• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

That's a broad, sweeping generalisation that you can back up with hard facts?

Yes I take your point TSB, I could have worded it better.

I think I was trying to say that no single political party can be singled out as the only one that has individuals that will try and feather their own nests, given the opportunity. The expenses scandal proved that. The press do still seem to be 'out to get UKIP' though, with some 'non-stories'.
Are they still really that bothered by UKIP ?

Looking at the link you posted from The Guardian, I agree with one of the posters under the article, where he said "Read the details: Storm in a teacup (with appropriately selected photo to match the editorial agenda)".

I wouldn't vote for UKIP in a GE or Council Election but I can see the merits of a protest vote in the EU Election. I find it very difficult to trust anyone in Politics, UKIP are no different. I just disliked them the least when it came to the EU vote.

GE prediction (10,185 sample): Lab 339 (+81), Con 257 (-50), LDs 18 (-39), UKIP 0 (-), Nats 17 (+8), Others 19 (-).

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

Surprised by these results, i still half expect another Tory led coalition government after the next general election.

I see by that poll , that UKIP have twice as many votes as Lds , but LDs haves 17 seats and UKIP O seats . Just an observation .
Maybe if people believe that UKIP can't get a seat , their supporters might change their vote to the Conservitive party and clinch a victory for the Con party .

They're more likely to win by all the expats coming back to pitch in and vote for them ;)

A double whammy image for a lot of users on here

Bvfth7cIQAEwLk-.jpg

net increase of 243k migrants to uk during 12 months to end of march. That includes 153k from romania and bulgaria.

There was a "statistically significant" increase in net migration into the UK in the year up to March, from 175,000 to 243,000, the Official for National Statistics has said.

EU citizens accounted for two-thirds of the increase.

There was also an increase in Romanian and Bulgarian citizens migrating to the UK, up to 28,000 from 12,000 in the previous 12 months.

Ministers said they would "control migration at sustainable levels".

Separate figures from the ONS have shown a rise in the amount of people in the UK who were born abroad.

Douglas Carswell (con, clacton) resigns his seat and defects to Ukip. Cue by election. Should be interesting.

Somewhere on the Tube, two leftists lowered their copies of the Grauniad and exchanged a smug yet knowing glance upon hearing the news.

I believe this is only the start and it will be interesting to see who the first labour mp to jump ship and back a winner will be.

I believe this is only the start and it will be interesting to see who the first labour mp to jump ship and back a winner will be.

There's a lot less overlap between Labour and UKIP than there is between UKIP and the Tories. The far left of the party have always been anti-EU but they wouldn't sympathise with UKIP on pretty much any other policy area so its highly unlikely that we'll see any Labour defections.

Do UKIP have any other policies??

A huge look at me decision made even bigger for those he thinks want to look at him by resigning his seat and seeking re-election. He should be seeking change at the top of the party he used to represent as according to his own words below he's not fallen out with the party.

"This hasn't been an easy decision. I have been a member of the Conservative Party for all my adult life. It's full of wonderful people who want the best for Britain.

"My local Conservative Association in Clacton is thriving. It brims with those I'm honoured to call my friends.

"The problem is that many of those at the top of the Conservative Party are simply not on our side. They aren't serious about the change that Britain so desperately needs.

Back