• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

The only reasons people vote UKIP are they are either ignorant or idiots

It really isn't,it's a sign many people are fed up with the current political stale mate.We've gone through that and now the fuckers are in a position of power and it ain't gonna be pretty for the average citizen.

It really is, they are too idiotic or ignorant to see that UKIP are absolutely no different to the rest (same schools, same careers, etc), only difference is that instead of blaming the other party they blame those nasty 'foreigners'

If they actually wanted to vote for someone different they would vote for a party not full of public schoolboy wankers, but a party which actually has some policies which might make a difference.

If a party wishes to appeal to the UKIP voter fine, but they will not get my vote if they do.

The only reasons people vote UKIP are they are either ignorant or idiots, either way these are not people we should want deciding who governs us.

If that sounds arrogant, fair enough.

Wouldn't say ignorant or idiots (maybe a % of them, but then again all parties have that kind of supporter). UKIP have properly nailed a tactic and hammered home the point, not always by being truthful or indeed being able to back up a lot fo what they say. See how papers go with headlines that don't really match the story....well UKIP are writing the headlines and thats all a lot of people require.

A lot of idiots around then.

Its how the world goes these days. Its not what you are saying, its how you say it.

A lot of idiots around then.

Its how the world goes these days. Its not what you are saying, its how you say it.

Maybe idiots is a step too far, more lazy incompetent and narrow minded?

I'm just fed up with idiots such as the caller above, I'd like to think he is the exception rather than the rule, but I think not.

I fully admit it is arrogant, but I've had enough of people parroting the bullshit lies spouted by UKIP.

You can go back to the debates between Clegg and Farage a few months ago. Clegg presented a series of rational, evidence based arguments and was seen to have lost the debates by a wide margin to Farage's bar room bluster. UKIP's supporters aren't interested in facts.

We live in the age of the political sound bite. Whatever else you think about Nigel Farage, be that good or bad, it is impossible to deny that he is very good at delivering sound bites in that blustering style he has. Thus he inevitably has some appeal to a portion of the electorate.

This pretty much sums up how I think he should be dealt with:

The Conservatives and Labour alike would do better to take the fight to Ukip than ape it. The party has thrived through unvarnished bluster, which strikes an authentic note in an age of spin, yet conceals chaotic policies which could easily be ripped apart. While Mr Farage undoubtedly speaks for a minority, more voters tell pollsters they dislike Ukip than any other party. His latest remarks about HIV follows a prejudiced assault on Romanians and his calls to entrust the NHS to businessmen. His obsessions are not those of Middle England. After his win, others must muster the courage to take him on in his own plain-speaking style.

Stop stealing his ill-thought out policies and take him on. It is incredibly easy to debunk most of what he says.

Sadly it won't happen.

Instead we will get more and more soundbites on dirty foreigners and labelling anyone who claims Benefits as scum from UKIP and Cons. Labour will hand out soundbites on working people and the NHS and the Lib Dems will shout "look at us look at us, we are still important"

All very boring.

I don't think that would work. You can't reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into.

I don't think that would work. You can't reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into.

I've spent 49 years reasoning myself into a well reasoned position. Your kind of political dogma never came into it.

That rather depends on the reason why the person in question is concerned about immigration.

True Paddy. I am concerned that our small overcrowded island is allowing too many people in.

We ranked 53rd in terms of worldwide population density out of a list 241 entries. The list is greater than the actual number of sovereign countries as places such as Taiwan, Macau, Jersey, and Guernsey get their own listings.

Latest estimates are that there are around 660 people per square mile in the United Kingdom.

Germany has about 593 per square mile.

By comparison, Macau has over 48,000 people per square mile.

Barbados has over 1,500 per square mile, and I can tell you from personal experience it really doesn't feel crowded at all.

We ranked 53rd in terms of worldwide population density out of a list 241 entries. The list is greater than the actual number of sovereign countries as places such as Taiwan, Macau, Jersey, and Guernsey get their own listings.

Latest estimates are that there are around 660 people per square mile in the United Kingdom.

Germany has about 593 per square mile.

By comparison, Macau has over 48,000 people per square mile.

Barbados has over 1,500 per square mile, and I can tell you from personal experience it really doesn't feel crowded at all.

Like most places, it would probably depend on which bit of it you were in to be fair.

What problems do you think immigrants are causing Frank?

There are certain areas of Britain really struggling with immigration - Sheffield being on example.

Like most places, it would probably depend on which bit of it you were in to be fair. And there are certain areas of Britain really struggling with immigration - Sheffield being on example.

Agree with this - depends where you are as to the impact (the average population density & mix is not a relevant factor)

Living where I do then unless I go to Yeovil then don't see any other than white faces & in a school of 110 pupils we have 2 who are not white British origin (though even then both were born here & are British citizens)

What problems do you think immigrants are causing Frank?

Too much immigration is the problem, not the immigrants. Parts of Lincolnshire, Boston being a prime example, have a had a large influx of Eastern European immigrants in recent years. The infrastructure of the UK is already buckling under the increased pressure on it. Both the Conservatives and Labour have done nothing about the flood of immigrants entering the UK, whether legally or illegally. And people have voiced concern about it, and that is why UKIP are doing so well. Just calling them racists misses the point by some distance. Personally I would not vote UKIP, but I can understand why some people are.

Back