• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Here we go, very next game:

(We scored from that corner by the way).

Injury1-Wilfried.jpg

And here comes the injuries....

Sturridge, Tadic, Rodwell, Johnson and Illcic all out for a month, JOH just returned from a month out.

Time for Zele to shine!

So it's not just me who's getting them.

Zele is nowhere near my first team, can you post a screenshot of him in your game?

We're quietly going about our business, and are now only 7 points off top. The Manchester teams both have a game in hand, but right now we're the league's form team and Everton who are currently 4th are on the slide.

Fuck me he's nowhere near that in my game. I'll have to post a screenie.

I've got lucky on his PA, it's right near the top of what it could have been.

He's only had one full season out on loan at Walsall in my first season, I tutored him in the second season and then he's had a month at Leicester in my current season and is now getting regular game time.

I've reached the League Cup semi finals where I will be playing QPR. My run to get there has been: Southend, Norwich, Wigan and Cardiff :D.

Ok this is silly now, reached the halfway stage P:19 W:13 D:2 L: 4 - 41 points! Last 5 games = 5-0 v Blackburn (H), 5-0 v QPR (A), 2-2 WBA (A), 3-0 Arsenal (H), 6-0 Newcastle (H). The last game included a 25 yarder from Henry. Madness!

Won 8 on the bounce, up to third, 6 behind Citeh and 3 behind United but they have a game and two games in hand respectively. Just beat Spurs 2-0, who are fourth, now three points behind but also with a game in hand. Everton have fallen apart, and I play them next. A win will pretty much put them out of the running.

After 6 years of not finishing below 7th, winning the FA Cup and reaching the final of the Europa League twice, an Italian consortium have just taken over and replaced me with Stuart Pearce! What a liberty.

Within a week though Chelsea offered me their job with a £102m transfer budget. Amusingly, my entire backroom team walked out at Wolves and I've signed the majority up at Stamford Bridge.

After 6 years of not finishing below 7th, winning the FA Cup and reaching the final of the Europa League twice, an Italian consortium have just taken over and replaced me with Stuart Pearce!

Fuck me that's a bit harsh. It's a bit bad if you can't keep your job even getting good results.

But on a better note, here's arguably the best goal from a centre back. Ever. And it was the only goal of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hCcdRyNRYc

What a time for Younes Kaboul to turn in a performance of complete and utter filth.

Champions League Semi-Final, makes two absolute howlers in the first five minutes, and we're two down at home to Man City. He has a clear chance to partly redeem himself from a corner, but smashes it over the bar from 6 yards out, then in the second half is unmarked at the far post, again from a corner, misses it, chases after the City defender as it's running out for a throw in, and is sent off for a two footed challenge. Top stuff Younes, we end up losing 3-1, so need to win 3-0 at the Etihad, which isn't going to happen.

Signed Erick Torres and Romario in the January transfer window and Griffiths came back from his loan and has done well straight away. Fletcher still my main man and we are still 3rd at the end of January and through to the League Cup final where we will play Stoke (easiest cup run ever!). I expect we'll lose a few places in the league before the end of the season but I hope we can hold onto a European spot.

Just been beaten 6-1 by Napoli in the knockout phase of the CL, with Cavani scoring all 6.

Finally managed to sign Erick Torres in January of 4th season, but in his third game he's ruled out for 4 months.

Fletcher hasn't scored in 3 and a half months now and Fierro has been out for the last 4 months.

I've just relinquished top spot of the league in the middle of February, and I can't see us keeping up with the pace for the final 3 months.

Last edited:
I've picked this up again after a month off.

It's now January season 4, we're top and unbeaten after 20 games on 54 points. Scraped through a CL group containing Barca and Lazio. Some of the kids are turning from 'good looking kids' to genuine squad players now. A few league games ago we played Cardiff who were tenth, and we had a make or break CL game 2 days later, so I played the kids. Average of 21, depite having 2 28 year olds in the XI, and we won 3-0, with a 16 year old getting MOTM in central midfield; the future's looking bright. I'm glad Madrid's near £250m warchest didn't tempt me!

The return leg of my CL knockout game with Napoli and I'm down to 9 men inside 15 minutes.

Edit: 8 men after 55 minutes, all straight reds.

Edit: Now down to 7 men as Sturridge is injured.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
The return leg of my CL knockout game with Napoli and I'm down to 9 men inside 15 minutes.

Edit: 8 men after 55 minutes, all straight reds.

Edit: Now down to 7 men as Sturridge is injured.

Match abandoned then?

Starting to lose my patience with this now, every season I start like a house on fire and then when it gets to February I turn to shit.

Back