• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Was he $#@!! That would make him john major ffs

Someone who governs in a way that favours market liberalisation, smaller state through privatisation and generally right wing economic policies - the so called third way that Clinton and Blair favoured - is centre right. His centre right economic agenda was partially tempered by what many would consider leftish liberal social policies but for many, including me, he was dominated by the economic orthodoxy associated with the traditional right.

Major was a compromiser for most of his term due to the slender majority he had. He too was centre right but by circumstances not choice.

Someone who governs in a way that favours market liberalisation, smaller state through privatisation and generally right wing economic policies - the so called third way that Clinton and Blair favoured - is centre right. His centre right economic agenda was partially tempered by what many would consider leftish liberal social policies but for many, including me, he was dominated by the economic orthodoxy associated with the traditional right.

Major was a compromiser for most of his term due to the slender majority he had. He too was centre right but by circumstances not choice.

So Blair was essentially a Tory then

Explains his decade in govt!

Yeah all that investment in building new hospitals and schools, classic Tory policy

Yeah all that investment in building new hospitals and schools, classic Tory policy

Paid for by private finance. Classic Tory policy. We are still paying (literally) for the consequences of that policy.

You can't separate what you do from how you do it.

No, the Tories wouldn't have built them. Blair was far from perfect and I personally didn't vote for him 3rd time around because of Iraq, but domestically he was significantly better than what we have the 18 years prior and for the last 6 years.

No, the Tories wouldn't have built them. Blair was far from perfect and I personally didn't vote for him 3rd time around because of Iraq, but domestically he was significantly better than what we have the 18 years prior and for the last 6 years.

Can you back this up? Sounds more like an opinion. Margaret Thatcher built more social housing than Blair and Brown but the rhetoric from the left is often that she is solely responsible. She also invested quite significantly in the NHS. This notion that Labour invest in the NHS and Tories don't isn't actually true.

PFI cost us somewhere in the region of £60 billion - you.can't separate what from how and I don't think Blair being a slightly better Tory than the Tories is a ringing endorsement.

Can you back this up? Sounds more like an opinion. Margaret Thatcher built more social housing than Blair and Brown but the rhetoric from the left is often that she is solely responsible. She also invested quite significantly in the NHS. This notion that Labour invest in the NHS and Tories don't isn't actually true.

PFI cost us somewhere in the region of £60 billion - you.can't separate what from how and I don't think Blair being a slightly better Tory than the Tories is a ringing endorsement.
On my phone but this is from a quick Google search. Spending on Education and hospitals is at the bottom

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...-New-Labour-spend-too-much-in-government.html

Has the UKIP leader forgotten what the 'I' in his party's name stands for? Why is he so happy for the US to tell us who to pick as ambassador? Is it because hes a massive toadying twat?

Farage has said:

“In this country, the people have spoken but the same players have just been shuffled around the chess board and we are still being run by the career professional political class."

He said this at an event to celebrate his twenty years in politics.....

Farage has said:

“In this country, the people have spoken but the same players have just been shuffled around the chess board and we are still being run by the career professional political class."

He said this at an event to celebrate his twenty years in politics.....

That irony aside, who the hell does expect to be in politics? Surely once you're an MP, that's your career. You're a politician.
I know I'm onto a loser looking for logic in a Farage statement though.

Whilst we are on the subject of bizarre quotes I'll give you one yesterday from the BBC's Political Editor Luara Kuenssberg on the Autumn Statement.

she said it meant "borrowing is back"

Back