• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Maybe I am struggling to say it right, but I hope you know what I mean.

I do understand mate. But for once I wasn't being provocative for the sake of it, IDS and his policies are frightening.

As far as I'm concerned, Labour always produces an undesirable left of centre government. A huge public sector plus unlimited immigration, mixed with a sprinkle of increased EU integration equals disaster. A Tory/UKIP coalition would be fantastic next time around. Hopefully it'd be a government that'll sort this mess out and restore meritocracy to this country.

Labour haven't produced a left of centre government for forty years. Hopefully that will change in may.

And the idea that a load of toffs will introduce meritocracy is retarded.

As far as I'm concerned, Labour always produces an undesirable left of centre government. A huge public sector plus unlimited immigration, mixed with a sprinkle of increased EU integration equals disaster. A Tory/UKIP coalition would be fantastic next time around. Hopefully it'd be a government that'll sort this mess out and restore meritocracy to this country.

A Tory/LibDem coalition has produced some of the most inhumane policies a British government has ever spat out. So let's lurch further right, what a good idea.

I'd pick apart UKIP's manifesto at this point except they have zero stated policies bar withdrawal from the EU/forced repatriation of migrants, despite us being under six months from an election. And this makes them ideal coalition partners because....

A few more speeches from the two Ed's will probably mean the Conservatives will not need a coalition partner.

A few more speeches from the two Ed's will probably mean the Conservatives will not need a coalition partner.

There is not an earthly chance of Cameron winning an election outright. He couldn't do it after 13 years of Labour government, in the midst of a recession, with a deeply unpopular PM at the helm. After five years of dreadful government he isn't doing it now.

Yet after five years of "dreadful government" poll after poll still says the voters trust the Conservatives more than Labour on the economy. And Miliband has managed to get poll ratings as low as Michael Foot.

UKIP and SNP could well be the kingmakers at the election.

The SNP have said they unequivocally will not deal with the Tories. So if they are the "kingmakers" then it won't be Dishface wearing the crown.

The SNP have said they unequivocally will not deal with the Tories. So if they are the "kingmakers" then it won't be Dishface wearing the crown.

Obviously. The SNP could well join Labour in a coalition, but it also equally possible that UKIP will join with the Conservatives. The stumbling block there being that Farage would not work with Cameron. It should be interesting come May.

I normally read rather than actively participate in the politics threads and admire the articulate coherent arguments which in the main are advanced irrespective of particular political persuasion, but this is the most ridiculous tosh I think I've ever read, topped by the notion of a Con/UKIP coalition bringing about a meritocracy.

Obviously. The SNP could well join Labour in a coalition, but it also equally possible that UKIP will join with the Conservatives. The stumbling block there being that Farage would not work with Cameron. It should be interesting come May.
UKIP won't get 5 MP's when push comes to shove. If the Tories need a partner it'll be the Lib Dems again with the dozen or so they'll have left.

UKIP won't get 5 MP's when push comes to shove. If the Tories need a partner it'll be the Lib Dems again with the dozen or so they'll have left.

and that is the point. completely. UKIP are a bye-election irritant, and no more than that.

Back