• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I just watched last night's Question Time on iPlayer. What a complete irritant Russell Brand is. Still blaming all of society's ills on people who work in finance.

When, as we all know, the massive global recession was caused by shelf stackers.

Seems Richard Desmond is donating £300k to UKIP. Should the owner of a national newspaper (albeit an AWFUL one) be allowed to publicly and openly finance a political party in that way in the lead up to an election?

When they've been promised a UKIP peerage, of course...

We haven't had a left wing government in my life time. And I am considerably older than 5.

And if the root cause was left wing government, why was the US (under the adminstration of GWB) affected?

Or were they left wing too?

The last left wing government was either under Callaghan or probably more accurately Wilson. Blair is not that far left of me.

Lukewarm water, if you will.

I'm no fan of Blair but at least Arbeit Macht Frei wasn't a central concept of his government.

The last left wing government was either under Callaghan or probably more accurately Wilson. Blair is not that far left of me.

Callaghan was fairly moderate, he at least tried to stop the left from tearing the party apart. Wilson was certainly left wing, but not to any extremes.

Lukewarm water, if you will.

I'm no fan of Blair but at least Arbeit Macht Frei wasn't a central concept of his government.

That is probably a little strong using the German to make your point. Obviously I get exactly why you have done it though, and the overall concept you are trying to outline I think is a charge to which the Cameron administration would probably have to plead guilty. Saying that, using that particular term with the obvious connotations is in poor taste Dan!

IDS has used the term himself (in English, obviously).

By the way I rather think that IDS driving hundreds of thousands of people to food banks just because, y'know, is more offensive than anything I could write.

He is an evangelical buffoon who is actively dangerous.

Nice of him to give 'em a lift though....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Has he really? Jesus wept.

An appalling advert for the far right of the Conservative party. As you know, I wish he and his little minions would just fuck off and join Farage so that the rest of the party can concentrate on contesting the centre / centre-left / centre-right vote.

Trouble is, Cameron sees these people leeching away from the party and wants to lurch to the right to try and keep them away from Farage, which is where they belong.

Anyway, like I said, I do totally understand what you were saying. It is just seeing it in the German is somewhat disturbing. Maybe I am struggling to say it right, but I hope you know what I mean.

Callaghan was fairly moderate, he at least tried to stop the left from tearing the party apart. Wilson was certainly left wing, but not to any extremes.
The last Wilson administration looked to bring in legislation to limit the Unions IIRC. I think that Callaghan rejected it.

Back