• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Won the league in my fifth season!

Wolves 87
Man City 86
Man United 85

I've had a complete overhaul of the squad, and made an absolute mint. You can sell players for massive money off the back of a good season.

Out:
Hennessey - 13m
Tiote - 12m
O'Hara - 10m
Fletcher - 11m
Kaboul - 7m
Welbeck - 16m
A Johnson - 20m

They were all quality for me, but I can't turn that kind of money down for players starting to hit their 30's, whilst I've got some tasty youth in need of games.

In:
Smalling - Free
Courtois - Free
Moussa Sissoko - 15m

I signed a number of classy established regens on top of that.

My squad is now:

Courtois/Ospina

Walker/Kelly
Smalling/Munoz/Toloi/Vranic (egen)/Bossard (regen)
Leclerc (Regen)/Digne

Sissoko/Barkley/Rodwell/Souza (regen)
Ismail/Deulofeu/Lucas Moura/ De Rosa (regen)/Parry
Torres/Busao (regen)/Chaveirinho (regen)

Fierro/Ferraroni (regen)/McAlinden

The all-English all-stars!!

This made me laugh...

106526.gif

Can you get this game on the Xbox 360? I think I'd really love the game but I don't have it!

Don't bother with any platform other than PC.

Can you get this game on the Xbox 360? I think I'd really love the game but I don't have it!

This one can't no, they did try with a few of them, think it was 2006/2007/2008!

Also, on a separate note, would anybody be up for a network game, maybe get a few people involved, sort out times whatever, I know it'd probably be a massive pain in the arse to sort out and implement properly, just thought I'd mention it.

Network games are good fun although it's slow as shit (or was on 2010 anyway). I'd be interested if anything does happen here.

Network games are good fun although it's slow as $#@! (or was on 2010 anyway). I'd be interested if anything does happen here.

Me and a mate have one, the way we sort out how slow it is is by putting a timer on, like a minute once the majority have clicked continue, unless you're on about the game speed, I've found all the network games I've done, and I've done a few, they've always been quite speedy, and my my mate's laptop is a bag of shit!

This was the last season I finished. Stoke's position really warmed my cockles up.

Season13-14.jpg

Cracking Gav, what formation are you onto now?

I have just started a new season with Southampton using the 4-4-2 you sent

I'm switching between the 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and a 4-1-2-2-1. I only use the latter mainly in the Champions' League when we're playing a big team away. My squad is pretty shit hot now, I'll go into more detail later mate and post some screenies of the players.

I'm in March 2018 now and on course for another title, and looking good for the CL QF. My squad is insane, some of youngsters I've bought are excellent, and the ones that don't quite make the grade are now being sold for decent money. We'll make a transfer profit this year, and hopefully a very healthy operating profit as my wage bill isn't that high compared to budget. I've got 4* ability for 70% of my registered 22, and my u21s are all 4* potential or on loan with a view to a permanent move. Once I've got my overall transfer record into a net profit (without hurting the squad, obviously) and have won the treble I'll start looking for another project in Europe.

I've not played in a while, in another title battle with the Manc clubs coming into January.

Started a game with Boreham Wood, who one of my coaches is the chief scout for on it! Started well with two wins, then went four games without win. After a team meeting we have won four out of five and are in the play off positions!

Just had a crazy game, went two behind to Bromley, at home, after four minutes. Four minutes later we were level, by half time it was 4-2 with Counago getting all four! Then we scored a fifth, had a player sent off and Counago scored a penalty. Ended the game with nine men!

I jinished 2017-18 last night; won the league by three points to Citeh, won the League Cup, and beat Citeh 3-1 in the Champion’s League final for our first victory in Europe’s Premier competition. Second successive operating profit too, and now have a career transfer spend of just under £80m – not too bad considering we’ve now won the league three years running. Not too much transfer activity this year, just a few kids in and a few 20-22 year olds out. I might punt on Kyle Walker now that he’s 28 and on £67k per week and not a guaranteed starter. Got 2 possible starters in every position, and some good kids coming through. Of my core squad, over half of them have been with us from under the age of 20, which is nice. Last year we only conceded 22 goals in the league, and were the second top scorers too. My u18s have won their league 4 seasons on the trot too. This season has seen a really low number of talented kids come through across Europe though, so we’ve not bought too much in for the future this year, but I’ve still got a fairly full u18s squad, and I’m able to bring 1-2 kids into the first team squad proper every year.

We've scored 3 or more in each of the last 12 games, with Carlos Fierro scoring 15 in his last 8 games.

It's down to United and ourselves for the league, we're on 70 from 27 and they've got 76 from 28. Their only defeat was a 5-1 battering at Molineux and I've just beaten them 3-1 in the FA Cup fifth round too.

Won the League Cup with a 5-2 victory against Liverpool and am 4-0 after the first leg of the Champions League last 16.

After 9 games of 2014/15 we're second on 23 points, Arsenal lead the way on 27 points, they're fucking awesome so far this season and already it looks like they're going to take some catching. THeir transfer business has been exceptional and they have a mindblowing squad. Our points dropped were a 0-0 draw to Spurs at home (we had fifteen shots on target, their keeper played a blinder) and a 1-1 draw to Man City away (that result flattered us really). My strikers have lost their scoring touch so it looks like I may have to have a shake up at the end of the season, I'd do it in January but we're £9m in the red coming into November so it's not going to happen.

Maybe it's time to switch to 4-2-3-1.

Last edited:
Fierro out for 9 months with a serious viral infection :(. He'd just scored 6 in as many games.

Back