• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Griffiths is the best striker in the squad by far, he's scored over forty league goals in two seasons for me. Why the fuck would you want to sell him?

I'm not getting that out of him, and I'm toying with a switch to 451 next year as most of my wide-men prefer playing more advanced, and I don't think that will suit Leigh. He's doing well, of course - in the region of 15-25 goals in all competitions, but I've got 3 other forwards doing the same, as well as providing assists and with the attributes that are more versatile.

I sold him, he couldn't hit a barn door in the league. Fierro is far superior for me, and four years younger.

How the hell have you signed all those players Del? You must be in the red.

I signed Tasci in the end to strengthen the defense.

Also picked up Marin on a free which was a bonus!

Team is currently

----------------------Ochoa
Walker Hummels Subotic/Tasci Vertonghen
-----------------Tiote/Bender
--------------Ilkay----Felipe Anderson
Gotze----------------------------------Marin
---------------Ayew/Sow/Fierro

Ter Stegen £8m
Ochoa £4m
Walker £3m
Fuchs £8m,
Caulker £5m
Danny Wilson free
Kaboul £4m
Berra,
Rodriguez £3m
Warnock £1m
Kites
Pereya £6m
JOH
Mariga £4m
Bender Free
Erikkson £5m
Popov £2m
Ramirez £7m
Jarvis
Wilfried £2.5m
Ideye £8m
Fletcher
Ibrahimovich free
Griffiths.

About £100m there, and sold three seasons’ worth of rejects for about £40m. I’ll check the figures when I get home. We made a loss of about £10m in season one, but profit is season 2, and I’ve got about £10m and £130k p/w to play with too. Was given £40m this summer. My wages aren’t massive, about £750k p/w.

Out of your forwards Del I would keep Fletcher, Wilfried and Griffiths (my three strikers in my third season), and fuck off the others to free up wages. Of course it's your game, but Griffiths is worth nearly £10m on mine now and just can't stop scoring, although he's yet to bag one in four games at the top of this season.

And I've just realised that this is my best start to a season yet, three wins out of three and no goals conceded. Hopefully it will carry on through with the new training, tactics and signings, and I'm not missing Johnson as mcuh as I thought I would.

I tried to get him a run in the team, but he never did enough to warrant dropping Fierro or Fletcher, and I employed a 4-5-1 towards the end of the season and he doesn't suit that role. He ended up going for 2.5m, which I wasn't too pleased about, but I couldn't expect anymore.

Hammill was excellent in the appearances he made, over both seasons but he got annoyed he wasn't picked regularly, so he went for 3m. That annoyed me as I turned down 5m from Blackpool the previous summer.

We just managed to get Daniel Sturridge in on a free, took some hard ball negotiating on his wages but he accepted in the end as nobody else was interested. I'm back up to five strikers again, and in all likelihood I'm going to move more towards a lone striker in the next season or two so two. Doyle is injured at the moment, so nobody will bid for him. Fierro and Fletcher are going nowhere and I really want to bring in Erick Torres so that probably leaves Wilfried heading for the exit door with Doyler at some point over the season. As long as he performs, Sturridge will stay as he can play in the wide positions too.

Last edited:
I have two formations prepared that use one striker and I can't bring myself to use either unless I'm forced to. I love me some 4-4-2.

I've got Tiote, Rodwell, O'Hara and Illcic as central midfield options, that's definitely my strongest area, but right now I don't want to disrupt the Fletcher/Fierro partnership. Therefore it's two from those four, and that's leaving out Javi Garcia who can only play as an anchor man.

First game of the season, away at the Emirates. 1-0 up after 24 seconds. We've got a very tough trip to Porto in the Champions League qualifying round, not too confident about it.

It's January 1st and I'm in 4th position, so the board asked me if I wanted to change expectations and now I've got £18m to spend in the transfer window! Bid for Christian Eriksen, may go for a left back too.

Finished 7th, a spell of one win in five killed me otherwise I may have made the top four (I finished 4pts off it). Got plenty of money to spend like in last save, but need to go for quality and not quantity this time!

Coming in on a season long loan..... Thiago from Barca! Also signed Jeparov, Uzbekistan player who did well for me at Stoke. Strong midfield, now I just want to sign a right back.

After my brilliant start to the season we had Blackburn away, and it looked as though they were going to cause an upset until Kemeel Bernard got sent off. Then up popped Fletcher with two great goals and that man Gervinho scored yet again. Four league games gone, ten goals scored, none conceded, but up next were Barcelona in the Champions League and I was expecting a right tonking. It looked as though that would be the case when Villa scored a 20-yard screamer, we'd switched to a 4-1-2-2-1 due to injuries, suspensions and unregistered players and it seemed we were struggling. I switched to a more direct passing style to try and gain some ground and it worked. A quick counter saw Fletcher release Dos Santos down the left, he held off Puyol and fired a low ball across goal past Valdes and there was Fletcher sliding in to put the ball into the empty net.
The second half was only five minutes old when some slick passing and movement saw O'Hara break through, his shot from the edge of the box was parried by Valdes but Gervinho was on hand to smash it back across the keeper into the far corner. And that's how it stayed, Barcelona 1 - 2 Wolves at the Nou Camp.

That was probably my best victory in Football Manager ever, and Gervinho is turning out to be one of my best ever signings. 5 goals in 6 games from the right wing is pretty good by anyone's standards and the fans love him.

Kyle Walker! Top class for me.

Just moved to Newcastle unfortunately, Davide Santon looks decent. Anyone ever had him? I tried getting van der Wiel but they wanted 40m haha!

Okay right back and also winger. I'm letting Hunt go so need someone to go ahead of Kightly. Jarvis went to the euros with England, got 9 goals and 17 assists overall!

Adam Johnson!

Try Sime Vrajalko or something like that. Just search by his first name and he will come up

Gervinho as a right winger. Shit hot.

Back