• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

We've been in the fully expanded Charlie Kirkwood Arena for three years now, average attendance is the same as the max. There are 7000 people on the season ticket waiting list. The board still won't move to a new ground. But what i've noticed, and this is annoying me so much it hurts my face, we have just under 17000 season ticket holders, paying £1,150 each. Just over £60 per game. It's a lot. but we are the PSG of mid-Lothian.

"Well what sort of money are the tourists paying?", I hear you ask. 15,000 walk up sales every home game. £80? £90? 17000 walk ups at that sort of money is nice, best part of £30m a season just on league games, add in the c20 games you play in the cups and you're looking at £60m in walk up revenue minimum, yeah.

Except our walkin price isn't £80. It isn't £90. It isn't even £100.

It's £32. Thirty two pounds.

Season ticket holders are paying DOUBLE the price per game than the casuals. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

I've done a little side quest on my game.

Wanted too see what a ridiculous bit of success would do the rep of the team.

So decided an FA Cup win would do the trick. Old save, so the team will be at level 9 (the lowest to enter the cup).
Start at the extra preliminary round.

To ensure of success, add manager etc etc. Although it came close to going tits up in round 2 v Burton. 2 up and then the unmanaged rabble of out of position players scored 3 in 5 mins!! Had to destroy their formation and put a forward in goal to get a 3-3 draw.

Fuck you Man City as you get hit for 6 in the final.

So biggest shock in the FA Cup...EVER. MDT straight into Europa League Group stages.
This will have a huge impact on reputation and attraction to players.
Well off the back of Man City getting beat and also spending a ridiculous amount of money on numerous MDT players, because why not (although their board did block a £30m for a 34 year old centre back...sensible stuff. Approved £25m though...make that 116 charges please)

That success and income meant the Chairman made the club Pro, improved youth facilities, added 500 seats (probably plastic patio ones) to the capacity and gave me a huge payrise so I earn £200 a week.

so, FA Cup winners, professional, rich and in Europe.

Makes no difference. Zero, zilch. Players from the same league said no to me.

Waste of bastard time that was.

Back to the grind and my comedy fans on FM Twitter it is then.

So decided an FA Cup win would do the trick. Old save, so the team will be at level 9 (the lowest to enter the cup).

To ensure of success, add manager etc etc. Although it came close to going tits up in round 2 v Burton. 2 up and then the unmanaged rabble of out of position players scored 3 in 5 mins!! Had to destroy their formation and put a forward in goal to get a 3-3 draw.

So biggest shock in the FA Cup...EVER. MDT straight into Europa League Group stages.
Well off the back of Man City getting beat and also spending a ridiculous amount of money on numerous MDT players, because why not (although their board did block a £30m for a 34 year old centre back...sensible stuff. Approved £25m though...make that 116 charges please)

That success and income meant the Chairman made the club Pro, improved youth facilities, added 500 seats (probably plastic patio ones) to the capacity and gave me a huge payrise so I earn £200 a week.

Know your place. ;)

It was the fact you used to sell keyrings wasn't it?

I'm over at Greenfields on Sunday, I'll start a campaign to get the stadium renamed 'The Kenny Gingerbread Ground' in honour of your FA Cup triumph, see how many odd looks I get

I'm over at Greenfields on Sunday, I'll start a campaign to get the stadium renamed 'The Kenny Gingerbread Ground' in honour of your FA Cup triumph, see how many odd looks I get
At a push, 1

Wolves have come in clutch with a 22m bid for Summerville. Great as I'm playing 3/5 ATB (Blame Nuno), so don't have any use for wingers. James does a decent job as RWB, the rest I don't know what to do with. Thanks Wolves!

Another unbeaten domestic season under our belts, unfortunately this time we were undone in the UCLQF by Man City, 3-2 on aggregate. It's been the first half of a transitional period in many ways; a lot more minutes for the young lads coming though, as this Summer we're expecting something of an exodus. SEVEN first teamers have their contract expiring in two years time and are point blank refusing to even negotiate. Mopst of these boys have been with me for 6-7-8 years, and it's going to be really hard to let them go - particularly for the bullshit fees I'll be forced to accept, but we just can't afford to let anybody run their contract down.

The first eleven won't be harmed too much, and there will be some considerable unhappiness exiting the dressing room. Do have a concern on depth as the set underneath these new lads don't look to be developing brilliantly, all losing a 1-1.5 stars on potential during the season, so I might have to buy players for depth which isn't something I like doing. Be an interesting season

The board have finally agreed to move to a new stadium. We still haven't started work on it yet, but the plans say it'll be 45k, hopefully the ticket price glitch is fixed and we start to get more money in.

Reactions: b3h
Another unbeaten domestic season under our belts, unfortunately this time we were undone in the UCLQF by Man City, 3-2 on aggregate. It's been the first half of a transitional period in many ways; a lot more minutes for the young lads coming though, as this Summer we're expecting something of an exodus. SEVEN first teamers have their contract expiring in two years time and are point blank refusing to even negotiate. Mopst of these boys have been with me for 6-7-8 years, and it's going to be really hard to let them go - particularly for the bullshit fees I'll be forced to accept, but we just can't afford to let anybody run their contract down.

The first eleven won't be harmed too much, and there will be some considerable unhappiness exiting the dressing room. Do have a concern on depth as the set underneath these new lads don't look to be developing brilliantly, all losing a 1-1.5 stars on potential during the season, so I might have to buy players for depth which isn't something I like doing. Be an interesting season

The board have finally agreed to move to a new stadium. We still haven't started work on it yet, but the plans say it'll be 45k, hopefully the ticket price glitch is fixed and we start to get more money in.
For your yonger players, do you have good talent coming through the built-in youth section or do you have to buy young regens who look good?

I've not long had the early email telling me about the built-in ones and it says they're pap. None of the good looking ones (and fairly affordable) that my scouts are finding want to join at the moment, guessing some might after promotion.

Just thinking ahead really. If I go and win the CL in season 3 then the save probably dies off but with my skillz it'll be more like season 20.

Another stupid thing annoying me on the game

Monthly Meeting:
We should send Luno Bage on a coaching course. Might be handy if he understood shit a bit more

Great idea...do it.

Next Day
Chairman: Rejected your request to send Luno Bage on a course. Are you insane, it costs money and we have a busy schedule. No time for anyone to improve here.

*appeal decision. Reason - we kind of need better coaches here, they all just read Kevin Thelwell's book*

Chairman: Yeah good point, course approved.

Every fookin time. Just approve the first request you gimp.

Last edited:
For your yonger players, do you have good talent coming through the built-in youth section or do you have to buy young regens who look good?

I've not long had the early email telling me about the built-in ones and it says they're pap. None of the good looking ones (and fairly affordable) that my scouts are finding want to join at the moment, guessing some might after promotion.

Just thinking ahead really. If I go and win the CL in season 3 then the save probably dies off but with my skillz it'll be more like season 20.
All bought in mate. I just buy good looking 16 year olds every year*, not anybody properly come through the system

*Not in an Eptsein way

Assume everyone is playing the full version laptop? How does that differ to the mobile version?

I play the mobile version, it's fun but too easy and don't get the same pleasure from it. However I just don't have the time for the full version, and my macbook - which isn't old - just doesn't seem to run well with it.

As someone who once worked on the QA testing team for the Mobile game I heartily endorse it - but don’t blame me for any bugs!!

Back