• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Farage Ltd and Similar Watch

Fair point.

This is what the Guardian says about the survey.

The research, billed as the most detailed study ever of poverty in the UK, claims that almost 18 million Britons live in inadequate housing conditions and that 12 million are too poor to take part in all the basic social activities – such as entertaining friends or attending all the family occasions they would wish to. It suggests that one in three people cannot afford to heat their homes properly, while 4 million adults and children are not able to eat healthily.

This is what the guardian says about LIVING STANDARDS

The number of British households falling below minimum living standards has more than doubled in the past 30 years, despite the size of the economy increasing twofold, a study on poverty and deprivation in the UK claims .

Depends who was asked the questions & where they lived (no doubt if you did they survey in Kensington & Chelsea you would get a different result). Are we really suggesting that between 20 & 30% of the country either lives in inadequate housing or are too poor to take part in basic social activities, though that depends how you define those categories (if we are talking about the ballet or Royal Opera House then I probably qualify as deprived).

Bald statements such as 'the number of British households falling below minimum living standards has more than doubled in the last 30years' is meaningless unless you are going to define what those are.

(also the study is billed as the most comprehensive study ever of poverty in the UK - by whom?!)

I think this is a bit out of order to be fair mate.

Absolutely.

Someone who I have never said anything to, comes on the forum and impies I was a troll, when the person he was posting to had just admited he had lied about something to try to make me believe his point for 3 pages was a bit ironic.
So i put the definition up.
I did say it was to harsh and of course was meant as a joke, Sorry if it couldn't be seen as that.
You can only imagine what I would have had to put up with, If i had on purpose lied to the forum to prove a point.

I hadn't lied, it was a joke. Maybe I should have put a smiley after it.... Or a few dots....

Someone who I have never said anything to, comes on the forum and impies I was a troll, when the person he was posting to had just admited he had lied about something to try to make me believe his point for 3 pages was a bit ironic.
So i put the definition up.
I did say it was to harsh and of course was meant as a joke, Sorry if it couldn't be seen as that.
You can only imagine what I would have had to put up with, If i had on purpose lied to the forum to prove a point.

You are a troll, your arguments continually shift and you fail to answer direct questions. Your childish reactions when you think you've proved a point and your continuous 'look at me, look at me' posts are another dead give away.

I'm seriously considering a 48h thread closure so we can re-focus.

I'm seriously considering a 48h thread closure so we can re-focus.

Wouldn't worry Vis - I suspect most of us will have got fed up & have better things to occupy our time with soon.

I know I have - my last post on this subject

You are a troll, your arguments continually shift and you fail to answer direct questions. Your childish reactions when you think you've proved a point and your continuous 'look at me, look at me' posts are another dead give away.

The dead give away is the irony of your post. You butt in and call me a troll to the very person who just admitted telling fibs to prove his point. I defend myself that is all. If you hadn't tried to look smart by jumping on the bandwaggon, the thread could well of moved on to other things. Your post was unjust, unfair and cowardly.

The dead give away is the irony of your post. You butt in and call me a troll to the very person who just admitted telling fibs to prove his point. I defend myself that is all. If you hadn't tried to look smart by jumping on the bandwaggon, the thread could well of moved on to other things. Your post was unjust, unfair and cowardly.

Like I said, Troll. Trolls always make out that they're being picked on and that others are being unfair to them. Keep digging.

Like I said, Troll. Trolls always make out that they're being picked on and that others are being unfair to them. Keep digging.

You seem to be an expert on what a troll is.

Trolls also bait to keep an argument going. Quite often when they have nothing to do with the argument.

I believe in what I'm saying and I've backed it up. If people agree with me or not that's not a problem and I respect other peoples opinions. You just thought I was on the floor and you would put a few kicks in. Some people have said pathetic things on this thread. I could put them up on the board, but It has been done already. You said nothing about those pathetic statements or lies .You just wanted to join the majority, put a few kicks in. That is cowardly and pathetic, the lowest form of humanity.

The problem is, I am not on the floor nor am I moaning how many people join in. I do think it's funny, I have had a great time. Most importantly I will sleep well knowing what I said is what I believe in and the statistics have backed me up.

i will take a rest so you don't need to.( but if I get attacked unfairly i will defend myself.

You haven't been attacked, your constant inane ramblings have been challenged and repeatedly picked apart, it certainly hasn't been 'unfair', if you talk bollocks you're going to get called out.

That's what's happening, has already happened several times and will continue to happen until you either fuck off or start making some sort of sense.

You seem to be an expert on what a troll is.

Trolls also bait to keep an argument going. Quite often when they have nothing to do with the argument.

I believe in what I'm saying and I've backed it up. If people agree with me or not that's not a problem and I respect other peoples opinions. You just thought I was on the floor and you would put a few kicks in. Some people have said pathetic things on this thread. I could put them up on the board, but It has been done already. You said nothing about those pathetic statements or lies .You just wanted to join the majority, put a few kicks in. That is cowardly and pathetic, the lowest form of humanity.

The problem is, I am not on the floor nor am I moaning how many people join in. I do think it's funny, I have had a great time. Most importantly I will sleep well knowing what I said is what I believe in and the statistics have backed me up.

Another dead give away right there.

Now now Mark. Play nicely with THM. After all, he was the only brickie in the 80s earning more than a 10 years PQE solicitor waiting for a partnership and yet, despite having a salary six times the national average, chose to rent his little pad at £200 a month. His salary he refers to equates to £38k a year or so. In the eighties before the property crash that would have entitled a mortgage of 3 times annual salary so a house worth £120k ish. At the same time, my parents bought their house for £56,950. I sold it last year for £400k so I can see why THM was in rented property rather than his mansion he could afford (about £950k worth by today's values).

Both of those points make him an outlier in the 1980s statistics, hence why he thinks everyone was better off then.

You haven't been attacked, your constant inane ramblings have been challenged and repeatedly picked apart, it certainly hasn't been 'unfair', if you talk bollocks you're going to get called out.

That's what's happening, has already happened several times and will continue to happen until you either $#@! off or start making some sort of sense.

You are trying to make up for your bad day Mark. They are not my statistics. You never picked them apart. There is more poverty in the UK than 30 years ago.
Do yourself a favour. Don't tell me to fuck off on the internet. It's not good manners.

Now now Mark. Play nicely with THM. After all, he was the only brickie in the 80s earning more than a 10 years PQE solicitor waiting for a partnership and yet, despite having a salary six times the national average, chose to rent his little pad at £200 a month. His salary he refers to equates to £38k a year or so. In the eighties before the property crash that would have entitled a mortgage of 3 times annual salary so a house worth £120k ish. At the same time, my parents bought their house for £56,950. I sold it last year for £400k so I can see why THM was in rented property rather than his mansion he could afford (about £950k worth by today's values).

Both of those points make him an outlier in the 1980s statistics, hence why he thinks everyone was better off then.

At least that was funny. One thing for sure I never wore gola shoes and a slazenger top.
oh I forgot, that was a lie, oh sorry, it was a joke. Or that is what I was told after pulling his leg about it for 3 pages.haha

Back