• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

We don't have the monopoly on silly names tbf.

germany-christian-ziege-186-merlin-uefa-euro-96-england-football-stickers-46971-p.jpg

Say hello to Christian Goat.

I demand to know their names! My guess is Mark Clitheroe,Geoff Overton the third,Edwin McBrian. :)

Good guess, but their real names are exactly as odd as the current ones

(though why you think Geoff Boycott is odd I'm not sure - greatest Yorkshire man supposedly)

Bastian Piglifter* is my favourite.

* DW will no doubt correct me if that isn't the translation of Schweinsteiger

Englebert Humperdinck is really Arnold George Dorsey - not sure that the name change improved much there.

I'm sure most of us have climbed a pig. Let he who is without sin etc....

I hope that both the Conservatives and Labour parties now realise that UKIP are not going to just go away. People are fed up with mainstream political parties, they are fed up of being promised the earth but never receiving it, and a lot of people are concerned about immigration. With a general election only seven months away, the rise of UKIP could yet determine who holds the balance of power.

Trouble is Frank that UKIP are about as establishment as it gets. Farage is a public school educated banker from the South whose dad was a stockbroker. The man couldn't be more establishment in either his background or his politics yet he has managed to portray himself as an angry outsider man of the people type. Very impressive it has to be said. See also Johnson, Boris.

If Farage had been killed in that plane crash then Ukip would still be languishing as a one policy protest party.
He is what Dave is and Ed isn't, what the modern day electorate want, one line, buzz word bullshit.
Ed tries but he just can't deliver it in the reality TV style the vast majority of voters crave.

If a party wishes to appeal to the UKIP voter fine, but they will not get my vote if they do.

The only reasons people vote UKIP are they are either ignorant or idiots, either way these are not people we should want deciding who governs us.

If that sounds arrogant, fair enough.

If a party wishes to appeal to the UKIP voter fine, but they will not get my vote if they do.

The only reasons people vote UKIP are they are either ignorant or idiots, either way these are not people we should want deciding who governs us.

Terrible thing democracy, when you're losing and you don't get your own way isn't it?

True enough. Much of the anger seems to stem from immigration but low pay, job insecurity, expensive housing and a rising cost of living are fuck all to do with that.

It's all about having someone to blame, and UKIP voters just seem too blind / stupid to actually see who fucks them over.

Back