• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

There's a joke about chocolate fingers there that I'm restraining myself from.....

Nailed, the opposition front bench need to get their heads out of their arses and grasp whats going on, the vote they could always rely on, not very pleasant but a vote nonetheless is haemorrhaging to UKIP on one single issue.
When they $#@! up next May, it's to be hoped that Alan Johnson still has the appetite to rescue the party.

Spot-on, Trev. I'm seriously worried about Ed (the man that they once called 'the emissary from Planet Fuck) and his band of 'professional-career politicians'. Labour will haemorrhage votes, ironically, to a party that will ultimately hurt the less well-off, simply because ex-public schoolboy, Nige, seems to be speaking directly to the working-class. I'm astounded that Johnners hasn't been crow barred into action, yet. There is still time (just)!

The lefties had absolutely no chance in Rochester and Strood but to see the Lib Dems lose their deposit and get just 198 more votes than the Monster Raving Loonies is wonderful.

Are Alasdair with a D agus càirdean in Scotland the only thing standing between us and a more desirable government next time?

50% turnout. It really is upon the silent majority to get out there and vote, especially my generation.

It could be that if the silent majority did vote, that UKIP would get a lot more seats. The less well off are less likely to vote. But they are more likely to have lost their jobs to migrant workers.
Maybe the problem in the UK, is that the middle class think they are cleverer than they are. They are out of touch with what is happening in the UK and offer no solutions. UKIP are not the answer, but some people on here are too concerned with personal attacks, but defending politicians who have been pondering to big business but neglecting the vast majority of people in the UK.

It could be that if the silent majority did vote, that UKIP would get a lot more seats. The less well off are less likely to vote. But they are more likely to have lost their jobs to migrant workers.
Maybe the problem in the UK, is that the middle class think they are cleverer than they are. They are out of touch with what is happening in the UK and offer no solutions. UKIP are not the answer, but some people on here are too concerned with personal attacks, but defending politicians who have been pondering to big business but neglecting the vast majority of people in the UK.

This may be me being naïve, but I'd say a high percentage of people in the UK have a good standard of living compared to most Countries.

Have these two by election victories by UKIP been just typical strange by elections results, or are they set to repeat these successes at the General Election?

Dunno, I wasn't living here 10 years ago. But all the stats say it's better.

Buy a torch and a different Newspaper you might find it enlightening or at least easier.

So you think the standard of living in the UK, is as good as it was 10 years ago?

Personally....

On the plus side: schools are better, crime is down and erm...faster internet?

As for negatives: utility bills higher and food more expensive.

Maybe a better way of putting it is,
Do you think the living standards for the average person in the UK is better?
Where I stay, when I am in the UK, the living standards have fallen. But maybe they were a lot higher than the grim north. I have been shocked by the poverty of low paid workers, high rents and living costs. Of course, this could be regional.

The less well off are less likely to vote. But they are more likely to have lost their jobs to migrant workers.

I don't actually believe the economic migrants are taking their jobs and I find it all scaremongering. There are plenty of low paid jobs with increasingly worse conditions that the migrants will quite happily do. There is therefore no need to increase pay and conditions. Maybe some see a better life on benefits. You can't blame them

Back