• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I've always been against PR as I believe it leads to weak government (as we have here). Just wondered what some of the Greens and Liberals might think.

I've always been against PR as I believe it leads to weak government (as we have here). Just wondered what some of the Greens and Liberals might think.

All gone quiet over there then. Rochester a 'tap in' i reckon. 2-0. Lookin' good for the G.E. (and for the rest of Europe)

Reading the stuff Sky did on Rchester, a lot of UKIP votes came from Labour supporters to try and keep the Cons out (as they knew Labour couldn't win it). So not sure if that result will reflect in the G.E or not.

Massive bloody nose for Cameron and looking at the Lib Dem vote, I believe they were assaulted and left for dead last night

Any labour supporter who voted UKIP tactically should be utterly ashamed of themselves

Pity about Labour's 'own goal' that gave the Tory right-wing press an alternative headline. Shows how Labour has been hijacked, somewhat, by neo-Liberal middle-class professionals who think they can mock the working class. A miserable night, all round, for the UK.

If the same is reversed in the labour heartlands to give miliband a bloody nose then UKIP might do rather better in the election than I was hoping. Utterly depressing.

50% turnout. It really is upon the silent majority to get out there and vote, especially my generation.

The tactical vote idea sounds a bit straw clutchy by Labour to me. Lots of people voted UKIP because they wanted to vote UKIP. Other parties need to offer sensible, rational alternative policies to all those who didn't vote UKIP - which is most people (only a 50% turnout). No point offering UKIP-lite policies as people will just go for the real thing as yesterday showed.

For the majority of people, Europe and immigration aren't the big items on the agenda - who's representing them at the moment?

Is anyone offering a clear policies on reducing congestion and vastly improving public transport? They'd get my vote. It's the thing that affects me every single day.

Is anyone offering a clear policies on reducing congestion and vastly improving public transport? They'd get my vote. It's the thing that affects me every single day.

To paraphrase the Fatima Manisons - only immigrants take the bus.

Pity about Labour's 'own goal' that gave the Tory right-wing press an alternative headline. Shows how Labour has been hijacked, somewhat, by neo-Liberal middle-class professionals who think they can mock the working class. A miserable night, all round, for the UK.

Nailed, the opposition front bench need to get their heads out of their arses and grasp whats going on, the vote they could always rely on, not very pleasant but a vote nonetheless is haemorrhaging to UKIP on one single issue.
When they fuck up next May, it's to be hoped that Alan Johnson still has the appetite to rescue the party.

The tactical vote idea sounds a bit straw clutchy by Labour to me.

Wasn't Labour that came out with it. Sky News spent a few days talking to people and that was the general feeling they got from Labour supporters. It might not be the case at all, its just what was reported

The Greens.

Why was she allowed to resign? She should have been sacked on the spot.

Nailed, the opposition front bench need to get their heads out of their arses and grasp whats going on, the vote they could always rely on, not very pleasant but a vote nonetheless is haemorrhaging to UKIP on one single issue.
When they fuck up next May, it's to be hoped that Alan Johnson still has the appetite to rescue the party.

Not an option apparently. Looks like it will have been to be Andy Burnham.

Not an option apparently. Looks like it will have been to be Andy Burnham.

I like Burnham, he seems to have substance, even if I don't agree with his politics much. Could give some of the vapid characters in Westminster a test.

The Greens.

I did one of those "Vote for the policy" tests the other day. Greens came out on top. Maybe I should actually vote for them :confused-smiley-013

Back