moving clubs.

nearly got sacked within the first 2 months!

Won the world cup last night.

And then promptly resigned.

My first Championship season with Solihull has improved considerably, i'm sitting 1 point outside the play-off places at the half way stage, the top 4-5 are pretty comfortable, they've all got at least a 3 point cushion over each other but its pretty close from there down to about mid-table. A few inspired signings or a good run of form in the 2nd half of the season and i could be in for a sneaky chance of promotion.

This lower league stuff is friggin hard. Had a decent start winning and drawing but now in a losing run, which inc losing in the FA Cup to some team I have never heard of, helped by the fact I played 70 minutes with 9 men.

Your best players are always days away from leaving as well. I can't afford to offer contracts so everyone is one appearance fee's. If they do well, a bigger club will approach them and within a week they are gone. Going to take me a few seasons to get this club forward and beyond their expected mid-table finish.

Those non-contracts pissed me off too, i ended up offering everyone proper contracts so they couldn't be stolen from me just in case they turned out decent, half of them i ended up selling for a £0 transfer fee because they didn't progress enough to gain any interest from anyone with any money but at least i didn't lose the players that turned out to be successful.

Those non-contracts pissed me off too, i ended up offering everyone proper contracts so they couldn't be stolen from me just in case they turned out decent, half of them i ended up selling for a £0 transfer fee because they didn't progress enough to gain any interest from anyone with any money but at least i didn't lose the players that turned out to be successful.

I wish I could offer contract. My budget for wages is £250, not one player has been happy enough to take a contract from me. Its hard in the Evo-Stick Division 1

I wish I could offer contract. My budget for wages is £250, not one player has been happy enough to take a contract from me. Its hard in the Evo-Stick Division 1

BSN was the lowest i could go, cant be bothered with any add-ons, the only things that my club has really progressed with are junior coaching, because i asked for it, the stadium, because league rules dictated so, and the playing staff which i've signed. I've still got the same sponsors i had in BSP, my wage budget is still tiny (lowest in the Championship and less than half of the next lowest) i've never been able to convince the board to find a parent club for either finacial gain or just to get loan players. They really haven't done anything to improve the club to the standard of the first team.

Same at Worcester. We've got better sponsorship now, and because of prize money and a lack of transfer spend I've got a midtable wage budget, but off the pitch in terms of facilities, allowed staff numbers etc, we're upper League One standard.

We've started the defence of our crown really well, but have had a kind start fixture wise. In the next six weeks I've got Inter and Real in the CL, and Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle and Spurs in the league - it's entirely possible that we'll lose 4 out of those 6!

I convinced my board I needed a parent club.....they agreed \0/ But then no buggering club could be found.

I've got my 2 scouts on the go all the time, searching England & Ireland. They found me a great midfielder, I took him on trial for 2 weeks, he played 3 games and impressed. Offered him is non-contract, he agreed then failed to get a work permit (damn Columbian). Trevor Benjamin was signed but he is so painfully slow, I thought the match highlights had frozen when he was in a one on one 40 yards from goal.

I've convinced the board to look for a parent club several times but the chairman always comes back a few weeks later saying he doesn't see the point so doesn't offer me any possible clubs to choose from, wanker.

I'm making decent money off attendances this season, using Bescot stadium, but i made a massive loss in League 1 last season, my expanded stadium wont even be able to hold the numbers i've been getting this season either so that cash stream wont be flowing when i'm back at my own ground. I've got a reasonable amount of staff slots now but i can never find anyone that looks good enough willing to come so most of them are empty, my reputation still hasn't hit national yet either so thats probably hurting me a fair bit.

Moved back from Bescot into my own ground at the end of January, shame its almost half the size, first game is a sell out but the board dont think we have the funds to expand it further, goodbye healthy revenue stream! That win did bump me into the play-offs for the first time though.

Decided to go for a change of plan and asked for a feeder club instead of a parent club, maybe getting a bit ahead of myself with an outside chance of promotion putting big ideas in my head, shame the board wont try and push on with better youth or training facilities or any of that jazz.

If I say have a Del copy of this game does that mean I have trouble putting graphics in. I cant seem to get them working.

Back