• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Didn't Lucas Neill break two legs in one game, managed to avoid a sending off too i think, against Liverpool before? Think he got Cisse and Carragher?

I do have an option in loaning Christian Fuchs from Chelsea for the season for £3.9m. I only have £9m left to spend and I doubt I'll find a left winger to go straight into the first team for that, although if I can I could always move Jarvis on later as his stats are poor now compared to Johnson and he's backup at best.

You starting your third season? Take a look at Dusan Tadic.

Nice one, I'll check him out tonight.

The other reason I considered starting again was the fact that this is still a demo save carried over into the full game. Mind you, some of the Spanish players generated to fill out the leagues are amazing.

13 games in and lie in 6th position. Wins over Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal the highlights. My defence has been solid for nearly every game, Isaac Vorsah has been immense!

So after taking my injury nightmare on the chin, I took a deep breath, got back in the manager's seat, threw out two loan offers to Chelsea (Christian Fuchs and Juan Mata) and set up my team ready for the Community Shield. I decided to play Gervinho on the right wing (where I bought him for) and move Dos Santos to the left wing and use Kightly as cover for the right. And three minutes into the game Dos Santos gets injured. Two months with a sprained ankle.

That's just too much.

Mata is listed? Gervinho is available on mine, but I'm not sure I want him.

If the injuries are really getting to you, download FMRTE and remove/reduce them rather than starting again.

I sort of know how you feel, started a new game with Wolves and by the time the first game came around I had 8 players out injured. Managed to sign Danny Wilson and Coquelin on loan for the season and signed Mark Noble to bolster my midfield. Also have set up the future transfers of Carlos Fierro and Muhammed Demirci who my scouts assure me will be awesome (he's 16 atm).

Sign Erick Torres too, he's Fierro's partner at Chivas and he looks shit hot going into my third season. Unfortunately they won't accept any of my bids for him.

Mata is listed? Gervinho is available on mine, but I'm not sure I want him.

Yep, Mata's listed. I think Chelsea like to buy a new squad every season as the amount of players they put up for sale is ridiculous, same with Citeh. Gervinho is really good, he got MotM against Citeh in the Community Shield, we beat them 2-0 and he scored a cracker.

If the injuries are really getting to you, download FMRTE and remove/reduce them rather than starting again.

I've loaned Fuchs for the season so hopefully he'll do on the wing until dos Santos gets fit again.

You going into your third season?

Jarvo and Johnson were electric for me, 40 assists between them so widemen aren't a priority and I'm going to try and keep playing 4-4-2, so Gervinho wouldn't really fit in. Jesus Navas and Diego Perotti both went for 2m, but I couldn't get either of them and I missed out on Cleverly too, as for some reason he wanted 60k a week when he hadn't been playing for United. Same situation with Leroy Fer, tracked him for two years, finally agree a deal and in come Villareal who snipe him from me.

Despite qualifying for the CL, there's not many players available who would significantly improve my team without having to pay silly transfer fees or wages. Therefore I've tried to add depth, as I had virtually no cover for O'Hara or Tiote last season.

I'm playing Gervinho on the right in a 4-4-2, I rotate him and dos Santos there and Johnson and Jarvis on the left. I tracked Fer as well but Arsenal bought him for a massive fee when I had no money whatsoever. But Gago is doing a fine job in the middle and hopefully Kayal will provide good cover, while for the more forward MCs I have O'Hara, Esteban Granero and a generated Spanish player who blows the last two out of the water.

I was on the verge of beating City away until a 89th minute 25 yard lob from.......Nigel De Jong.

Need a couple of decent full back options at either side for Dortmund.

Signed Romario but he's too young at the minute, not consistent enough!

What's up with Schmelzer and Pizscek? Martin Montoya from Barca looks good, but he's young like Romario.

Schmelzer is okay, I've converted Vertonghen to play LB and signed Kyle Walker for £2.5m so my defence is now Walker-Hummels-Subotic-Vertonghen

So its more for back up really. I will probably be okay now I have walker and will sign another CB instead.

Pizscek had a shit season and then decided to question my ability so he was shown the door.

Well I'm glad I carried on with the game, the season has really started with a bang. Dos Santos has been brilliant on the left having been forced to move there, and Gervinho has been a revelation on the right (3 goals in 4 games) and O'Hara has been in outstanding form (3 goals in 4 games). We've kept four clean sheets in four across the Community Shield and three league games and scored nine goals in those games. Only Fletcher has scored out of my strikers yet, one solitary goal, but my midfielders are banging them in with dos Santos and Gago grabbing one each too.

So far the results have been:

Wolves 2 - 0 Man City (Community Shield) O'Hara, Gervinho
Wolves 1 - 0 WBA (League) O'Hara
Wigan 0 - 2 Wolves (League) Gervinho, Fletcher
Wolves 4 - 0 Spurs (League) O'Hara, Gervinho, dos Santos, Gago

The Spurs match was brilliant, I'd changed my match preparation to Attacking Movement for the Wigan game and left it, and my attacking five tore Spurs to pieces. Hazard missed a penalty for them as well.

Last edited:
I’m now in December of season three – there are 4 teams on 28 points :icon_lol:

Tough Champions’ League group too; Barca, Napoli and Bursaspor. I need to beat Bursaspor then match Napoli’s Barca result to go through…

Squad-wise now, I’m a bit bloated.

Ter Stegen (or something, German keeper, 22, looks the nuts) and Ochoa
Walker, Fuchs (better than Romario IMO), Caulker, Danny Wilson (on a free!), Kaboul, Berra, Rodriguez, Warnock
Kites, Pereya, JOH, Mariga, Bender, Erikkson, Popov, Ramirez, Jarvis
Wilfried, Ideye, Fletcher, Ibrahimovich (couldn’t resist on a free), Griffiths.

Got a reserve team full of u20 talent – Fierro, Villvues, Demirci amongst the names you’ve heard of, and loads more quality that I’ll list once I know if they’re any good. Really pissed off that I can’t get them out on loan though.

Ideally next summer I’ll lose Berra, Warnock, Kites, Popov, Zlatan and Griffiths to free up some wages. It’s every inch a top 4 squad, but with no real best-in-the-world quality, which is obviously difficult and expensive to get.

Back