• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Nice stuff Boozad, has Do Santos done well for you? I've had a £2.5m bid accepted for him.

He has done very well, he was my first choice wide right player in my second season, and he would have rotated with Gervinho if not for the injury to Johnson. Now he's been moved to the left he's putting in better performances than when he was on the right. Bargain buy at £1m, now Chelsea are sniffing around him.

Didn't get him, Lyon beat me to him! Still, bought Marco Reus for £15m and could be getting Hoilett.

My team:

-----------------------Hennessey------------------------

Bosingwa-----Johnson--------Vorsah----------Wallace

----------------Holden---------Jeparov------------------

Reus------------------Thiago--------------------Jarvis

-------------------Doyle/Wilfried-------------------------

After 10 games I'm 2nd :shock: but I've actually had a kind fixture list. Lost heavily to Liverpool and Chelsea, drew with City and won an end to end match against Spurs 2-1 at Molineux. Other than that I've beaten Bolton, Wigan, Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland and Fulham with 3 of these being winners in the last 5 minutes which has been especially pleasing. SEB is on fire for me with 9 goals in his 12 games so far. I'm playing Boozad's 4-4-2 with him and Fletcher but also switching to my own 4-5-1 when necessary or when plan A isn't working. Already half way to my first goal of 40 points and that's all that matters this season!

YoungWolf - can't believe you got Thiago on loan!

Finally got round to playing this properly, pretty much gave up after a couple of days when i saw Fletcher had a made up long term injury, my first summer transfer window was quiet, Elokobi went out, Scott Brown, Wilfried and some random ass left back came in. My form was very patchy, often going 5 or so games without losing followed by 5 or so without winning, was knocking around mid table in January and was given some extra funds, i bought in Gylfi Sigurdsson on loan along with 5 or so youngsters and ended up just about finishing 10th, just meeting my top half finish season goal.

That summer i tried to poach a few players from relegated Sunerland, Wigan and QPR. SWP wanted too much money, ditto Rodallega, Diame chose AC Milan over me and i wasn't willing to pay the going rate for Wickham or Larsson. Ended up bringing in Hoilett, Ninis and Sigurdsson came in permanently at the death, along with Oxlaide-Chamberlain on loan, tried to get a new DM but they all fell through, on the way out there was Hunt, Kightly, Edwards and Guedioura, i'm desperately trying to shift SEB but nothing is working but i have managed to ship most the youngsters out on loan somewhere.

So far so good this season, 4 games 4 wins, Brown and O'Hara are a pretty solid base in midfield, Hoilett, Ninis, Hammill, Jarvis and Chamberlain give me plenty of options out wide, Fletcher, Doyle, Griffiths and Wilfried (who's becoming something of a perma-crock) give me plenty of choice up top, or i can go with just one of them and drop any of Hoilett, Sigurdsson or Ninis in behind.

Well so much for that, i just turned it back on, got new that Hoilett had picked up an injury in training and is out for 2-3 months then i play bottom placed Bolton and get taken apart 5-0, i dont think Hennessey made a single save all game and we lost pretty much every challenge.

Just lost in the League cup 3rd round too, i appear to have jinxed myself.

Now 4-0 down to Liverpool with Zubar giving away a penalty then later getting himself sent off, thats 5 red cards in just over a season for him.

Last edited:
Fucked off. 2nd on 90 points, got beat 3-1 by United in the FA Cup final, and then got beat on penalties by Citeh. Wank fucking game. Clear out time now. Too many players aren't top tier, and the squad's too big.

Managed to sell Doyle for 4m to newly promoted Cardiff.

Beat Arsenal 4-1 at the Emirates, Porto 3-2 at Molineux, 1-0 win over Liverpool then spanked Porto at the Dragao, 3-0.

Drawn with Barca, Sporting and Panathanaikos in the group stage. I fancy our chances of second as long as we remain injury free as the squad still isn't fantastic.

Hmm. Been offered the Real job. Transfer budget......£213m. Two hundred and thirteen million!

Squad is amazing. And they've just won the league. Mourinho left to go to Citeh.

I delayed for a week and got offered £244m! I've turned it off to have a think....

I've never changed jobs on an FM save, I enjoy building teams up rather than inheriting world class squads. My Wolves team on XI was so good I didn't have to do anything between games, where as I'm now going in to each game with slightly adjusted tactics.

I got offered the Chelsea job at the end of season two with a budget of £16m and a wage bill of £1.5m per week. I turned it down, even though there would have been plenty more money to spend come the close season.

I think I'm going to turn it down. I don't normally move until at least after I've won the treble.

Beat Barca 2-1. 6 points from first two CL games.

I think I'm going to turn it down. I don't normally move until at least after I've won the treble.

Create a save named different to your main one, accept it in one save and carry on with Wolves in the other.

I'm not enjoying a great start to the domestic season, certainly nowhere near last season when my first defeat was on Boxing Day. We've fot 9 from 9 in Europe, and we'll qualify if we beat Panathanikos in our next game.Beat them 5-0 at Molineux.

Just reaching the end of October and Fletch has 9 in 9 and Fiero 13 in 12, but beyond that we're not scoring many. Johnson and O'Hara along with those two are the creative forces, AJ with 10 and JOH with 6 assists respectively.

Just conceded a 94th minute equaliser to WBA, who were down to 10 men for 60 minutes and prior to that we lost 1-0 to Cardiff, 3-1 to Chelsea and 3-0 to Man City.

Spurs spent 100m in the summer and Citeh, Arsenal and Man United all have fantastic squads so top four is going to be a big ask.

Injuries. Fucking unbelievable amounts of injuries this season and it's really taking the gloss off the game for me. Apart from that though it's been nice to see Fulham, who were taken over by some Italian billionaire and spent the best part of £70m in the close season, languishing in the bottom four after one win and one draw in their first ten games.

We've opened up a gap over City of two points at the top of the table, and after a dreadful start to the season Leigh Griffiths has finally started scoring again with six goals in his last four games, including a cracking hattrick against the aforementioned wanky Fulham. I just wish we could keep players fit, my selection screen is starting to look like some fucked up traffic lights.

Last edited:
My team cant finish for shit! I play so many games where i spend so much time in and around the opposition box, creating plenty of chances but no-one cant finish, its ridiculous. Even Griffiths who managed to bag over 10 goals after returning last January has been dogshit this season and just to rub some salt into the wounds i've been forced to sign a gash 30 year old left back from Wrexham to help Ninis to settle in, the big Greek wetter!

One game played after work today, all eleven players selected were 100% with 100% match fitness. 1-0 up against Anderlecht after 39 minutes and I turned the game off due to three forced substitutions before 39 minutes. It's fucking ridiculous and is completely killing the game for me. Unless SI sort this out (Ov Collier, I'm looking at you) I won't be supporting the game any longer and will stop buying it. I've never seen a team go on a run of seven games where they've been forced to make two or more substitutions through injury. Completely unnecessary and totally unrealistic.

Back