• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

These aren't good signs.

The only announced date on the "roadmap" is for a game mode that about 1% of players will actually ever use (at the same time as they've ditched international management and touchline shouts because "not enough people use those features"), and there's absolutely no sign of the match engine, which is supposed to be the big revamp. Also the release date has now been pushed back to a point where more or less half the season will have been completed in real life.

One to skip, I suspect. I remember buying CM3 in 1999 - again, much delayed - and while all the ideas were good and it was recognisably a different game from CM2, essentially nothing was ready and it was all kinds of broken (and ran like shit, even on PCs more than capable enough in theory to cope). Very easy to get a 24/25 update for FM24 and play from there if you want.

A trailer with zero evidence of the actual game is a massive red flag isn’t it? No early access either like they normally do. I suspect it’s nowhere near ready right now and will be a mess at launch but they can’t push it any further.

They'd be as well pushing Early Access out, even if it's a hot mess. You basically get tens of thousands of free testers.

Yeah I agree but that’s what makes me think it won’t even be playable by mid November otherwise I think they would.

The ethical thing to do (if what we suspect is true) would be to cancel it, do a free official data update for FM24 now and in February, then launch it properly in a year's time when you've made something that's actually fit to go to market.

But they won't of course, because they know it'll sell, regardless of how bad it is.

I’m not going anywhere near FM25 until it’s out and works well and people actually like it. Which I can live with as it is just a hobby.

So many people now that make a living from playing the game however. I do feel a bit for them given that they have zero control over any of it and are dependent on the game to make a living.

Assume everyone is playing the full version laptop? How does that differ to the mobile version?
I believe the mobile version is a scaled down model. Never played it though, too much of a challenge with my eyesight.

Release date for the full game announced. 26th November. Think I`ll give it a miss for now.

Happens to be my birthday. But like everyone else I'll wait and see how it goes.

This is my new striker, signed on a bosman to help Blyth go one better than last season's 2nd place finish.

To be honest, I didn't need another striker. I only signed him because of his name!

Screenshot_20241004-182725.png

This is my new striker, signed on a bosman to help Blyth go one better than last season's 2nd place finish.

To be honest, I didn't need another striker. I only signed him because of his name!

View attachment 11820

Was about to ask what league you'd got them to but then had another look and spotted it

Does look fun going for a team lower down the pyramid, or even something a bit crazy like what Del has done

Will probably do that after I get bored of my Leeds save

I feel whoever did the database for the very lower leagues just gave up and started making up random team names

1728158358589.png

Back