• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

I wouldn't vote for UKIP , but my point is , every party has it's fair share of dumb voters.

slightly silly comparison given that blair was in charge of one of the big two parties, and farage is in charge of a party he's had to build largely himself.

I'm not saying Farage is amazing - just that your comparison's a bit daft.

Thehistorymakers started it ;)

Even funnier if you watch it:

I can't wait to tell the greek PM that the answer to all his economic problems is to paint the buses red, and the trains in regional colours of course.

Good lord. That is dreadful.

UKIP seem to be developing a fine success rate in unearthing complete headcases.

Not that I am defending UKIP or any of their frankly odious activists but they are a small party who don't have the capacity to organise themselves (how they can put themselves forward as a party of government defies belief).

At the moment every word they say is being picked up and broadcast. Back in the day it was the Lib Dems who attracted the weird and wonderful but they had the organisational back up to ensure their better candidates were pushed to the fore while the strange ones always fought the unsinkable seats, did the hard work for others and generally kept out of sight.

Many of the UKIP embarrassments are ex-Tory - the sort of ex-Tory who would never have made it far in the Tory Party. Some were elected as Tories but are currently on the UKIP ticket.

But even if you ignore the headlines - even a scant examination of this so-called democratic party should ring alarm bells yet people are going to vote for them as if history has taught us nothing. These people are not capable of wielding power and that's before you get to looking at some of their bizarre individual beliefs.

Not that I am defending UKIP or any of their frankly odious activists but they are a small party who don't have the capacity to organise themselves (how they can put themselves forward as a party of government defies belief).

At the moment every word they say is being picked up and broadcast. Back in the day it was the Lib Dems who attracted the weird and wonderful but they had the organisational back up to ensure their better candidates were pushed to the fore while the strange ones always fought the unsinkable seats, did the hard work for others and generally kept out of sight.

Many of the UKIP embarrassments are ex-Tory - the sort of ex-Tory who would never have made it far in the Tory Party. Some were elected as Tories but are currently on the UKIP ticket.

But even if you ignore the headlines - even a scant examination of this so-called democratic party should ring alarm bells yet people are going to vote for them as if history has taught us nothing. These people are not capable of wielding power and that's before you get to looking at some of their bizarre individual beliefs.

I kind of agree with a lot of this. UKIP are a small party who haven't had the resources to vet their people properly. A lot of the nutters are the ones moved on from the tory party - and thats entirely UKIPs fault for accepting anyone who's been voted in somewhere regardless of why they've been kicked out of their previous parties.

I also agree UKIP aren't a party capable of wielding power - but then they're never going to get into government anyway. They're a single issue party that are getting a lot of attention due to the terrible state of the other main parties.

I still think and hope they'll do very well in the european elections though - but I think the general election will be a different thing entirely.

Couldn't you say the same of the Greens though? And yet they don't seem to have a problem with nutters, policy issues notwithstanding...

Couldn't you say the same of the Greens though? And yet they don't seem to have a problem with nutters, policy issues notwithstanding...

I would say the same thing about the Greens. There are a few high profile greens but they are actually very tight about who they let loose in winnable seats. Some the activists in the greens would make Karl Mark look like Thatcher.

Back