• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I couldn't get much out of Fierro - he only ever justified a handful of games per season for me, and whilst his record wasn't bad - between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3 - it was never enough to move him up the pecking order. I've actually still got him, he's just had a season on loan in the Spanish second division, and he was no more than decent. I had the same with Griffiths as well; pbviously my preferred tactical set up doesn't suit players who are goals and nothing else.

Del McCarthio - just because they won't put a shift in

After an 18 game unbeaten run we suffered five straight defeats, with several key players missing. We then went into a third round FA Cup game at Southampton on the back of one win in eight, but took the lead through Akinbiyi after half an hour. By half time we were two one down, but we equalised with a freak own goal! Then all my tactical genius came into play as the player who I had put on as a sub, Noto, who had to be given injections to play scored the winner with two minutes remaining, and what a goal it was!

And in the 4th round I get... Spurs away.

I've already got the England job.

Signed an unreal looking 16 yr old central midfield regen from Blackpool in January of season 2, first game 5 days later against Northampton in the cup he breaks his leg and is out for 6 months! I'll have to try and post a screenie at some point his stats are ridiculous for his age!

My save with Grimsby is really pissing me off. The squad are such underachievers. Part of me wishes I stayed at Woking now even though we were permanently potless, though at least Harry Arter is rejoining me in January. I'll also try to get Martin Hansen back on loan after I flogged him to Leeds in the summer, they never use him.

Still on 2010. I keep it all updated myself. I generally buy a new one every 2-3 years, so I may invest in 2012 soon, or alternatively leave it until next season.

I have an old copy of 2011 you can have but I don't know how much use it will be to you as it is registered to my steam account

Probably not very in that case! Thanks anyway mate.

Incidentally lower league management >>>>> all. I honestly can't get into managing Wolves, I get too swayed by real life stuff. Eg I would fine Zubar every day for being a pea brained oaf.

Dan you can download FM12 now for well under £20 at some places. Well worth it, it's miles better than 2010.

I'm still on 2009 version. Hated 2010, and have a great save going on still so never jumped to 2011 either. With each version, the amount of crap that needed doing between games increased so I couldn't be arsed. I'm in 2018 with Shrewsbury in the Premier League although only grabbing the odd 30 mins on it here and there.

I use 2011. I haven't felt the urge to buy 2012. I might get 2013 but it depends on funds.

Incidentally lower league management >>>>> all.

Try going right down into the non-leagues, which you can do where people have extended the database. I'm currently managing Wednesfield - transfer fees allowed: 0. Wages allowed: 0. No contracts, so players can move freely between teams as they choose.

Back